- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
New BB Q10 and having issues..
I've decided to join crackberry after defecting from the android crowd and coming back to blackberry for the physical keyboard. I used to own the 9700 and the 9900 before transitioning to the sgs2 and eventually the sg note 2. It feels nice to have a physical keyboard again.
I purchased the Q10 a few days ago and have two problems which I'm not sure if they're OS related or specific to the Q10.
First, my battery never seems to charge past 95% no matter how long I leave it plugged in and the lighting bolt is always present.
Second, the led notification doesn't stay blinking when receiving multiple messages from group chats in whatsapp. When the initial message arrives the led blinks but as soon as a second message comes in through the group chat the led goes off.
I'm not sure if these problems are Q10 specific or if they relate to the OS.
I'm on the rogers network and I'm running the latest version of BB10 and the latest version of whatsapp.
Overall I'm enjoying the new phone and the BB10 OS but would like to get these issues resolved. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by darf_krater; 06-26-13 at 11:14 PM.
- CrackBerry Genius
06-26-13, 10:18 PM #2
- 2,105 Posts
1. Battery: Fully drain it. When drained spend the next 10mins trying to power it on until it no longer responds. Charge through the charger at the wall socket - NOT the PC/Mac - preferably to use a surge protector as the outlet for the charger.
2. Nature of the OS ... it occurs with BBM as well; but BBM will continue to blink for few minutes until the device is woken up or acknowledged of the LED. Makes not real sense to keep the LED going forever if the same thread/group has messaged. You'll need to acknowledge the first notification to see others consistently. Maybe something BlackBerry can change soon or a solution someone else can respond with.
Hope you can resolve both issues, and fully enjoy your new Q10. Peace.BlackBerry Passport - Serious Mobility for Serious Business; No Procrastination.
- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
For the whatsapp problem, on the sg note 2 the led kept blinking even though multiple participants sent messages within the group chat until I acknowledged it and then it would resume blinking once a new message was sent. For the Q10, it would blink for the first message received but would stop once another message was received in the group chat causing me to totally miss the messages until I checked the phone. I hope somehow a notification option in future updates would let us customize how the led behaves.
- By slagman5 in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 102Last Post: 01-25-14, 04:28 PM
- By johnetch in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 1Last Post: 07-19-13, 12:52 PM
- By drcrane in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 6Last Post: 07-08-13, 06:36 PM
- By Draconianfire83 in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-13, 06:28 PM
- By costas1966 in forum BB10 Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 7Last Post: 06-27-13, 02:38 AM