When I perform a voice control search or if I type a search in the BlackBerry browser. The browser changes to Bing and I have to type the search over.
    I have tried resetting the search engine and this does not work.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 02:39 PM
    Very strange. Mine doesn't do that. It uses whatever search engine I picked.

What OS do you have there?
    04-14-14 02:54 PM
    Try this in this order and don't skip any of it, even if you already did any of it, start from scratch.

Hit the options and reset the search providers again.

Next, goto the homepage of the search engine you want to use, hit the three dots in the bottom right corner and hit the "add search" option.

Then, goto the browser bar and just type a word like you were going to enter a Web address but don't, just some random word only and do not hit enter. Up in the top right corner you should see a drop down of your search providers. Tap and hold on the want you don't want and you will see a little slide out menu with a trashcan at the bottom. Just delete the engine(s) you don't want to use and only keep the one you do.

Worked for me anyway, that's how I managed to get DuckDuckGo as my primary search for everything.

If you did all of this exactly as I told you and it doesn't work, I have no idea what's up
    diegonei likes this.
    04-14-14 03:05 PM