Just got an unlocked Q10 from BlackBerry and I'd like to find some great, preferably native apps to start enjoying on my phone. First app was obviously CrackBerry. I just switched from Android and I'd like some apps on par or better than the following:

Any.do
    Cheezburger
    Mint
    Simplenote (or clean note app with backup options)
    SplashID Safe
    TextNow
    TuneIn (the current BB10 one is extremely sluggish)

Those are really all I need replacing for the time being. But I'm open to other suggestions as well, not just for these. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 04:04 AM
    Find the latest apk of tunein, and probably Skype. The native Blackberry ones aren't that good.

Q10 & 9900 on Bell Mobility
    02-19-14 04:53 AM
    Just got an unlocked Q10 from BlackBerry and I'd like to find some great, preferably native apps to start enjoying on my phone. First app was obviously CrackBerry. I just switched from Android and I'd like some apps on par or better than the following:

Any.do
    Cheezburger
    Mint
    Simplenote (or clean note app with backup options)
    SplashID Safe
    TextNow
    TuneIn (the current BB10 one is extremely sluggish)

Those are really all I need replacing for the time being. But I'm open to other suggestions as well, not just for these. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Install Snap (Welcome - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.), log in, and install al the apps.

Works like a charm!
    02-19-14 04:56 AM
    I prefer to stay away from Android apps. I understand most apps I won't ever find but if someone can point me to worthy NATIVE replacements, I would be very thankful.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 05:20 AM
    rad.io is a good streaming app to replace Tunein.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 06:33 AM
    I prefer to stay away from Android apps. I understand most apps I won't ever find but if someone can point me to worthy NATIVE replacements, I would be very thankful.

Smartest way to go. Avoid the crapware of Android. (if you wanted an Android phone you wouldn't have a BlackBerry)

CDN BB
    02-19-14 06:37 AM
    rad.io is a good streaming app to replace Tunein.

Posted via CB10
    Nice! I used it on and off on Android before. The BB10 app is very nicely built.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 06:37 AM
    Smartest way to go. Avoid the crapware of Android. (if you wanted an Android phone you wouldn't have a BlackBerry)

CDN BB
    Yep. I'd rather use web apps over Android apps. Some actually perform better in the BlackBerry browser than on Android. I'm a bit of a purist, no doubt it's great having the option to use Android apps, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a BlackBerry device. It's a sad situation we find ourselves in but since Chen took over the reigns in Waterloo, my optimism regarding BlackBerry has never been higher. BBM is doing well, more and more surprising apps are making their way into BlackBerry World with promises of going native so I think we're okay going forward. I support developers and companies who put in the effort to deliver native, highly functional apps designed for BB10 and not just half a$$ing it by porting.

Posted via CB10
    Lostonline likes this.
    02-19-14 06:45 AM
    Yep. I'd rather use web apps over Android apps... I support developers and companies who put in the effort to deliver native, highly functional apps designed for BB10 and not just half a$$ing it by porting.
    Refreshing to see others who get it!

I wish the kiddies would stick to their iToys, and the ones who can't afford them can buy Androids.

CDN BB
    02-19-14 01:20 PM
    Hub++

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 03:45 PM
    Hub++

Posted via CB10
    Great app. Is this related to Email++ from OS7?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 01:34 AM
    You should consider brickbreaker. It's a classic blackberry game that is free. It used to come pre-loaded on the devices, but now you have to download it.
    02-20-14 07:27 PM
    I just want to say welcome to BlackBerry 10
    02-20-14 07:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Noted is a clean notepad app with backup options =D

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    02-20-14 11:50 PM
    First thing you should do is upgrade to 10.2.1 via sachesi if you don't have it already.

"Ummmm...yeah. That's all I have to say."
    02-21-14 02:22 AM
    First thing you should do is upgrade to 10.2.1 via sachesi if you don't have it already.

"Ummmm...yeah. That's all I have to say."
    I've been on 10.2.1 since I got my Q10. The upside of having a factory unlocked device, fast updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:40 AM
    @fellswoop1800 - like you, I'm also new to BB10. I had an 8800 ages ago and just returned to a Q10 (can't believe how much I missed that keyboard). My search is a little more refined, with trying to find apps that are native as well as fitting the Q's square screen.

Have you (or anyone else) found an MP3 player that has more to it than the default one?
    02-23-14 05:59 AM
    @fellswoop1800 - like you, I'm also new to BB10. I had an 8800 ages ago and just returned to a Q10 (can't believe how much I missed that keyboard). My search is a little more refined, with trying to find apps that are native as well as fitting the Q's square screen.

Have you (or anyone else) found an MP3 player that has more to it than the default one?
    I myself haven't, but I've seen posts regarding a Neutron Music Player that is some what popular amongst some readers on here. Although, I'm not sure if it offers a free/lite version or even a trial period but check it out in the BlackBerry World and give it a spin.

BlackBerry World link:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ode=US&lang=en

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:09 AM
    Must need battery guru. You can know how much power you are using. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:12 AM