Hi y'all....new to the forums, but long time forum reader here. I've never been compelled to really post before, but I'm throwing my hat in the ring here, as I'm getting annoyed with the prevalence of "I'm returning my Z10 etc. etc...". So, I thought I'd preach to some of the converted and give the TWO biggest reasons why I'm switching from my iPhone 5 to the Q10...both of which are not wholly different from why others probably want the phone either. AND...it's not just the keyboard. Let me start by saying that I do not dislike my iPhone 5...it's a perfectly fine phone. Does what it's supposed to do, when I ask it. But, I have reasons, and they are....
    1. CALL QUALITY......sorry for caps, but I'm so passionate about this. I feel it's something that seemingly every review, every cell owner fails to realize is of optimum importance to some of us. I read, just today, the cnet review for the Q10 which raves about call quality. This has me uber-stoked about the Q10. My iPhone 5 is not bad per se, but it's nowhere near the quality of my old Bold 9650. Again, not telling this forum anything they haven't heard...I need the Q10 for communication, not play.
    2. This one is more obvious....BATTERY LIFE. I squeeze out a day of pretty heavy usage on my iPhone 5, however, I also play in a band. A lot of days, when I get off work, it's straight from work to the bar to set up. I need more than one day to be honest. If I'm leaving the house at 7AM, and not getting home sometimes until 4AM the next morning...I need more. Plus...the cnet review, unlike the engadget review tested the Q to over 14 hours. I'll take their word over engadget any day of the week. Plus, I think just by reading specs you can tell it's going to last a bit longer than the behemoth phones.

Finally, I'd note that I don't think I have ever used more than 3 apps on my iPhone. In turn, I just feel like it's underused with me. Does that make the iPhone better than the Q10? For some it does....but, not for ME. So....when Verizon puts this puppy in the window, I'm buying. I can't wait.
    04-24-13 09:33 AM
    Thanks for your input! Looking forward to reading more form you and welcome to the family!
    tanknitrous likes this.
    04-24-13 09:41 AM
    I switched to Z10 from iPhone and have never looked back so I believe you will be very happy with your choice.
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    04-24-13 09:50 AM
    I switched to Z10 from iPhone and have never looked back so I believe you will be very happy with your choice.
    -Did you have an iPhone 5 Sadie? Just curious.
    04-24-13 09:53 AM
    -Did you have an iPhone 5 Sadie? Just curious.
    Yes I did, it is a good phone, but I have not missed it a day since it left my appartement.
    04-24-13 09:55 AM
    Yes I did, it is a good phone, but I have not missed it a day since it left my appartement.
    Cool. I'm really looking forward to getting the Q10 in my grubby little hands.
    04-24-13 09:59 AM
    Cool. I'm really looking forward to getting the Q10 in my grubby little hands.
    He, he, he, I understand that.
    04-24-13 10:01 AM
    Hi y'all....new to the forums, but long time forum reader here. I've never been compelled to really post before, but I'm throwing my hat in the ring here, as I'm getting annoyed with the prevalence of "I'm returning my Z10 etc. etc...". So, I thought I'd preach to some of the converted and give the TWO biggest reasons why I'm switching from my iPhone 5 to the Q10...both of which are not wholly different from why others probably want the phone either. AND...it's not just the keyboard. Let me start by saying that I do not dislike my iPhone 5...it's a perfectly fine phone. Does what it's supposed to do, when I ask it. But, I have reasons, and they are....
    1. CALL QUALITY......sorry for caps, but I'm so passionate about this. I feel it's something that seemingly every review, every cell owner fails to realize is of optimum importance to some of us. I read, just today, the cnet review for the Q10 which raves about call quality. This has me uber-stoked about the Q10. My iPhone 5 is not bad per se, but it's nowhere near the quality of my old Bold 9650. Again, not telling this forum anything they haven't heard...I need the Q10 for communication, not play.
    2. This one is more obvious....BATTERY LIFE. I squeeze out a day of pretty heavy usage on my iPhone 5, however, I also play in a band. A lot of days, when I get off work, it's straight from work to the bar to set up. I need more than one day to be honest. If I'm leaving the house at 7AM, and not getting home sometimes until 4AM the next morning...I need more. Plus...the cnet review, unlike the engadget review tested the Q to over 14 hours. I'll take their word over engadget any day of the week. Plus, I think just by reading specs you can tell it's going to last a bit longer than the behemoth phones.

Finally, I'd note that I don't think I have ever used more than 3 apps on my iPhone. In turn, I just feel like it's underused with me. Does that make the iPhone better than the Q10? For some it does....but, not for ME. So....when Verizon puts this puppy in the window, I'm buying. I can't wait.
    Hmm the battery life actually deters me from buying thr q10. I was expecting about 1 week of battery life for regular use, considering the size of battery vs screen.

And apps are actually the reason my z10 is collecting dust in the closet. Id rather use my s3 and use an old 9700 for dedicated bbm-ing.

PS: cant wait to get my htc one / s4

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-13 10:04 AM
    What about the keyboard? That is huge for me!
    04-24-13 10:27 AM
    What about the keyboard? That is huge for me!
    Yes! That's another very big reason...but, didn't mention it as I feel it goes without saying that someone would buy the Q10 because of the keyboard.
    04-24-13 12:49 PM
    For battery life I have my tricks. Go old school and turn off the data. That keeps everything simple. I'm keeping my iPhone 5 cause my job can give me down time. I can't talk but on silent I can text away. So having my iPhone for the apps will help. The daily driver hands down is the Q10. Just thinking about texting, posting etc has me on 10 and thirsty for AT&T to release it. So I will sell one of my iPhone 5's come next week and have my money ready for the Q10. #Impatientlywaiting
    04-24-13 02:00 PM
    I also switched from the i5 to the Z10. Like you, I just never seemed to utilize the apps I had on my phone, and I also greatly prefer the ergonomics of the Z10 and the more substantial/solid feel of the phone.
    04-24-13 02:16 PM
    Well another reason 10>5

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 02:26 PM
    Thanks for your input OP. The q10 has a bigger battery than the z10 so I think you will be happy with the battery life. You can also buy a spare battery / charger pack and swap out the battery if you need to. This isn't an expensive accessory, it's like 30 bucks.

Iphones are good and if I didn't use the z10 I would use an iphone, but I just don't get why they don't give it nfc, removable battery, hdmi port, micro sd card, and other things that you get with the z10 or most other high end smartphones. From the demographic around here at least, iphone 5 kind of seems like a girly texting accessory

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:26 PM
    I also believe Cnet, read their review on iPhone 5 reception and call quality:
    "Voice quality
    Now here's something that should make iPhone sticklers sit up and take notice: the iPhone 5 actually tries to make strides at being a better phone. And it succeeds.
    Apple discussed "wideband audio" technology at the iPhone unveiling, but that's carrier-dependent, and right now none of the U.S. carriers of the iPhone 5 will support it. The more important audio improvement comes in the way of a third microphone, which aims to improve voice quality and, in particular, speakerphone quality, adding improved noise cancellation. In my tests, it was a definitive success: callers I reached via speakerphone noticed a crisper, clearer call on the iPhone 5 versus on the iPhone 4S. (The voice sample below is of the iPhone 5 being held to my ear.)
    iPhone 5 on AT&T call quality sample Listen now:
    I didn't experience any dropped calls over my time testing in the New York area, and based on responses from callers on the other end, it looks like call quality is generally improved via better microphone tech."
    So it seems to me iPhone reception and call quality is as good or better than the Q10. If I listen to the samples I prefer the sample of the iPhone 5. This does not mean I don't like the Q10, because I love the keyboard and the quality, but I also have many professional apps that BB10 is lacking at this moment.
    06-23-13 01:44 PM
    I could not agree more. All the same reasons here.
    06-23-13 01:49 PM
    I have an iPhone 5 and a Q10. Actually like the way OS10 works on the BlackBerry more than iOS by a fair amount. As a messaging device I also prefer the BlackBerry. Battery life considerably better even comparing the BlackBerry with push on and on the iPhone set to not push. Really. And there isn't a phone on earth for any moderately busy human that can get much more than one full day, let alone a week (I know the old Bold could) but not a phone with a modern OS running touchscreen.

The iPhone is better at browsing, instagram, and videos than the Q10, but those aren't for work anyway. If I had to choose between the two, and I don't, it would be the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 03:28 PM