My wonderful and beloved Q10 has started to act up real bad in the past couple of weeks and it's getting worse.
    Very often it freezes while I am writing a message, or surfing the net.
    The Search feature on the HUB is not consistent, and very often doesn't find the contact or message I'm looking for.
    Today and yesterday I had to reboot it because the screen was completely frozen and, after waiting about 5 minutes, I still couldn't use it.

I thought the problem was the space in the device, so I moved everything I had into my SD card...but still same problem.
    I looked for Software Update with no success.

I'm sad cause I love this phone, but I think I will move to the Q20 aka Classic. I'm going to miss this phone so bad!!!
    05-16-16 10:23 PM
    I would just reload your OS with Link. Start fresh and it should be fine.
    bbnrs likes this.
    05-16-16 10:24 PM
    Thank you for the advice.

Can you tell me how to do it? Also, would I lose information?
    05-16-16 10:37 PM
    Had the same issues after using the q10 for two years, I guess everything dies even machines.

But the classic made me forget my q10. It's much better in every aspect, screen wise battery wise keyboard wise etc!
    You will love the classic am sure.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 10:46 PM
    Had the same issues after using the q10 for two years, I guess everything dies even machines.

But the classic made me forget my q10. It's much better in every aspect, screen wise battery wise keyboard wise etc!
    You will love the classic am sure.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your response.
    I guess as a woman I get very sentimental with my things

How did you manage moving all your data from the Q10 to the Classic?
    Also, were you able to restore the apps that you had previously bought and use them on the new device?
    05-16-16 10:52 PM
    Thank you for the advice.

Can you tell me how to do it? Also, would I lose information?
    Just attach your Q10 to a PC and reload your OS using Blackberry Link desktop software. If you have a PC or Mac but don't have Blackberry Link installed you can get it here: BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - United States

You can back up your Q10 using Blackberry Link and restore your information but I would not do that--you may just re-introduce all your problems. Start clean with a new system restore.
    05-16-16 10:57 PM
    Just attach your Q10 to a PC and reload your OS using Blackberry Link desktop software. If you have a PC or Mac but don't have Blackberry Link installed you can get it here: BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - United States

You can back up your Q10 using Blackberry Link and restore your information but I would not do that--you may just re-introduce all your problems. Start clean with a new system restore.
    Thank you!
    I do have the Link app and usually backup pictures and music.
    But what about the apps? Will I be able to restore them?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 11:02 PM
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, all your BB apps are available once you re-enter your BB id and go into Blackberry World/tap the 3 horizontal lines bottom left/tap My World/tap My Apps and Games/tap Available. All your apps are listed there and you can reinstall. Same with any android apps you have from Amazon App store (if any).
    05-16-16 11:09 PM
    There is an app in Blackberry World that can move data between devices called Device Switch. It works very well.
    05-16-16 11:13 PM
    There is an app in Blackberry World that can move data between devices called Device Switch. It works very well.
    That's great news!!
    Thank you so much!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 11:27 PM
    That's great news!!
    Thank you so much!

Posted via CB10
    No problem and good luck whichever way you choose
    05-16-16 11:29 PM

Also, were you able to restore the apps that you had previously bought and use them on the new device?
    I downloaded an app called device switch on my q10 and classic, connected to same WiFi and boom all done.

Also yeah you can restore the apps you previously bought just when you use the classic for the 1st time sign in with the same BlackBerry id you had on your q10 and they will restore

Have a good day!

Posted via CB10
    irenejazz likes this.
    05-18-16 05:30 PM
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Hey actually u can use the "full backup" in BlackBerry link. That will backup everything even ur android apps on q10. Tried before, work flawless.

Posted via CB10
    irenejazz likes this.
    05-18-16 07:31 PM
    Hey actually u can use the "full backup" in BlackBerry link. That will backup everything even ur android apps on q10. Tried before, work flawless.

Posted via CB10
    Probably not a great idea since she is trying to solve her freezing and lagging issues. By doing that you will probably just re-introduce all your problems.
    05-18-16 07:35 PM

Their solution to BlackBerry's bad performance is always : 'buy the next one, it's better..... at least I think so.'
    05-18-16 08:12 PM
    Their solution to BlackBerry's bad performance is always : 'buy the next one, it's better..... at least I think so.'
    Actually, since I'm trying to convert my father from the Bold to a 10 I was thinking that getting myself a Classic and giving him a clear Q10 could be a good compromise.
    If cleaning the phone as suggested works this would be the ideal situation. Although, I got to be honest, I still like the Q10 better because it's a lighter phone and I have small hands
    I don't usually pass to the next phone easily for the fact that I am really sentimental with things. It took me about 8 years to get rid of my Bold...and I did it exclusively because it was literally falling apart LOL
    05-18-16 09:35 PM
    Yes, all your BB apps are available once you re-enter your BB id and go into Blackberry World/tap the 3 horizontal lines bottom left/tap My World/tap My Apps and Games/tap Available. All your apps are listed there and you can reinstall. Same with any android apps you have from Amazon App store (if any).
    I actually followed what you suggested but when I got to My Apps only a few were listed.
    What could it be? I double checked that the ID was the same...
    05-18-16 09:37 PM
    I actually followed what you suggested but when I got to My Apps only a few were listed.
    What could it be? I double checked that the ID was the same...
    Is it possible that some of the other apps are no longer available? Try searching for them.
    05-18-16 09:50 PM
    Is it possible that some of the other apps are no longer available? Try searching for them.
    To clarify, most of them don't show up and some I just downloaded in the past two weeks...
    05-18-16 10:20 PM
    UPDATE:

I love this two phones SO much and equally for different reasons that I cannot give up on one of the two LOL
    I will give my dad a Torch that I have to get him used to the touch screen...but I'm keeping both with two different sims.

I don't know how someone could not love either of them!!!
    05-22-16 04:25 PM
    My wonderful and beloved Q10 has started to act up real bad in the past couple of weeks and it's getting worse.
    Very often it freezes while I am writing a message, or surfing the net.
    The Search feature on the HUB is not consistent, and very often doesn't find the contact or message I'm looking for.
    Today and yesterday I had to reboot it because the screen was completely frozen and, after waiting about 5 minutes, I still couldn't use it.

I thought the problem was the space in the device, so I moved everything I had into my SD card...but still same problem.
    I looked for Software Update with no success.

I'm sad cause I love this phone, but I think I will move to the Q20 aka Classic. I'm going to miss this phone so bad!!!
    Buy another Q10 ! They're getting cheaper by the day, and you should get another couple of years out of it. A Classic would be a down grade. Good luck.
    bbnrs likes this.
    05-23-16 02:07 AM
    The Q10 represents balance of design, physical keyboard and changeable batteries. I can carry the Q10 easily in clothing and otherwise. The Classic for me is too large for that use. You should be successful in downloading the "OS." As recommended on the "Link" when your BB is not operating up to par! Have done several times with good results.
    05-23-16 11:32 AM
    Looks like a new phone for you, classic would be a nice upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 06:14 AM
    The Q10 represents balance of design, physical keyboard and changeable batteries. I can carry the Q10 easily in clothing and otherwise. The Classic for me is too large for that use. You should be successful in downloading the "OS." As recommended on the "Link" when your BB is not operating up to par! Have done several times with good results.
    Thank you.
    I'm really trying to understand how to do it properly. Where can I find detailed instructions

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 03:19 AM
    Looks like a new phone for you, classic would be a nice upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    The Classic is not an upgrade from a Q10. It is the same with the Tool Belt and a non removable battery.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    bbnrs likes this.
    06-01-16 06:36 AM
39 12