Yo...I just purchased a Q10... slight upgrade from the Bold. I need to know how to really open this phone up to use it. I don't play games and do listen to music. I also read news articles and would like to be able to work my dissertation assignments through it. What are some good sites to unlock the potential of this phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 01:45 AM
    Welcome to the community. Feel free to ask precisely so you get concrete and precise anwers... There is no "ideal" way to answer your actual question... Surf this Q10 section in the forums, there is plenty of useful advice here!!
    Look for the 30 day Q10 experiment, a fellow tested the Q10 and gave good advice.
    The Q10 can do many things. Much more than you might expect...
    Docs to go is a native App that works well and might be useful for your project(s).
    Cheers!

BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    05-31-14 02:37 AM
    And see this page for a ton of great links for BB 10. BlackBerry 10 "Getting Started & Tips"
    TIMSHULL likes this.
    05-31-14 02:43 AM
    For news, you should try getting the Android Flipboard app, it's an amazing source of news from different websites/magazines.

I discovered it with my iPhone and I was glad I could get the Android version working on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 03:17 AM
    I read articles on the web mostly not an app so Reader Mode is a big thing for me. Best way to read on BB10. Also since you have a Q10 I would learn to love universal search and instant actions. Just type from the homescreen to find or do anything you want almost.
    raskarl likes this.
    05-31-14 10:22 AM
    ...Also since you have a Q10 I would learn to love universal search and instant actions. Just type from the homescreen to find or do anything you want almost.
    Exactly this. I hardly ever use the app page to open things. Just swipe up to unlock, start typing, and open whatever it was I needed
    I highly suggest taking the time to go through the search settings and set them up the way you will use them. It helps to have that refined to the way I use my Berry.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273
    05-31-14 10:49 AM
    Well, if you prefer the browser then yes, reader mode is the best combined with universal search so you don't even need to open the browser

Hope you enjoy your Q10!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 12:37 PM
    Sideloading seems difficult. Can you provide details on how to actually do it?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 06:32 PM
    Sideloading seems difficult. Can you provide details on how to actually do it?

Posted via CB10
    If you have .bar files you wish to install, here's my side-loading "how to"

Install Sachesi for side-loading:
    1. Download the appropriate version here: Sachesi
    2. Put it in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    3. Plug your device into your PC.
    4. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    5. Click on the install tab.
    6. Drag/drop the bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    7. When complete, unplug your device. You're done.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    05-31-14 06:53 PM
    Alright...you will need to dumb down for me. I have not the slightest clue as to a. bar.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 06:57 PM
    Alright...you will need to dumb down for me. I have not the slightest clue as to a. bar.

Posted via CB10
    OK, let's step back. What did you mean when you saifd you wanted to be able to side load?

Were you perhaps referring to being able to install Android apps?
    05-31-14 07:04 PM
    Yes. I want to install android apps on the device. I was trying to use google chrome but it is saying I have no device. Do I install on phone...just not sure.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 07:19 PM
    I recommend the app gnewsreader. I think flipboard is too cluttered and prefer a more minimalist approach especially with such a small screen.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    05-31-14 07:24 PM
    I first have to determine how to even download android apps. The process is overwhelming. All sites say something different.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 07:36 PM
    Yes. I want to install android apps on the device. I was trying to use google chrome but it is saying I have no device. Do I install on phone...just not sure.

Posted via CB10
    OK, that helps.

First of all, you can't install Chrome on your device and have it function, as it requires Google play services to do so. (There is an elaborate work-around, but it isn't very reliable.)

But, if you wish to be able to download and install Android apps, use the side loading method above to install Snap (bar file available here: Snap Google Play Client)

Once installed, you can sign in with your Google account and download/install most Android apps. Again, ones that rely on Google Play services will not work. (That appears to be changing in the upcoming 10.3 OS.)
    D Telli Q10, Uzi and Katika99 like this.
    05-31-14 07:55 PM
    I first have to determine how to even download android apps. The process is overwhelming. All sites say something different.

Posted via CB10
    I've listed the Snap method above. Yes, there are other methods, and you can read about them here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-files-873609/

I feel that Snap is the best for those with no experience with Android apps for BlackBerry. It gives you an app store that functions similarly to BB World and draws the Android apps directly from the Google Play store (the safest source).
    05-31-14 08:03 PM
    What's the correct version?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 08:23 PM
    What's the correct version?

Posted via CB10
    Choose the version of Sachesi to match your computer's operating system.
    05-31-14 08:34 PM
    How do I know Sachesi is installed on device? I dragged and dropped the Sachesi file into the install on sachesi...not really sure friend.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 08:38 PM
    For the record, gnewsreader and flipboard are native. You'd find them in BlackBerry world.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    05-31-14 08:39 PM
    I'm still stuck on the sideloading process.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 08:42 PM
    Once DDPB is on CPU and sachesi is on me device...is something magical suppose to occur? I see the country says Indonesia but my country is USA

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 08:47 PM
    How do I know Sachesi is installed on device? I dragged and dropped the Sachesi file into the install on sachesi...not really sure friend.

Posted via CB10
    You aren't putting Sachesi on your device -- it goes into a folder on your computer. You are dragging/dropping the Snap bar into Sachesi, to install it on your device. Here's the step-by-step in full.

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Put it in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    3. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    4. Plug your device into your computer.
    5. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    6. Click on the install tab.
    7. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    8. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    05-31-14 09:29 PM
    I don't know about you, but I hate reading directions. Here's a video if you want to follow this, I'm new to the Q10 as well.

05-31-14 10:37 PM
    Thanks. Did not work.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 11:42 PM
34 12