ok, we both want to use our phone like a phone is normally used... what should we do? praying?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:43 PM
    ok, we both want to use our phone like a phone is normally used... what should we do? praying?

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I think BlackBerry just needs to realize the algorithm for brightness ain't working for some users so why not just put in a toggle for those customers.
    05-23-13 03:19 PM
    Anybody who works outdoors in bright conditions will be very disappointed with the screen performance. It is practically unusable in bright sunshine. I know I've left a series of negative posts about the Q10, but there are some absolutely crazy interface oversites in the development of this phone. Yes, the keyboard, hub and overall speed are exceptional, but the rest is poor in my opinion - especially the visual design of the primary apps for the working environment. Try setting up a reoccurring diary date - a slow and error prone experience.

As a photographer I'm often working on location in bright conditions so the poor outdoor screen performance is a serious issue for me. When combined with a poor use of screen realestate on the Q I'm often left wondering whether this phone was ever tested by real working people. In contrast my old 9900 was exceptional outdoors.

I'm totally into the BlackBerry thing, or at least I was. The Q in theory is the perfect phone, but in reality it does not cut it as a serious working tool because the UI was never designed exclusively for the Q. It is a compromise. Sorry.
    Last edited by marcusperkins; 05-23-13 at 03:50 PM.
    scorpiogb and kolok like this.
    05-23-13 03:28 PM
    I think a lot of the software and UI issues of the Q10 will be worked out over the coming months to year but the screen I don't think can be fixed other than to stop an already dim screen to turn ridiculously dim in the dark by stopping the auto correction. Oddly my outdoor experience has been as bad as yours. It's obviously not as good as almost every other phone in the market but the real issue is indoors for me. Maybe my eyes will adjust.
    05-23-13 03:52 PM
    It was a main factor for my decision to return it. I have to look at that screen every day, numerous times a day. I need it my way. I want it bright and sharp. The sharpness was there, no doubt. The brightness, or lack thereof was disappointing. 'Fixed auto brightness'??? Not for me.
    Naturally there were other reasons. It's a personal decision for each one of us, c'est la vie.
    05-23-13 06:55 PM
    It was a main factor for my decision to return it. I have to look at that screen every day, numerous times a day. I need it my way. I want it bright and sharp. The sharpness was there, no doubt. The brightness, or lack thereof was disappointing. 'Fixed auto brightness'??? Not for me.
    Naturally there were other reasons. It's a personal decision for each one of us, c'est la vie.
    I hear you. Sure it's great to have battery life but not at the cost of this dimness IMO.
    05-23-13 07:04 PM
    Ah, now I unterstand it. If you can't see anything on the screen outside you don't use the phone. That's the best battery saving technology... Clever!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:04 AM
    I agree - the screen's dimmer than I'd like.
    Even the ****ty phone that I retired (a Motorola Droid) had a brighter screen.

There better be an update to DISABLE auto-brightness on the Q10 - it's an awesome phone aside from that.
    06-21-13 08:12 AM
33 12