Hi everyone! I just got a Q10 a day or two ago, and im in love! Its me second Blackberry device, after my ancient Tour that i had, and its a great phone, OS and all. I have one question however. I did my research and decided to sideload Instagram and Snapchat instead of getting the new OS leak, i am rather tech savvy, but im not 100% comfortable with using a leaked OS, until it comes closer to a kind of final build haha.

Anyways, i sideload and download the android runtime, and boot em up, and they both run flawlessly. However when i click on the camera button for both apps and go to take a picture, the camera is always sideways, no matter how i hold the phone, and with instagram its just a huge picture of whatever i take a pic of, and i cant see the filters or editing tools at all.

Is it supposed to be like this? Did i do something wrong? anyway to fix it? ive heard good things about Igrann, but its in bet and i dont know if i can access it while its in beta....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Everyone!
    12-30-13 10:25 PM
    Install the latest leaked OS. I did on my daughter's Q5 and these issues you mentioned went way. She has zero issues with these two apps on her Q5 now; download from 1mobile app store.

Cheers. Ben

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Punstoppable likes this.
    12-30-13 10:55 PM
    I would also say load the latest leak! Since I loaded it, you can see all the filters and options...

The camera is still sideways on the Q10 but you can just go into the Blackberry Camera and takw the photo you want and then just load it on Instagram

Pounded on the best BB10 device - Q10
    Punstoppable likes this.
    12-30-13 11:10 PM
    Thanks for the input! Could someone kindly point me in the right direction? a link to the leak and maybe a step by step tutorial would be great! Would anything change when i install it? battery life? my apps? will anything be deleted? do i have to uninstall my android apps or the runtime?

Im so sorry about all of these questions!
    12-30-13 11:20 PM
    Thanks for the input! Could someone kindly point me in the right direction? a link to the leak and maybe a step by step tutorial would be great! Would anything change when i install it? battery life? my apps? will anything be deleted? do i have to uninstall my android apps or the runtime?

Im so sorry about all of these questions!
    How to guide:
    http://m.crackberry.com/install-leaked-os-autoloader

Leak link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=887047

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    Punstoppable likes this.
    12-30-13 11:51 PM
    Thank You! just a quick question, what does the radio thing mean? Like with 10.2.1.1899 radio?
    12-30-13 11:56 PM
    Thank You! just a quick question, what does the radio thing mean? Like with 10.2.1.1899 radio?
    Each OS comes with a radio version optimized for the OS. Without a proper radio version you would not be able to make or receive phone calls.

Also, two great app developers are working on native Instagram and Snapchat apps. iGrann is the Instagram app and Snap2Chat is the Snapchat app. They are currently both in beta forms, but if you want to try them you would have to download them to your computer and then sideload them to your phone using a program called DDPB, or DDPB Installer.

Punstoppable likes this.
    12-30-13 11:59 PM
    Each OS comes with a radio version optimized for the OS. Without a proper radio version you would not be able to make or receive phone calls.

Also, two great app developers are working on native Instagram and Snapchat apps. iGrann is the Instagram app and Snap2Chat is the Snapchat app. They are currently both in beta forms, but if you want to try them you would have to download them to your computer and then sideload them to your phone using a program called DDPB, or DDPB Installer.

Awesome thank you very much! Do i have anything to worry about with the leak? the radio thing is kind concerning....
    12-31-13 12:11 AM
    Awesome thank you very much! Do i have anything to worry about with the leak? the radio thing is kind concerning....
    Nothing to worry about. Just make sure you download the right OS (Q5/10 10.2.1.1925 with 10.2.1.1899 radio).

After you download it, you will need to use 7zip to extract the downloaded file. You can download 7zip for free here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/

I went through these same steps as did numerous others with no issues. Just be sure to follow instructions.

Punstoppable likes this.
    12-31-13 12:19 AM
    I'm still running 10.1 on my Q10 for ATT and with IG 5.0.1 you still can't see the filters when uploading pictures so you kind of have to guess. With snapchat the camera is still shifted but all you need to do is turn your phone 90 degrees clockwise loll.
    12-31-13 12:30 AM
    So is is there any application for instagram that you can take pictures and upload them? I found the android version unstable and not as smooth as it should be. I am using my q10 and the latest official update (10.2). Has anyone tried the instagram app using the version 10.2.1? And how about the battery life?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 07:31 AM
    So is is there any application for instagram that you can take pictures and upload them? I found the android version unstable and not as smooth as it should be. I am using my q10 and the latest official update (10.2). Has anyone tried the instagram app using the version 10.2.1? And how about the battery life?

Posted via CB10
    As I noted in a previous comment, two great app developers are working on native Instagram and Snapchat apps. iGrann is the Instagram app and Snap2Chat is the Snapchat app. They are currently both in beta forms, but if you want to try them you would have to download them to your computer and then sideload them to your phone using a program called DDPB, or DDPB Installer.

anon8397415 likes this.
    12-31-13 08:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can grab Blackgram from BlackBerry World. It allows you to take and post photos and watch videos (you can't shoot videos).

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
    12-31-13 10:11 AM
    I still don't knw how to download instagram even though I downloaded crackberry

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:14 AM
    Cud someone tell me what to do? I have a BlackBerry Q ten

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:14 AM
    You can grab Blackgram from BlackBerry World. It allows you to take and post photos and watch videos (you can't shoot videos).

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
    Reviews in BlackBerry World are awful, better to sideload the iGrann app (which is free) and then download the final version (also free) when it hits BlackBerry World.

12-31-13 11:07 AM
    You need to sideload the igrann app. Go to www.igrann.com, download the bar file and sideload it with the application mentioned above

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-31-13 12:17 PM
    Cud someone tell me what to do? I have a BlackBerry Q ten

Posted via CB10
    You need to sideload the igrann app. Go to www.igrann.com, download the bar file and sideload it with the application mentioned above

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-31-13 12:18 PM
    I had the same issues with the rotated camera on snapchat and instagram (and still have them) but I have another issues, which I can't see raised anywhere. I am using a snapchat sideload on a Q10 with OS 10.2.0.424 and, as the screen is not the same size as apple or android devices, the images I receive are cropped, so I can never see the top or bottom on snapchats I receive from apple or android users. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or could help me try and resolve this, or will I just have to deal with not being able to see text on snapchats unless it's in the middle?

Any help appreciated
    01-01-14 02:41 PM
    I had the same issues with the rotated camera on snapchat and instagram (and still have them) but I have another issues, which I can't see raised anywhere. I am using a snapchat sideload on a Q10 with OS 10.2.0.424 and, as the screen is not the same size as apple or android devices, the images I receive are cropped, so I can never see the top or bottom on snapchats I receive from apple or android users. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or could help me try and resolve this, or will I just have to deal with not being able to see text on snapchats unless it's in the middle?

Any help appreciated
    i had the same issue, i sideloaded snap2chat and when i use that app, there is no cropping issue at all
    01-01-14 03:16 PM
    Thanks, I'll try that
    01-02-14 04:36 AM
    My Instagram photo uploads on 10.2.1.1925 (downloaded the Android app via SNAP) are still sideways. On Blackgram it is not. Suggestions?

? Z10
    01-09-14 07:59 PM
    My Instagram photo uploads on 10.2.1.1925 (downloaded the Android app via SNAP) are still sideways. On Blackgram it is not. Suggestions?

? Z10
    Go to www.iGrann.com from your computer, download Beta 4. Sideload it to your phone.

01-09-14 08:06 PM
    I downloaded the latest Instagram app via SNAP and you can rotate the photo. Problem solved. Thanks Android...

Appreciate your help though.

? Z10
    01-09-14 08:13 PM