RIM has repeatedly assured a first wave launch in key emerging markets like South Africa and Nigeria and Indonesia...so I don't know where this analyst is getting the idea that emerging markets will not see BB10 until much later
    l0rd1 likes this.
    12-07-12 12:41 AM
    and MAY 2012 for Verizon.......I certainly hope this is not true.
    May 2012 is when it should have been available. 2013 is a different matter.
    12-07-12 02:33 AM
    RIM has repeatedly assured a first wave launch in key emerging markets like South Africa and Nigeria and Indonesia...so I don't know where this analyst is getting the idea that emerging markets will not see BB10 until much later
    I'm guessing the US isn't in the first wave. That's where the June timetable would be relevant.
    12-07-12 02:35 AM
    Here's something to think about.. RIM has stated in the T&C for DevAlphaC (link) that

The chosen recipients for the 1500 devices will be announced on 1st March (�Reward Confirmation Date�)
    AND
    "Participants will be required to sign a Dev Alpha Agreement prior to receiving the Reward which will require the Participant to return the Device to Sponsor at their request. The Device will be deactivated by Sponsor on or around the date of the launch of Sponsor's BlackBerry�) 10 device."

So clearly, the N-series wont be in the market till atleast March?
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-07-12 02:55 AM
    in a gazillion taped interviews in numerous media RIM simply stated the phones would be there really soon, certainly not months, so who are we going to believe?
    Until dates are given by the carriers you can't believe anything. RIM is launching BB10 on Jan 30th. That's all they've specifically said as far as an actual date goes. Right?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-07-12 03:16 AM
    Here's something to think about.. RIM has stated in the T&C for DevAlphaC (link) that

The chosen recipients for the 1500 devices will be announced on 1st March (�Reward Confirmation Date�)
    AND
    "Participants will be required to sign a Dev Alpha Agreement prior to receiving the Reward which will require the Participant to return the Device to Sponsor at their request. The Device will be deactivated by Sponsor on or around the date of the launch of Sponsor's BlackBerry�) 10 device."

Which is clearly weeks after the L-series. So where analists got their "predictions" from will always boggle my mind.
    12-07-12 03:33 AM

AND

Where on earth do you see march??? From YOUR link...

BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C is coming!

We've given out over 7,500 BlackBerry� Dev Alpha devices to developers around the world since we started this program last May at BlackBerry 10 Jam in Orlando. And now, we're ready to do it again; this time with the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C!1

The top 1,500 people to submit two or more applications2 will be given priority seeding for the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C. These 1,500 developers will be determined on the following point system:

50 points for ported Android applications
    250 points for all other applications (Native, BlackBerry� WebWorks�, Adobe AIR)
    1,500 points for Built For BlackBerry certified application
    200 points to start for BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha A/B recipients
    200 points to start if you are a BlackBerry Elite Member
    To qualify, developers must first register below.

The BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C offer will run from December 1, 2012 through February 5, 2013.
    12-07-12 07:02 AM
    Ugh wtf? I've already been ready for an upgrade since August. Should I just upgrade to a Samsung Note 2? My BB Torch works perfectly.

I'm still sticking with Jan 30th until I see confirmation.
    12-07-12 07:10 AM
    Until dates are given by the carriers you can't believe anything. RIM is launching BB10 on Jan 30th. That's all they've specifically said as far as an actual date goes. Righ
    Right, so which carrier said June?

Sometimes analysts say unfounded things and Forbes quotes them.. BlackBerry 10 phone w/ QWERTY keyboard WILL BE HERE before June | CrackBerry.com
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-07-12 07:52 AM
    the information may be accurate. but its only talking about north america. rim has said before that europe will get the devices first then north america.
    so n series will prob be released before june in europe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-07-12 09:40 AM
    RIM's statement regarding the analysts predictions:
    Details of the commercial availability for BlackBerry 10 will be announced at the global launch events on January 30. Our executives have made it clear that the touch screen device will be available shortly after launch with the physical keyboard version to follow shortly after that.
    12-07-12 10:54 AM
    RIM sees BB10 devices in stores soon after launch | Reuters
    Yes, multiple times RIM has stated that a QWERTY device will be shown off at the launch event, and a few weeks after the touch screen device is released they will release the QWERTY...
    It doesn't matter. It can come out the day after the L Series or a year after....at the end of the day RIM never gave us an official date except January 30th to wait for details. So to ***** and moan and say "They should respond to this" is moronic. They don't need to acknowledge anything if they dont want to.

So should RIM respond to every rumor that goes negatively to what they say? Great logic.
    12-07-12 11:15 AM
    It doesn't matter. It can come out the day after the L Series or a year after....at the end of the day RIM never gave us an official date except January 30th to wait for details. So to ***** and moan and say "They should respond to this" is moronic. They don't need to acknowledge anything if they dont want to.

So should RIM respond to every rumor that goes negatively to what they say? Great logic.
    Sorry, when did I ever verbally attack you?
    I was just saying something that I thought would be right for RIM to do, this is a forum I can do that.
    You could also respond to me disagreeing, however, do it nicely.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-08-12 12:59 PM
    I have been waiting as everyone else who uses a keyboard phone a long time for this. I already have the 9810 for work and a 9650 for personal. if its June I will have jumped to android already, enough is enough with the Rim waiting game.I'm sure they will lose quite a few customers by then.
    12-08-12 01:23 PM
    Where on earth do you see march??? From YOUR link...
    If you actually look at the Terms and Conditions, like harshalbid271 was saying.... you would know where he's coming from. It's right above that point-system breakdown that you posted... in the terms and conditions section.

1. PROGRAM PERIOD. The Program will begin at 12:00:01 pm Eastern Time (�ET�) on December 1, 2012 and will end at 11:59:59 pm ET on February 5, 2013 (�Program Period�).

So the program to get a Dev Alpha C, ends on February 5th, 6 days after the BlackBerry 10 launch event.

2. ELIGIBILITY. Program is open to all developers developing an application for the BlackBerry 10 platform. To be eligible for a Reward, as outlined below, you must be approved as a registered BlackBerry App World Vendor (�Vendor�) and have been assigned a Vendor ID by Sponsor.

3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. To participate, you must submit at least two (2) applications (�Apps�) that have been reviewed and approved through BlackBerry App World (�BBAW�). Points will be awarded based on the number and type of Apps submitted (�Points�) as outlined in Section 5 below. To be eligible for this Program, all Apps must be submitted for approval on or before January 21, 2013 (�Submission Deadline�). Apps being submitted for Built for BlackBerry (�BFB�) approval (see Built for BlackBerry Program Agreement for complete program details) require BBAW approval in advance. Because such approval can take up to ten (10) days, Sponsor recommends that Participants submit their App to BBAW by January 11, 2013 to ensure the best chance of getting approved prior to the Submission Deadline. Sponsor will not be responsible for any delays or late submissions.

4. APP ELIGIBLITY. To be eligible, the App must (a) comply with these Official Terms and Conditions; (b) comply with the BlackBerry App World Vendor Guidelines (�Guidelines�); (c) have been approved through BBAW; and, if applicable, (d) have been approved through BFB. Eligible Apps must be an App that Sponsor believes, in its sole and absolute discretion will be in reasonable demand in BBAW. Apps will be reviewed by a representative of the Sponsor to confirm eligibility. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to the Program. You may participate by submitting as many unique Apps as you wish but duplicates are not permitted.

If an App is not approved by BBAW or BFB, Participants will be permitted to resubmit their App one (1) time to each BBAW and BFB to qualify for a Reward (�Resubmission�). All Resubmissions must be submitted by 11:59:59 pm ET on February 5, 2013. Keep in mind that BBAW approval is required to be obtained prior to submitting for BFB Approval. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. The Vendor Portal server will be the official time clock for this Program.

All approvals, whether initial submissions or Resubmissions, will be granted by March 1, 2013 (�Reward Confirmation Date�) and at this time the Sponsor will announce who is eligible for a Reward.

So those who have been approved to receive a Dev Alpha C device will be confirmed on March 1st 2013. 30 days after the BlackBerry 10 launch event.

Now, this isn't 100% proof that RIM will release the N-Series after developers get them first to create some apps... BUT, one could see how the analysts came to the assumption of a June release based off this. I hope though, that RIM doesn't wait for the devs and just releases the device anyways. The apps for the L-Series should work on the N-Series, technically. It will just be more scrolling down to see more info on a N-Series device.

N-Series not available until June?!?-l_n_seriesresolution.jpg
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-08-12 07:41 PM
    Now, this isn't 100% proof that RIM will release the N-Series after developers get them first to create some apps
    Actually it also says that the devalpha-c will be deactivated at the time of launch of actual product. So it can be said that the N-series will come after DevAlphaC.
    12-09-12 12:49 AM
    Say it ain't so
    12-12-12 12:18 AM
    Sorry, when did I ever verbally attack you?
    I was just saying something that I thought would be right for RIM to do, this is a forum I can do that.
    You could also respond to me disagreeing, however, do it nicely.
    lol

When did I say you verbally attacked me? Oh...I didn't. Change the subject more why don't you.
    12-12-12 11:46 AM
    I doubt they can. They haven't been able to stop the leaks in the past and no company wants leaks of IP.
    They might. Most of the recent leaks of the L series were from Asia. Since the N-series had a hardware keyboard that is set to QWERTY, I think it is only launching in select markets, with few enough carriers that RIM can keep a closer hold on leaks.
    12-12-12 12:01 PM
    Maybe I am wrong but the N is pretty much the same software as the L with a different keyboard input method. How much more testing does the carrier have to do ?
    I am no expert but I just wonder if when L is approved N will just follow without additional testing as far as the carriers are concerned.
    12-12-12 04:23 PM
    The Alpha C's being sent out should be a LOT closer to the devices launch that the original Dev Alphas. The Alpha C's will be to give app developers a chance to work with the different sized screen and the hardware keyboard, that's all, unlike the Alphas and Alpha Bs which needed a lot more time in the field so people had the time to learn to develop for BB10. I see the Alpha Cs getting into people's hands a few weeks before launch; enough time for devs to tweak their apps. I can't imagine any app that you can ONLY make on a qwerty device, and anyone who is a keen blackberry developer is already doing that.

Basically... don't be suckered in by the Alpha Cs.

My guess for the N-series is the last week of March. For any other company it'd be a three month break between new devices, but I think RIM know they need to be on an accelerated timetable. At the same time, they need to give the L-series some time in the sun. They are trying to make the point that they aren't exclusively into making keyboarded devices, and that they can compete with android and iOs in the fullscreen arena. So the L-series needs a couple of months sitting out there being the only BB10 device while they push the marketing. The new face of blackberry is the L-series. The N-series is just for us: hardcore fans who would march on Waterloo with torches and pitchforks if they didn't make a qwerty version. RIM want to keep us happy of course, but the BB10 launch will make or break their future relevance, and they HAVE to carve out some of the silly, stupid consumer market and that happens by not muddying the waters with a device that doesn't look too far removed from basically everything they have every done before.
    12-16-12 03:16 AM
    Maybe I am wrong but the N is pretty much the same software as the L with a different keyboard input method. How much more testing does the carrier have to do ?
    I am no expert but I just wonder if when L is approved N will just follow without additional testing as far as the carriers are concerned.
    Nope, it doesn't work like that with carriers because the change in form factor can have a drastic impact on radio performance so the n-series device will have to be submitted on its own, although obviously you would hope that issues fixed during l-series testing will be avoided on this device and it should be passed quicker.
    12-16-12 06:58 AM
    They might. Most of the recent leaks of the L series were from Asia. Since the N-series had a hardware keyboard that is set to QWERTY, I think it is only launching in select markets, with few enough carriers that RIM can keep a closer hold on leaks.
    Calling it a qwerty device is merely shorthand for physical keyboard device, they will also have a lot of variants for other regions.
    12-16-12 06:59 AM
    The Alpha C's being sent out should be a LOT closer to the devices launch that the original Dev Alphas. The Alpha C's will be to give app developers a chance to work with the different sized screen and the hardware keyboard, that's all, unlike the Alphas and Alpha Bs which needed a lot more time in the field so people had the time to learn to develop for BB10. I see the Alpha Cs getting into people's hands a few weeks before launch; enough time for devs to tweak their apps. I can't imagine any app that you can ONLY make on a qwerty device, and anyone who is a keen blackberry developer is already doing that.

Basically... don't be suckered in by the Alpha Cs.
    I think you are dead right about them only being intended for tweaking apps and when they go out in their disguised casing I think we can be pretty sure that they will be final hardware going out around the time it is going into the carrier labs for final testing.

My guess for the N-series is the last week of March. For any other company it'd be a three month break between new devices, but I think RIM know they need to be on an accelerated timetable. At the same time, they need to give the L-series some time in the sun. They are trying to make the point that they aren't exclusively into making keyboarded devices, and that they can compete with android and iOs in the fullscreen arena. So the L-series needs a couple of months sitting out there being the only BB10 device while they push the marketing. The new face of blackberry is the L-series. The N-series is just for us: hardcore fans who would march on Waterloo with torches and pitchforks if they didn't make a qwerty version. RIM want to keep us happy of course, but the BB10 launch will make or break their future relevance, and they HAVE to carve out some of the silly, stupid consumer market and that happens by not muddying the waters with a device that doesn't look too far removed from basically everything they have every done before.
    The end of march might be a little later than they intend, as it stretches the shortly after the release of l-series comment a little much and would be a good excuse for those who still want to write negatively to pounce on them, but other than that the basic timeframe does seem to make sense as the majority of the n-series launch sales would be taking place in the quarter after those of the l-series which is going to be helpful for them to be able to show that they are continuing to move forward through the early days of bb10 and to be honest I would not be at all surprised if we didn't see the first lower priced bb10 device coming out around June/July to give a similar bump to the quarter after that as Rim seek to demonstrate how they have changed and their ability to keep delivering new product.
    12-16-12 07:09 AM
    Calling it a qwerty device is merely shorthand for physical keyboard device, they will also have a lot of variants for other regions.
    They would still have to create other keyboards for other districts, and not all languages translate was well to a physical keyboard as a virtual keyboard.
    12-16-12 12:39 PM
51 123