Does anyone think the same? I don't wear cover or anything, but this phone for some reason I've dropped it a "lot", and while last time cause a bit of hardware issues that lasted for like 2 or 3 days until it returned to normal, the screen hasn't even been broken and hardly any stretch in it. This phone definitely has passed on quality control with me.
    I don't mean to be careless, but even I think I have to treat this one with more love.
    Shall buy another one for back up just in case.
    Anyone else to share?

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    JCGodoy, metroside and Q10Bold like this.
    07-22-15 07:11 PM
    Yes it is. My Q10 is still in perfect condition after 2 years. I found a non functioning Q10 on the ground and I tried breaking it with my bare hands, I couldn't. The stainless steel frame is a beast.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 07:22 PM
    Got my Q10 3 months after launch, have changed the battery once. I still have the typo issue, but this little thing is a tank.
    07-22-15 07:37 PM
    Got my Q10 3 months after launch, have changed the battery once. I still have the typo issue, but this little thing is a tank.
    Isn't that fixed via an 'update' ? or hardware related?
    07-22-15 08:34 PM
    typo issue, meaning double typing issue? has it been fixed? I'm on .2339 now and my phone has triple typing issues....battery drain is worse than when i was on 10.2.1.2228. Otherwise, 23 months later, my Q10 can last 3 more years. (my 9900 is 4 yo and still going strong!)
    07-22-15 09:00 PM
    The mighty Qued is a true beast. Nonetheless, I keep mine in an Otterbox Defender case with a tempered glass screen protector. I like keeping it holstered and I like the grip of the back of the case.

The double-typing is a hardware issue (at least for me). I exchanged one that was double typing, and restored a complete backup onto a new one. Old one double typed. New one with exactly the same OS, apps, and data didn't.

I recently updated to 10.3.2.2339 and it's like I got a brand new Q10! Love this phone!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    Ragbert likes this.
    07-22-15 09:38 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry loyalist - own a Q10 for two years now. Love it. But also bought a Classic for back up. Haven't used the Classic very much yet. What exactly is the double typing issue?I don't think I ever experienced it.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 05:17 AM
    I am still waiting for T-mobile to update the Q10 to 10.3! I ask once a month and they avoid answering! I've been loyal to T-mobile since 1994

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke and Danny Ocean like this.
    07-23-15 05:20 AM
    I am still waiting for T-mobile to update the Q10 to 10.3! I ask once a month and they avoid answering! I've been loyal to T-mobile since 1994

Posted via CB10
    It's too bad that they don't return your loyalty.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.2
    07-23-15 06:22 AM
    I shattered my screen after I accidentally threw my phone in the air. It landed face-down on my asphalt driveway.

My Q10 is indestructible!-img_20140510_183702_0.jpg

This was my fault entirely. However my phone has developed the double typing and I've had to replace the keyboard *four* times (and soon a fifth since this keyboard is failing).

Just last week, my headset blew out and it's very difficult to hear anyone during a phone conversation.

I replaced the black bezel on my Q10 with a silver one and the silver bezel has the paint starting to fade on the plastic part by the bottom.

My previous BlackBerry phones had no problems such as these. From my experience, they don't make them like they used to! Hopefully build quality improves with future devices.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    07-24-15 12:26 AM
    I too think that the Q10 is indestructible. I been using it for almost two years now and drop it a few times while running on city streets, no major damage to report only a couple of scratches near the lock screen button but my phone still works great as the first day I used it.
    07-24-15 01:40 PM
    If you want a back-up, better buy one now before they become increasingly difficult to find.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-24-15 03:02 PM
    The build quality of this phone is really amazing.
    07-24-15 03:05 PM
    The Q is a very tough phone, I personally wouldn't jinx myself though by making such a post

Posted with my  Classic
    07-24-15 09:56 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry loyalist - own a Q10 for two years now. Love it. But also bought a Classic for back up. Haven't used the Classic very much yet. What exactly is the double typing issue?I don't think I ever experienced it.

Posted via CB10
    So You go to type house, and it reads hoouse, and You usually notice it after You've written Your piece...Until You learn to watch every letter being typed out of learned habit..

I heard that the double typing issue is a software one, and would be resolved in the next software update..

YOU HEAR THAT, TMOBILE???!?

Yes, we need the software update!!

Multiple months ago..

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 09:55 AM
    I think my Q10 is indestructible too. I dropped it several times and all is well.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 10:29 PM
    Q is a heavy beast, dropped it several times. No scratches or dents. Have also typo issues on letters P, A, O and space bar. Running 10.3.1.2576.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 05:00 AM
    The only issue I have about my Q10 is the double typing.other than that its almost indestructable.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 07:13 AM

I heard that the double typing issue is a software one, and would be resolved in the next software update..

Posted via CB10
    It's a hardware issue not a software issue. IF it were a software issue then replacing the keyboard would have no effect on the issue. But, replacing the keyboard does solve the problem, until the new keyboard starts double typing.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.2
    07-27-15 07:26 AM
    The only issue I have about my Q10 is the double typing.other than that its almost indestructable.

Posted via CB10
    Double typing is hardware issue. Replace keypad

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 02:32 PM
    I'm with you. I have been rocking the Q10 for two years now, and I can say this baby has taken some serious abuse and just keeps rocking. I really would love the same phone with updated internals, but short of that, it's tough to beat.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-02-15 12:17 AM
    I started using the Q10 in Oct 2013. That phone has been the most reliable, durable phone I've ever owned.

It went through war with my usage.

It survived being dropped in a full sink, a shattered screen, double-typing issues, countless drops, having its battery over-heated and nearly frying the system board.

I replaced the screen and keyboard. The only part I didn't bother to fix was the headphone jack (it stopped working after the sink swim).

I recently upgrade to the Classic ONLY because the phone stopped performing telephony services with Sprint (I believe due to being wet while charging). I used the phone for almost 2 weeks on nothing but wifi (try emailing your friends and coworkers for two weeks ONLY) just to try to have it saved. I even considered having it unlocked and trying either to use a sim card (Sprint Q10s have a slot) or putting it on Verizon.

I really didn't want to say goodbye, but I'm happy with my Classic. I'll occasionally pull my Q10 out for emails or to use while the Classic is charging or upgrading.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:30 PM
    Not only is it durable, but, for a three year old phone, it's still pretty amazing. I was just goofing around a while ago with my PC that I just updated to Win10. I decided to try Blend. I had to connect via USB first to get it to recognize the phone, As soon as it connected, I yanked the USB cable, and wifi took over. So my phone is connected to my PC via Blend. Then, just for giggles, I grab my Playbook and fire up Bridge. And now my phone is connected to my PC via Blend and to my Playbook via Bridge. So then I decide to fire up Miracast and broadcast the whole thing to my TV. My phone isn't even getting warm at this point. So I grab my bluetooth headphones, pair them with the phone, and everything sounds great! Long live the mighty Qued!

*Update* I just called it from my landline and everything is still connected and working. I keep forgetting that you can use this thing as a phone too!
    08-03-15 01:06 AM
    I bought my Q10 second hand. It wasn't in perfect condition when I got it. It was my daily driver until I got a classic. I'm a stone mason, I use my Q10 as a MP3 player while I'm shaping stone in my workshop. I take it out of my pocket, and it's often covered in stone dust, I just give it a blow off and carry on typing away on it. It's been dropped, the frame is scratched and the paint is coming off it. It's never had a screen protector on it and despite the fact it is used in a abrasive environment the screen isn't to badly scratched. I have now put my sim card back in the Q10 and it has become my daily driver again. Is more convenient for me to have my daily driver with me in the workshop and keep the Classic for best. The thing is, I just love my Q10. The size of it is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    08-05-15 03:59 PM
    Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    08-05-15 08:38 PM
39 12