If I accidentally drop handset from a low height with one side in contact with desk the phone resets.

What is odd when phone re boots and is loading up if I replicate drop it does not reboot but once it's loaded up and OS is live and active I deliberately replicate the drop and it resets again.

Is this OS fault or Q10 I am undecided.

Thoughts or similar experiences anyone?

Q10 - 10.3.1.1151
    11-22-14 12:49 PM
    If I accidentally drop handset from a low height with one side in contact with desk the phone resets.

What is odd when phone re boots and is loading up if I replicate drop it does not reboot but once it's loaded up and OS is live and active I deliberately replicate the drop and it resets again.

Q10 - 10.3.1.1151
    First off, no one should ever intentionally drop their own device and expect it to still work flawlessly. Since the Q10 has a removable battery, the drop probably knock off the electrical connections between the battery and the device.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    11-22-14 01:02 PM
    Some Q10s has problems with loose battery. Solution? Piece of paper between next to battery or third-party one.

Posted via CB10
    andysan1971 likes this.
    11-22-14 01:07 PM
    if I replicate drop
    lol...sorry, no similar experience now or in the future i hope
    11-22-14 08:37 PM
    I played air hockey with my Q-10, and now it doesn't work properly. What should I do?

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 likes this.
    11-22-14 09:14 PM
    So I was on the landline with a customer and had my Q10 in my lap. I ended the call and forgot I had it there, so I stood up and it went flying. To my surprise, the screen cracked on the top left corner.

I was astounded. I dropped it again from the top right corner and it also shattered. Then I tried from the top.. same result.

Does anyone have a similar experience? I want to know if this is bad QC or just my luck.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 11-22-14 at 09:58 PM.
    11-22-14 09:22 PM
    When you dropped any phone there's a very big chance of rebooting simply because the battery are shaken and the contacts of the battery are disconnected.

APC via Z10
    11-22-14 09:46 PM
    So I was on the landline with a customer and had my Q10 in my lap. I ended the call and forgot I had it there, so I stood up and it went flying. To my surprise, the screen cracked on the top left corner.

I was surprised. I dropped it again from the top right corner and it also shattered. Then I tried from the top.. same result.

Does anyone have a similar experience? I want to know if this is bad QC or just my luck.
    Lol thanks! I thought I was the only one!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    11-22-14 09:57 PM
    OP is hilarious

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 01:42 AM
    i played air hockey with my q-10, and now it doesn't work properly. What should i do?

:d

posted via cb10
    lol

q10 - 10.3.1.1151
    11-23-14 03:21 AM
    U r not alone...it happens...and I firmly believe it is bcoz of OS. I too had that problem so many times...it necessarily doesnt have to be a fall...it happend to me many times I kept the phone on a flat surface or when I just casually throw (Smallest) to my bed...but it seems not there for sometime after I did my OS leak...but when I once went back to Orginal OS, it cam back again...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 05:43 AM
    Just a con of the removable battery.
    You drop it and the contact points don't align briefly and if shuts down.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 05:49 AM

Q10 - 10.3.1.1151
    As others pointed out, this has to do with the battery. There's a very thin gap between it and the battery area and the drop causes the batt to move a bit.

I've experienced this for some time until I did the 'fix' which is kinda more of a flaw for Q10 -- put a thin sheet of paper or board-paper between the batt and its holding area. That should prevent it from moving and unintentional reboots.

Posted via BB Q10
    11-23-14 06:05 AM
    As others pointed out, this has to do with the battery. There's a very thin gap between it and the battery area and the drop causes the batt to move a bit.

I've experienced this for some time until I did the 'fix' which is kinda more of a flaw for Q10 -- put a thin sheet of paper or board-paper between the batt and its holding area. That should prevent it from moving and unintentional reboots.

Posted via BB Q10
    Have implemented this fix. Cheers

Q10 - 10.3.1.1151
    11-23-14 07:50 AM
    A hard shell case helps too. Picked one up from Amazon for $5. No reboots since. Plus one of my batteries seemed "bent" compared to the original one that came with my phone. That battery causes reboots. But the case helps keep everything nice and snug.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    decoy7 likes this.
    11-23-14 08:09 AM
    A hard shell case helps too. Picked one up from Amazon for $5. No reboots since. Plus one of my batteries seemed "bent" compared to the original one that came with my phone. That battery causes reboots. But the case helps keep everything nice and snug.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    A case? Surely if you're gonna drop your phone on purpose a case defeats the purpose of the exercise lol...just kidding

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175
    11-23-14 10:35 AM
    You're dropping it wrong.

Fingers->Q10->CB10->Your Eyes.
    jas1978, jegs2 and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    11-24-14 11:56 AM
    Same thing happened to me today, but instead of the phone being dropped it was standing still on my desk. And I've seen it with my own eyes...it just rebooted itself out of nowhere.
    What a stupid feeling I had.

I possibly don't know how does this have anything with the battery cover?
    My Galaxy S5 also has the removable battery cover and it never came to this issue.
    I also find hard to believe that 500$ device needs a piece of paper to fix this...if so...so lame!

Posted via CB10 / BlackBerry Q10
    11-24-14 12:30 PM
    Same thing happened to me today, but instead of the phone being dropped it was standing still on my desk. And I've seen it with my own eyes...it just rebooted itself out of nowhere.
    What a stupid feeling I had.

I possibly don't know how does this have anything with the battery cover?
    My Galaxy S5 also has the removable battery cover and it never came to this issue.
    I also find hard to believe that 500$ device needs a piece of paper to fix this...if so...so lame!

Posted via CB10 / BlackBerry Q10
    As I have mentioned, I truly believe it is something related to software. I tried with paper, but it dint solve. When I did the software, it solved. Maybe people who got solved keeping the paper was having some other problem or maybe they dont realise phone getting restarted in pocket.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 01:18 PM
    As I have mentioned, I truly believe it is something related to software. I tried with paper, but it dint solve. When I did the software, it solved. Maybe people who got solved keeping the paper was having some other problem or maybe they dont realise phone getting restarted in pocket.

Posted via CB10
    That's fine. You can believe anything you want.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    11-24-14 06:17 PM
    That's fine. You can believe anything you want.
    And I believe what I believe is a matter of fact as it happens with some...and also I dont find it any ground to be offended for some...

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:24 PM
    The battery contacts are most likely worn. Stick a piece of paper between the top of the battery and the phone so that it fits sung with the battery contacts. You won't have a problem again. That's how my q10 is at the moment. I mean, I'm using my passport now, but before I received my passport, that's what I had to do to keep my q10 from resetting.

Just make sure you're not pulling the battery out a lot. That's usually the cause of it.

Posted via my Classic Passport
    11-24-14 09:30 PM
    I have the same issue last time. It is Becoz of the loose battery. I put a piece of paper in between the battery and phone. It solved my problem and I hardly having reboot now.

Sent from my Q10SQN100-3

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 12:04 AM
    This is part of the reason why BlackBerry has gone with non removable batteries.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 12:42 AM
    I had the same issue and found it was a loose battery. I stuck some velcro on the battery door.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 08:05 PM