i am wondering, not sure if there is a thread allready asking this,

will there be a new version of the Q10 after they introduce the 'classic' and the ' pasport'?

Because i am really loving the Q10 how it is. Im not missing a trackpad at all, and a bigger device like the pasport is not something i prefer..

More people here hoping for a Q10 upgrade?
    hlg8888 likes this.
    06-30-14 06:32 AM
    I doubt it the Q10 sold decent but not as much as they liked.

If you look at BlackBerry and their product line up they look like they are trying to release different types of devices till they hit the right one.

I doubt that they will release a Z10 or Q10 successor in the same form.

Differentiate or Die
    06-30-14 06:35 AM
    Why not get the classic? Its basically a larger Q10 with the tool belt.

Differentiate or Die
    06-30-14 06:36 AM
    I also believe that Classic will replace Q10 in portfolio. Q10 will be discounted IMO and sold off. No reason to have 2 devices in portfolio targeted on legacy users...

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 07:10 AM
    well... thats to bad! BB 10 doesn't need a tool belt at al! it is well designed and better to work with then iOS or android IMHO.. The tool belt is a step back in time. The Q10 is al you need.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    06-30-14 09:11 AM
    Yeah, I think it's clear the BlackBerry is looking to have a streamlined product offering. It seems logical that the classic will replace the Q10 in the lineup.

I know I'd welcome the additional screen size at the very least.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 04:00 PM
    The Classic and Passport might bring new recognition for the Q10 and......well, you never know. I was always hoping for a Q10 on steroids: more ram, more storage, larger screen, etc...

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    06-30-14 05:52 PM
    well... thats to bad! BB 10 doesn't need a tool belt at al! it is well designed and better to work with then iOS or android IMHO.. The tool belt is a step back in time. The Q10 is al you need.
    Tell that to the Classic forum regulars, hehe.
    Bart kouwenberg likes this.
    06-30-14 06:13 PM
    There's nothing wrong with additional options.

I don't care about the hardware buttons for phone calls, but even I'll admit that the trackpad was better for selecting text for copy/cut. Arguably, it's also useful to have a mouse cursor to select links on web pages, too.
    06-30-14 06:21 PM
    If the Q10 were perfect, I'd say you could just keep it - right? It's not like you NEED to buy a new phone if you like what you already have.

I am definitely picturing the Classic replacing the Q10 in the lineup. It fixes most of the Q10's shortcomings in my opinion. The toolbelt will solve the awkward back-key in android app functionality in the Q10 (either take up 15% of the screen real estate for a bar at the bottom or master a quirky upward swype gesture that fails 10% of the time), the lack of a physical "end call" button that has me fumbling with the phone waiting for the screen to wake up after I pull it away from my cheek, and the much poorer text selection on a touch screen (trying to set the cursor at the far bottom right corner of the window is far more awkward than I'd like). The Classic is what the Q10 should have been, IMO.
    06-30-14 07:16 PM
    I'm in the "Q10 is exactly what I like" camp. I could be wrong, but it looks like the Classic is going to end up taller than the Q10, which I'm not keen on. Now a 9700 style Classic would have me drooling a bit

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    06-30-14 10:26 PM
    It will depend on the outcome of Classic and PP. If both are good, then its the last of the Q series. Future phones will then be the upgrades of the Classic, PP, and full touch.
    06-30-14 11:02 PM
    I think they should reposition the Q10 at somewhere the Q5 is currently at, and in turn the Q5 should be re positioned as an entry level qwerty device similarly priced as the Z3

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 05:30 AM
    Forget the Q10 II. There might be a Classic II though, for people who don't want the Passport or the Booklet
    07-01-14 06:28 AM
    I love my Q10, but could definitely see BlackBerry axing the Q10 and replacing it with the Classic. No need to carry and market two similar phones.

As much as I love my Q10, which surprised me coming from my old iphone, I can see myself getting a passport just to try something different. The Classic isn't enough of a change for me to upgrade, but the Passport is a giant leap up!

Posted with my Q10
    07-01-14 06:48 AM
    Thing is, the Q10 has perfect size for a high performance smartphone with dual input. Doesn't seem that the upcoming ones will as well.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-01-14 06:49 AM