... and L-Series not available until March?!?

RIMM: No QWERTY BB10 Device Until June, Analyst Says - Forbes

The article doesn't say where the analyst is getting his information, but if true, there are going to be a lot of disappointed crackberry users come February 1st. I don't know if RIM publicly promised anything would be available to the public on February 1st, but that seems to be the expectation (at least it was my expectation).
    12-06-12 02:52 PM
    This is not what RIM has said.
    12-06-12 02:53 PM
    ... and L-Series not available until March?!?

RIMM: No QWERTY BB10 Device Until June, Analyst Says - Forbes

The article doesn't say where the analyst is getting his information, but if true, there are going to be a lot of disappointed crackberry users come February 1st. I don't know if RIM publicly promised anything would be available to the public on February 1st, but that seems to be the expectation (at least it was my expectation).
    It's a no-name research firm. Having said that, the N-series is clearly not in carrier trials yet (or else we would've seen leaks by now).
    12-06-12 03:07 PM
    Have they confirmed otherwise though? I've been holding out for BB-10 to replace my aging 9700. I don't think I can wait until June
    12-06-12 03:08 PM
    Rim have previously stated that the qwerty would follow shortly after the touch-only model, it was never expected to be immediately available after the launch announcement, although that June guess does seem rather excessively negative.
    12-06-12 03:11 PM
    N series will most likely be behind L in the launch. They haven't even begun allowing devs to get apps ready for it although this is coming very soon. I think Rim is gonna put all efforts behind L and N will come along for the keyboard faithful. Will it take until June? I very much doubt that.
    bigjman likes this.
    12-06-12 03:29 PM
    RIM is past the time of lying, imo, RIM should respond to this as it is going to make a bad name of their company.
    12-06-12 03:52 PM
    It's a no-name research firm. Having said that, the N-series is clearly not in carrier trials yet (or else we would've seen leaks by now).
    That is definitely not true, RIM might have made sure none of the carriers leaked it somehow...
    12-06-12 03:54 PM
    even of the L-Series isn't out till march, its till within the Q1 target. And there's no evidence about the n-series in june. all this is another attempt by some greedy analyst to work the RIMM stock. And a lot of people fall for it.
    12-06-12 04:32 PM
    and MAY 2012 for Verizon.......I certainly hope this is not true.
    eyhab27 likes this.
    12-06-12 04:57 PM
    Not saying it is true. But I have always had this nagging feeling that RIM would never have devices out until around the time of BlackBerry World. Isn't that some time in April?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 05:07 PM
    someone with a twitter account ask BlackBerry directly!
    12-06-12 05:32 PM
    That is definitely not true, RIM might have made sure none of the carriers leaked it somehow...
    I doubt they can. They haven't been able to stop the leaks in the past and no company wants leaks of IP.
    12-06-12 06:01 PM
    Assuming the L-Series is released February, how long would it be from "Dev alpha" to "release"? The N-Series hasn't gone dev alpha yet ... nor carrier testing .. I was a bit concerned as well.

The May release of the L-Series for Verizon seems off though.

When did Thor say the N-Series was going to be released? I thought it was a few month off L-Series?

If this is true, it will be a serious blow to the Crackberry nation.
    Last edited by md03wx; 12-06-12 at 06:45 PM.
    12-06-12 06:33 PM
    RIM is past the time of lying, imo, RIM should respond to this as it is going to make a bad name of their company.
    lolwut?

RIM doesn't need to respond at all considering RIM never said when the N-Series would come out. Jeeze....some people.
    12-06-12 06:42 PM
    and MAY 2012 for Verizon.......I certainly hope this is not true.
    Say its isn't true....
    12-06-12 06:52 PM
    Assuming the L-Series is released February, how long would it be from "Dev alpha" to "release"? The N-Series hasn't gone dev alpha yet ... nor carrier testing .. I was a bit concerned as well.

The May release of the L-Series for Verizon seems off though.

When did Thor say the N-Series was going to be released? I thought it was a few month off L-Series?

If this is true, it will be a serious blow to the Crackberry nation.
    lolwut?

RIM doesn't need to respond at all considering RIM never said when the N-Series would come out. Jeeze....some people.
    RIM has said it initially plans to roll out a high-end touchscreen version of the device. Phones with the mini QWERTY keyboards that many long-time BlackBerry users adore will come a few weeks later, while lower-end versions of both devices will be launched later in the year.
    RIM sees BB10 devices in stores soon after launch | Reuters
    Yes, multiple times RIM has stated that a QWERTY device will be shown off at the launch event, and a few weeks after the touch screen device is released they will release the QWERTY...
    westiewanderer likes this.
    12-06-12 07:00 PM
    RIM sees BB10 devices in stores soon after launch | Reuters
    Yes, multiple times RIM has stated that a QWERTY device will be shown off at the launch event, and a few weeks after the touch screen device is released they will release the QWERTY...
    in a gazillion taped interviews in numerous media RIM simply stated the phones would be there really soon, certainly not months, so who are we going to believe?
    if you take the effort you can locate numerous RIM interviews contradicting this analyst, fwiw
    12-06-12 07:16 PM
    I've read quotes off of CB a couple of times from reps from rim that the L series would be released shortly after unveiling and the n series with in weeks. what shortly after means is the question. If it is 3 months after Im definitely going to have to go with something else and revisit bb10 at a later date. i hope they get it out ASAP! Come on thor crack the wipe. :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 07:24 PM
    Listening to Thors10, there is definitely something going on. He was very clear that there would be "products" shown but wouldn't comment too much passed the full touch device.

It starts at around the 10:40 mark.

The Engadget Interview: RIM CEO Thorsten Heins on BlackBerry 10, QWERTY keyboards and changing cultures (video)
    12-06-12 07:24 PM
    Listening to Thors10, there is definitely something going on. He was very clear that there would be "products" shown but wouldn't comment too much passed the full touch device.

It starts at around the 10:40 mark.

The Engadget Interview: RIM CEO Thorsten Heins on BlackBerry 10, QWERTY keyboards and changing cultures (video)
    I thought the same thing .. there is definitely something going on. Even if you listen to the way he says QWERTY users will stay QWERTY users ... as if they don't have to worry about a later launch because they still stick with the QWERTY .. I don't know if that is necessarily true.
    12-06-12 07:41 PM
    I highly doubt this.
    12-06-12 07:46 PM
    I say Feb. for L and March for N. That would give the same time frame as the L series has had for it's prep.
    12-06-12 09:29 PM
    I hope it's sooner l like feb or march. But rim does usually release phones right Around June and Sep, October. So wouldn't surprise me one bit. They are focusing on the L series entirely, mainly because they are finally listening to the consumer and there needs and wants.

As long as L series comes out shortly after launch event they will be fine. Rim has been rebounding in the stocks and many are praising where rim is finally going. They have things finely under control.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-06-12 09:59 PM
    I've been told that we should expect the qwerty keyboard model to be out weeks after the all touch device.

Also that the are going to be producing 6 models. 3 all touch and 3 qwerty.... High end, mid level and entry level
    bigjman likes this.
    12-06-12 10:15 PM
51 123