So I have an android but have been wanting to try BB q10. My friends say they are complicated to use but I hate the virtual keyboard I'd prefer the physical keyboard I can actually touch. I'm still debating but I know BB are well made. Is it really that hard for an android user to work? I also prefer using a smaller phone now. I always loved the sophisticated look of the BB but is it really worth it? Your thoughts?
    09-22-14 01:54 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Hard to use? Sorry, but your friends probably are just regurgitating what they have heard from biased media channels.

The OS is way more fluid than iOS (let alone Android). The two things you need to know are:

• Swipe from the top bezel = options;
    • Swipe from the bottom bezel = back to the home screen

Now tell me how hard is that...
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-22-14 at 11:21 PM.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    09-22-14 02:09 PM
    I can only thank myself for choosing the Q10 and leave the Note 2 behind... you will love your Q10

Posted via CB10
    CubeDweller likes this.
    09-22-14 02:12 PM
    Q10 is really good. It's very easy to learn how to use it.
    You may want to wait for the Classic which should be out in a few months time.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 02:12 PM
    I don't have a q10 but a z10 and a z30. I switched from Android and it took me all of about an hour to be comfortable with bb10. Granted I've never owned a high end android, but from my experience so far, bb10 is the best I've ever used.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Marthaelisa17 likes this.
    09-22-14 02:23 PM
    I'm sorry what are bezes and bezel as you can see I'm clueless. I'm not cell phone savvy. Lol I refuse to get an iPhone. Yes my friends are iPhone users but I don't conform just because, I don't follow the crowds. I just want something that suits me. Email texts calls pictures. Facebook that's pretty much it. The note 2 I have is nice but too overwhelming. And it's huge! Lol I miss the old keyboards.
    DarkJoker33 and evodevo69 like this.
    09-22-14 02:30 PM
    He meant bezel in both cases, darned typos.

The bezel is essentially the edge of the glass. So, swipe up or down from where the frame and the glass meet.

Posted via CB10
    Marthaelisa17 and diegonei like this.
    09-22-14 02:53 PM
    Go for it. I don't miss my galaxy s4 I still got it but it takes between a few days when I remember, and I go just a bit on the internet, it's just collecting dust. I must sell that phone. Bezes and bezel is top and bottom of the screen, but not realy screen it's 1-2 millimeters above and below of the screen and it's touch sensitive so you are able to use gestures-swiping because bb10 don't have back button

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 02:59 PM
    You won't have any problems with the Q10 and the BlackBerry 10 OS. The OS is very simple to learn.
    09-22-14 03:12 PM
    Can you transfer your info from Samsung to BB easily or is it manually?
    09-22-14 03:36 PM
    As long as your contacts are save on your pc/mac it's a easy sync, nott really sure how samsung really work but went from iPhone to blackberry and it was pretty straight forward getting my stuff from my iPhone to my blackberry using blackberry link

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:46 PM
    Use this: Device Switch - BlackBerry World Makes it easy!
    codiak, JGoodard, diegonei and 1 others like this.
    09-22-14 03:48 PM
    You can use device switch, it is available cross-platform... i.e., to transfer data from any OS/phone to BlackBerry.

Check out:
    www.deviceswitch.com/

It also exists on android market and BB-World.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    codiak and diegonei like this.
    09-22-14 03:53 PM
    My wife made a similar switch s3 to q10. She loves her q10, took her 30 minutes to get used to it. device switch will help.
    also for any android apps you really need you can use snap. Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.
    fyi the amazon store is coming soon to bb10 devices.
    09-22-14 04:05 PM
    First Welcome to Crackberry.... the only issue you may find is apps... as much as BB runs most Android apps with no issue.... there are certain Google Apps that do not.... as I do not use Android Apps you may want to let members know what apps you use most... they can let you know what works and what does ot....nothing worse than changing devices and finding it does not run the apps you are use to or need.... It is refreshing to see your candor about being a newbie... best way to learn is the ask questions and not be afraid to say I do not know... good luck in whatever your choice is...
    09-22-14 04:08 PM
    I only use a couple apps like Facebook email, calls, and text. And surfing the Web. Of course YouTub videos. No games. I don't have my contacts on my phone I wouldn't even know how to do that! Lol the only things I know how to do on devices is call, text, download, email, pictures and surf Web. Like my phone has the stylus and I never use it. All the extra stuff I have I never use. Friends think I'm crazy for getting BB but I also was the one that got the big phone that nobody else wanted now everyone wants the big phone. Lol people are fickle.
    JGoodard likes this.
    09-22-14 04:22 PM
    It sounds, and I could be wrong, that primarily you want to communicate. As good as BlackBerry is for many things. It lives and breathes to communicate. Well. Very well.

BleedBlk-
    JGoodard likes this.
    09-22-14 04:23 PM
    Yes. I have a cosmetic business. That's about it and I go online for that and research. I don't know much about anything else. But I'm pretty busy. I'd love a good task list if it has one since I plan my day and photo Editing for my business ads. I make my own with those pic apps for collages. I'm pretty good at that but not an expert. And a good calendar. Plus my hands are small so when I workout I don't want to carry a bulky phone like the note2. My cover itself looks like a wallet. I'm over it. Could the BB those things.
    09-22-14 04:33 PM
    Yes. I have a cosmetic business. That's about it and I go online for that and research. I don't know much about anything else. But I'm pretty busy. I'd love a good task list if it has one since I plan my day and photo Editing for my business ads. I make my own with those pic apps for collages. I'm pretty good at that but not an expert. And a good calendar. Plus my hands are small so when I workout I don't want to carry a bulky phone like the note2. My cover itself looks like a wallet. I'm over it. Could the BB those things.
    You'll love the Q10, BlackBerry10's browser is pretty awesome and there are a couple of pic collage apps in BlackBerry World(shout to Mock it!) plus you can also run android apps anyway.
    09-22-14 04:42 PM
    Oh cool! I'm going this weekend to look at it. My upgrade is due. Oh I forgot, does it still have the red light for message? I always liked that feature.
    09-22-14 05:03 PM
    Oh cool! I'm going this weekend to look at it. My upgrade is due. Oh I forgot, does it still have the red light for message? I always liked that feature.
    Yup, and there are apps to customize it(so for example, blue light for facebook, green light for twitter, etc.)
    09-22-14 05:07 PM
    I switched my HTC One for a BlackBerry Q10.. and I am very happy for my decision.. I use my phone for facebook, browsing, messaging .. and it perfectly does all those things and more

Go for it

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 05:19 PM
    if you will setup a GMAIL on your phone (and you should use one, as you use Android) - all contacts, calendars and emails will be syncronised. you will have everything you need.
    later you can copy over your photos (if needed)
    09-22-14 05:44 PM
    I just came over from a Note 3. I ADORE my Q10. Honestly it took me about an hour and a half to get the hang of it but now I can just fly through it. It feels so much smoother than android. More professional too. ^_^
    09-22-14 05:45 PM
    I just came over from a Note 3. I ADORE my Q10. Honestly it took me about an hour and a half to get the hang of it but now I can just fly through it. It feels so much smoother than android. More professional too. ^_^
    oh cool so you know. Yes I am just tired of the keyboard and constant updates. I am going to look at it this weekend. So I'm excited.
    Melliejoy likes this.
    09-22-14 06:23 PM
114 123 ...