Hello all,

Ordered a sim-free Q10 after a long time away from BB10 from Amazon - was by amazon themselves directly, not a "fulfilled by" or warehouse deal. When powering on, it was set to spanish language (I'm in the UK) and under where the battery goes it has a foreign carrier branding on it ("Sutel" - a Costa Rican carrier) but thankfully nowhere else on the device.

It is an SQN100-3 which I understand to be correct for the UK and it's picked my carrier up nicely and my 4G is working exactly as it should.

My assumption is that BlackBerry have sold a lot of dead stock to global retailers - just worried that my warranty might be an issue. In fairness Amazon did sell it me themselves so would they pick up any warranty issues initially?

Otherwise very happy with it, case and screen protectors are en route and coming from a Galaxy Note 3 I'm chuffed with it. My first physical QWERTY phone and I love it. The thought of typing all the above on my Note makes me cringe! Still not touch typing (struggling with the special characters), but I imagine I'll get there soon enough.

Can't wait to see some colleagues faces when they see what I've swapped from and to lol.

Sorry for the rant, just don't wanna have any issues!

Sam - posted from new Q10!!

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling and bebold99 like this.
    08-23-14 12:31 PM
    You should be fine, welcome to the family! Learn from the forums how you can improve your Q by updating the OS.

Welcome to CrackBerry!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-23-14 12:36 PM
    Hello all,

Ordered a sim-free Q10 after a long time away from BB10 from Amazon - was by amazon themselves directly, not a "fulfilled by" or warehouse deal. When powering on, it was set to spanish language (I'm in the UK) and under where the battery goes it has a foreign carrier branding on it ("Sutel" - a Costa Rican carrier) but thankfully nowhere else on the device.

It is an SQN100-3 which I understand to be correct for the UK and it's picked my carrier up nicely and my 4G is working exactly as it should.

My assumption is that BlackBerry have sold a lot of dead stock to global retailers - just worried that my warranty might be an issue. In fairness Amazon did sell it me themselves so would they pick up any warranty issues initially?

Otherwise very happy with it, case and screen protectors are en route and coming from a Galaxy Note 3 I'm chuffed with it. My first physical QWERTY phone and I love it. The thought of typing all the above on my Note makes me cringe! Still not touch typing (struggling with the special characters), but I imagine I'll get there soon enough.

Can't wait to see some colleagues faces when they see what I've swapped from and to lol.

Sorry for the rant, just don't wanna have any issues!

Sam - posted from new Q10!! :)

Posted via CB10
    Hi Sam, if you are in the UK, and you purchased from within the UK (preferably from a UK retailer - eg amazon.co.uk) then you are very strongly covered by the Sales of Goods Act (Sale of Goods Act Explained)

I've tried to attach two simple diagrams that explain your rights... hopefully they will both attach ok, and be self-explanatory.....

soga_for_customers.pdf
    soga_forcustomersflowchart.pdf
    08-23-14 01:38 PM
    Hi, I bought mine in Romania-sim free and it's made for Asia Pacific, the first boot was on Spanish language.
    Not a big deal for me, the most importan was the manufacture day 27 May 2014.
    Enjoy your Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 02:23 PM
    Where do I find date of manufacture? Found "060514" on the box by all the serials, IMEI etc. - could that be it?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 02:52 PM
    06 May. 14

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:40 PM