Needs More screen space. Taller would be better. Eliminate some of the dead space. Use the 9900 keyboard with refinement.

Smaller icons. More in the grid.
    I wish people would stop saying things like eliminating dead space as if Rim just put it there to annoy people and that there was nothing underneath it that might not allow room for the screen to be stretched higher and that's before the issue of taller screens with a keyboard are unbalanced since it is lighter than an lcd.

As far as the icons, it might be that we are seeing older software on these devices with the ux devs being tied up right now with finalising changes to the l-series.
    12-30-12 02:09 PM
    That looks really nice, better than the actual pics of N series.
    It is easier to look nice when it is just a picture though and even then I don't really see anything nicer in it other than it having a bigger screen, but if I am choosing an n-series over the l-series then I would happily trade a few mm more screen for more comfortable typing from a better balanced device.
    12-30-12 02:12 PM
    I'm the guy wearing a long sleeve shirt with tie, whilst the rest are in polos, but I don't buy a phone to wow people with it's looks. I buy what works best for me.

Pst.......
    My post was intended to draw a laugh, not an insult.
    Sir, you can be whoever you want from your PC keyboard. I m Samsung's SVP (just kidding), and I think my products are better then RIM's.
    Its simple. People are not pleased with that look.. If the phone wasnt looking ugly and everybody is happy, then this thread would have title ''Best looking BlackBerry ever!'', not the current tittle.
    And of course, you are leaving in free country, so yes, you can believe anything, own ugly phone and still being ''smart'' guy.
    12-30-12 06:15 PM
    Sir, you can be whoever you want from your PC keyboard. I m Samsung's SVP (just kidding), and I think my products are better then RIM's.
    Its simple. People are not pleased with that look.. If the phone wasnt looking ugly and everybody is happy, then this thread would have title ''Best looking BlackBerry ever!'', not the current tittle.
    And of course, you are leaving in free country, so yes, you can believe anything, own ugly phone and still being ''smart'' guy.
    A. I could make a thread about the sky being blue, and there would be an argument discussing which platform best displays it.

B. Ya'll are debating the look, based on leaked pics which probably aren't the production model.

C. I can be a smart guy, wearing tattered jeans carrying a flippin' feature phone.

Take a chill pill, and accept that everyone doesn't live by your values and needs.
    Snap51 and anon(3896606) like this.
    12-30-12 07:00 PM
    It will no doubt be the best qwerty phone on the market, so....If that is what you want, then people will buy it. The qwerty phone is targeted to business and die hard BB fans. It will be good. As Heins says, nobody else is taking the qwerty market seriously anymore so RIM owns it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-31-12 01:23 AM
    It will no doubt be the best qwerty phone on the market, so....If that is what you want, then people will buy it. The qwerty phone is targeted to business and die hard BB fans. It will be good. As Heins says, nobody else is taking the qwerty market seriously anymore so RIM owns it.
    BINGO!!! The area we NEED to grow in is the full touch market, which is THE market these days. Whether or not the N is cute as a bug's ear is not the question. Does it do the work, to meet the niche BlackBerry currently holds?
    12-31-12 04:27 AM
    A. I could make a thread about the sky being blue, and there would be an argument discussing which platform best displays it.

B. Ya'll are debating the look, based on leaked pics which probably aren't the production model.

C. I can be a smart guy, wearing tattered jeans carrying a flippin' feature phone.

Take a chill pill, and accept that everyone doesn't live by your values and needs.

A. Sir, you are talking too much sh*t. No offence.
    B. The phone is clearly not looking well, and everybody can see it (well, at least the people who understand the meaning of ''good'' and ''looking'')
    C. Ooh yeah, proper stuff here... tattered jeans and bad looking phone.

I m chilled enough, pal. And I do accept that some people are blind enough and not see the obvious.
    Hey pal, Happy New Year!
    Desifly likes this.
    12-31-12 06:55 AM
    A. Sir, you are talking too much sh*t. No offence.
    B. The phone is clearly not looking well, and everybody can see it (well, at least the people who understand the meaning of ''good'' and ''looking'')
    C. Ooh yeah, proper stuff here... tattered jeans and bad looking phone.

I m chilled enough, pal. And I do accept that some people are blind enough and not see the obvious.
    Hey pal, Happy New Year!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...s-pics-760005/

Cheers!
    12-31-12 07:05 AM
    This is why I could never be a moderator here. I wouldn't have the patience. . Or restraint.
    12-31-12 07:14 AM
    There are some new photos that show a slight curvature to the bottom bezel and you can clearly make out what I believe to be the notification LED.
    Attached Thumbnails Is the N-Series Ugly?-curved.png  
    12-31-12 11:57 AM
    There are some new photos that show a slight curvature to the bottom bezel and you can clearly make out what I believe to be the notification LED.
    The notification LED appears to be in a different spot than the other "leaked" images. Maybe the prior leaked images are, in-fact, for a developer unit and not the production unit.

Here's to hoping. . .
    12-31-12 05:04 PM
    Yep, it is. RIM swansong.
    01-02-13 06:44 PM
    why did RIM get rid of the trackpad??? i also don't like the way the back looks, it looks like bb9800
    01-04-13 03:35 AM
    why did RIM get rid of the trackpad??? i also don't like the way the back looks, it looks like bb9800
    Trackpad removed to make room for more screen, without making the phone way too long, or truncating the keyboard.

Forget the back. You haven't seen the production version yet.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-04-13 06:40 AM
    RIM isn't focusing on aesthetics lol, I think most of their resources are tied up in the software department. My friend worked in waterloo and said most of the hardware design department was reduced by 86 percent.

If anything, the first set of devices will be gaudy because rim is focused on getting the software right. If the public is impressed by the software the second set will be refined and more money can be spent on aesthetics.

Its the same team the quickly designed the Dev devices that is working on the hardware appeal of the actual devices.

What do you guys expect...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-06-13 10:52 AM
    Not sure which I like better.....

01-06-13 02:53 PM
    01-06-13 02:54 PM
    This just reminds me of Tom & Jerry, LOL...

01-07-13 12:09 PM
    I many be bias because I will be getting both of them, but what we saw in the video wasn't the finalized version. The final one is a mix between l-series and the bold 9900, both amazingly designed phones.
    i seems like they have just cut large screen in half and pasted permanent keyboard there..... ... it seems like .....they just done it to keep a kid not crying.....
    01-13-13 12:00 AM
    I wouldn't go so far as to call this design "ugly", yet other concept designs, such as the TK Victory and Justice, appear much more visually appealing. Although I understand the reasoning of not straying too far from the ever popular 99xx series phones, the images shown lack the initial "wow" factor and visual appearance offered by the Z10. Time will tell what RIM's final design will look like, I am just hopeful that these images are not the finalized version of the X10. Too much is riding on the future of BlackBerry's comeback to release a QWERTY device that doesn't rival the visual appeal of the Z10. I believe
    01-15-13 06:43 AM
    Unfortunately, the sale of any consumer good is dictated by it's initial appearance. To use an analogy, placing four spare tires on a top of the line BMW would not likely help sales if I am attempting to make a comeback. Drawing in the prospective customer with custom rims that compliment it's sleek design will tempt them into a test drive and possible sale. The same applies to most popular brands, including BlackBerry (IMHO)
    01-15-13 07:10 AM
    I wouldn't go so far as to call this design "ugly", yet other concept designs, such as the TK Victory and Justice, appear much more visually appealing. Although I understand the reasoning of not straying too far from the ever popular 99xx series phones, the images shown lack the initial "wow" factor and visual appearance offered by the Z10. Time will tell what RIM's final design will look like, I am just hopeful that these images are not the finalized version of the X10. Too much is riding on the future of BlackBerry's comeback to release a QWERTY device that doesn't rival the visual appeal of the Z10. I believe
    Firstly, those TK designs do not need to be technically feasible nor abide by ergonomic considerations since they are just pretty pictures and secondly, is it not possible that this device is intentionally designed to be a bit more understated than the new flagship model because it is there to appeal on the basis of it being a data-entry workhorse to fill a sizable niche that is not meant to take away the spotlight from the model that is more crucial to Rim's future at the start of bb10.
    01-15-13 09:59 AM
    I definately dont think it is ugly, maybe different than the recent BOLD line. The main thing to me is that I think the masses will require a relatively large screen for a NEW DEVICE. This, to us BB activists, looks a bit odd butted up next to the keyboard.

I'm not IN LOVE with the keyboard but I think it will "grow" on me......or should I say "grow" on my wife, as I will definately have the Z10
    01-17-13 05:21 PM
    So we would buy a X10 , why ? Is the OS so good that the new device should be purchased over a BB9900 ? Even with no apps .. at least the 9900 has some apps.
    01-18-13 09:41 AM
    So we would buy a X10 , why ? Is the OS so good that the new device should be purchased over a BB9900 ? Even with no apps .. at least the 9900 has some apps.
    There will be plenty of apps that work on the n-series, albeit a few less than l-series if devs don't bother to do an update.
    01-18-13 10:24 AM
100 ... 234