I was a little glad when the trackpad left. My first 9900 had an issue where in sunlight it would randomly scroll up, making texting/typing impossible during the summer at the pool or outside. Even on cloudy days it would scroll! AT&T almost didn't even replace it...

It's less things that can go wrong.

The only times I miss it are with text selection and correcting mistakes, but that can be improved with software updates. I've actually gotten pretty good with the little circle!

However, I'm all for a bigger screen, and in that department, this concept delivers.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    That was a quality control issue not really a trackpad issue, the 9700,9780 etc never had problems in sunlight.
    01-16-14 01:52 AM
    You are suggesting the trackpad and buttons are more important than larger keys on the keyboard, or screen size. I know that would would rather use that space on key size more than buttons.

Posted via CB10
    We typed like mofos on the 9700 series, or the 8300s series, I'd prefer smaller keys just to get the trackpad and buttons back.
    01-16-14 01:54 AM
    The trackpad days are over people, move forward. I see where you're going with it but for me it's too similar to the 9900. I want to see a Q10 type device with a taller edge to edge display (4" maybe?") and maybe a thinner profile. I think the increased display size is key for a Q10 successor.
    If we demand the supply might come.......eventually.

I say never give up requesting the trackpad back.
    01-16-14 01:56 AM
    As much as I liked the track pad for selecting text and for clicking small links on websites, I just don't see the new OS working right with the track pad. Everything seems tailored for using gestures, I think it would be a whole lot of trouble to rework the OS just for those two functions. I do miss the hardware answer and hang up buttons though...
    01-16-14 02:09 AM
    As much as I liked the track pad for selecting text and for clicking small links on websites, I just don't see the new OS working right with the track pad. Everything seems tailored for using gestures, I think it would be a whole lot of trouble to rework the OS just for those two functions. I do miss the hardware answer and hang up buttons though...
    That's the thing, the trackpad doesn't have to replace gestures, they can both coexist.

The OS doesn't need to be reworked, it already accepts a mouse and puts a cursor on screen.
    01-16-14 02:23 AM
    Just an observation:
    The spacing between the frets seems uneven from the mid to the outside? Is this an optical illusion or to the keys gradually get taller as they go to the edge?

Is the screen/phone larger than the Q10?

Cores....how many cores..it needs at least 16 to be considered relevant in 2014, even if 14 are not used

Buttons?? really?
    Hahahaahahaha +1, and make a 2160 by 2160 pixel display!!!, and while you're at it, add 4 gb ram, 512gb of storage, and a 6000 mAh battery!

Buttons are gonna be clunky cause we will swipe up at least 200 times a day.
    01-16-14 02:35 AM
    Hahahaahahaha +1, and make a 2160 by 2160 pixel display!!!, and while you're at it, add 4 gb ram, 512gb of storage, and a 6000 mAh battery!

Buttons are gonna be clunky cause we will swipe up at least 200 times a day.
    Not if you put a shortcut on a button to take care of that, say the space bar?
    01-16-14 02:52 AM
    Regarding the pressing Shift to select, it works very very well on the Q10. Basically, it eliminates one of the persistent annoyances of text selection on a touch screen, namely the painstaking act of placing two markers.

However, on a Q10 with 10.2.1, you can simple put your cursor down where you want, hold down the Shift Key, and drag the selection area with one finger. As implemented, it seems much more robust than dragging two little markers to the desired locations. I have to admit that this method with the Shift Key does approach the robustness of the trackpad.

And, of course, yaay! for 10.2.1.1925 .
    01-16-14 04:00 AM
    Regarding the pressing Shift to select, it works very very well on the Q10. Basically, it eliminates one of the persistent annoyances of text selection on a touch screen, namely the painstaking act of placing two markers.

However, on a Q10 with 10.2.1, you can simple put your cursor down where you want, hold down the Shift Key, and drag the selection area with one finger. As implemented, it seems much more robust than dragging two little markers to the desired locations. I have to admit that this method with the Shift Key does approach the robustness of the trackpad.

And, of course, yaay! for 10.2.1.1925 .
    While it's a step forward it's still a long way from a real trackpad.

1. You still have to accurately place the cursor where you want the selection to start, much much easier on a trackpad

2. You don't have the copy and paste shortcuts anymore that required a press on the trackpad

3. You still have to accurately place the cursor where you want to paste, which again, was much easier with a trackpad, especially is you want to insert it mid sentence.

4. You can't do this while wearing gloves.

Edit

5. You didn't have to hold shift, all you had to do is press it for the selection to start.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 01-16-14 at 05:04 AM.
    01-16-14 04:54 AM
    God. That'll be a dream come true. Bring back the applications shortcuts and speed dials back to the keyboard too and I would live in happiness for eternity. HEAVEN....................if only
    01-16-14 05:20 AM
    Imagine:

P- peek
    H- hub
    Space bar- flick up to home screen

Etc
    01-16-14 05:36 AM
    Speed dial is back already...

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    01-16-14 06:06 AM
    Speed dial is back already...

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    It's not actually.
    01-16-14 06:11 AM
    Thank GOD this will never make it anywhere!

It's a backwards step. There's a reason they've created gestures and flow.

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    anon(8263181) and beamolite like this.
    01-16-14 06:35 AM
    Thank GOD this will never make it anywhere!

It's a backwards step. There's a reason they've created gestures and flow.

Gestures and flow that very few people like.
    01-16-14 06:36 AM
    Gestures and flow that very few people like.
    According to?

beamolite likes this.
    01-16-14 06:42 AM
    According to?

Sales figures.
    01-16-14 06:44 AM
    Sales figures.
    U mean the difference in sales between BBOS and BB10?

01-16-14 06:51 AM
    U mean the difference in sales between BBOS and BB10?

No, difference in sales between BB10 and the competition.
    01-16-14 06:55 AM
    No, difference in sales between BB10 and the competition.
    I think there's different aspects than the old trackpad and buttons that factor into people's decisions to use other devices.

01-16-14 07:01 AM
    I think there's different aspects than the old trackpad and buttons that factor into people's decisions to use other devices.

True, but the top row of buttons was a big BB differentiator and it made BB People very efficient.

Call button alone was worth it, you didn't have to exit to home screen to access it, out if any app straight to your call list, and I'm mean straight as in an instant.

Regarding gestures, I find it very hard on the thumb, think how much more you have to move it compared to on a trackpad, I wonder if anybody calculated the distance in a day, must add up to a few hundred meters at least lol.
    01-16-14 07:25 AM
    What a totally misleading title.....
    01-16-14 07:46 AM
    I think it's time to get over the trackpad! If it means so much to you don't upgrade stay with what makes you happy. I'm happy with my Q10 don't miss the trackpad at all maybe if it was 1999 but not here in 2014! Q10 Rocks

Posted via CB10
    akabbani and beamolite like this.
    01-16-14 08:04 AM
    As one of those who prefers the trackpad and hard buttons, I like it! At least as long as they can get around any of the problems mentioned regarding swiping from the bottom bezel.
    Why do you want to be able to swipe up if you have the back button and the end buttons?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:09 AM
    Why do you want to be able to swipe up if you have the back button and the end buttons?

Posted via CB10
    Lol, true, I forgot the end call button was the "home" button. No need to swipe.
    01-16-14 08:17 AM
104 12345