If you guys could help please.

I synced old and new phone via Blackberry Link as advised.

• My contacts came over, but I can't find my old ring tone, I can't even find where to look for it properly.
    • My old apps were not transferred over...
    • I have multiple issues with the Q10 Twitter, any twitter users here?
    • Is there any official OS update? I'm running Software: 10.1.0.314 and OS: 10.1.0.1910
    • When I search my contacts, EG name John Smith, I can't search for J (space) Smith...?

I'm coming from a 9800.
    10-09-13 10:38 PM
    Edit - didn't catch 9800 at the bottom.

What was the old phone?

Where were the ring tones stored on the old phone, and were they stock? If you were using stock from OS6, you'll need to download them. BB10 tones are different. I can upload them for you.

Your OS is probably current official, but I'd need the carrier branded to check.

You should be able to search by first initial space last name.
    10-10-13 01:01 AM
    Edit - didn't catch 9800 at the bottom.

What was the old phone?

Where were the ring tones stored on the old phone, and were they stock? If you were using stock from OS6, you'll need to download them. BB10 tones are different. I can upload them for you.

Your OS is probably current official, but I'd need the carrier branded to check.

You should be able to search by first initial space last name.
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes,. 9800.

It was a downloaded ringtone, not stock. I don't remember where it was stored but I have a copy on my PC. Can I just transfer it across? How would I do that?

My carrier is Telstra in Australia.

Any idea re old apps? Should they have come across?
    10-10-13 01:19 AM
    Did you put your storage card in the new Q? There's many ways to transfer it from your PC, but using a usb cord like you did with the 9800 would work fine.

The apps that didn't transfer probably don't exist for BB10. Others should have been stored in App World for download, under your profile. Some there are replacements for, so we can help guide you. Just list them out.

OS I'll have to check tomorrow. It's way past bedtime.
    10-10-13 01:26 AM
    Did you put your storage card in the new Q?
    The apps that didn't transfer probably don't exist for BB10. Others should have been stored in App World for download, under your profile. Some there are replacements for, so we can help guide you. Just list them out.

OS I'll have to check tomorrow. It's way past bedtime.
    I don't see any apps stored for download.

It would be surprising if they don't exist.

I don't remember all names, but

• Xe currency.
    • The berry app for flashing different colour LED for different people calling.
    • Battery app that showed a % number on the app icon

Plus a few more.
    10-12-13 07:44 AM
    Check out XE Currency in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - XE Currency

Check out Color ID Free in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - Color ID FREE

Unfortunateky the only app I know that will show the battery percent isn't free:
    Check out Wallpaper Changer HD in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - Wallpaper Changer HD

Edit - Oh wait! In the app, doh!!!

I like this one, because if you charge your phone in a public area, it provides protection:

Check out Charger Alert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/17841771
    10-13-13 10:09 PM
    Check out XE Currency in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - XE Currency
    Yes, I did find it and download it again. I still wonder why it didnt come through from my 9800 backup.

Edit - Oh wait! In the app, doh!!!

Meaning?

I like this one, because if you charge your phone in a public area, it provides protection:
    Check out Charger Alert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - Charger Alert
    Thanks, but does it only show the percentage while it's charging?
    10-14-13 05:44 AM
    Yes, I did find it and download it again. I still wonder why it didnt come through from my 9800 backup.

Depends on how you switched over from the old phone.

Meaning?

Not changing the icon in the top bar, which requires a paid app.

Thanks, but does it only show the percentage while it's charging?
    Yes, it displays in the active screen.
    10-14-13 06:53 AM
    [QUOTE=aussie99;9329957]Yes, I did find it and download it again. I still wonder why it didnt come through from my 9800 backup./QUOTE]

You a migrating from a legacy OS BlackBerry to a new BB10 device, you simply aren't able to get any apps from such a back-up. Both OS are completely different, no app which worked flawlessly on the legaccy OS will work on BB10 - unless of course the developers have rewritten it. But even in that case you'd have to manually search and install it on BB World. Not every app has been rewritten, a few are. Popular examples include BeBuzz 10 (former BeBuzz), Hub++ (former Mail++), WhatsApp, Evernote or Be Weather 10 (former BeWeather). Other popular stuff like BlackBerry News or Advanced OS and LED didn't got a rewrite and simply aren't available for BB10 as of now. You'll have to find replacements for the missing apps.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-14-13 11:55 AM