I don't usually turn off my phone but I did last night - and now all of my pictures are gone and the ringtone I downloaded is gone as well. Any idea what happened? Any way to get them back?

I turned off the phone by pressing the top button and holding down.

It does look like its everything from my SD card that is missing.

Have taking out and put it back in..waiting to see if that helps?
    Last edited by meicheraxo; 12-31-15 at 10:00 AM.
    12-31-15 09:35 AM
    Were the missing files on an SD card or within the Device Memory?
    By what process did you turn off the Q10?

Sometimes when a BlackBerry is rebooted, the cache for all the media gets glitched and wont show up in the Media apps (Music, Pictures, Videos....)
    Use File Manager to look at the Devise Memory and Media Card (if present) and see if the folders and files are still there.

Let us know the answers to above and the results.
    12-31-15 09:42 AM
    I turned off the phone by pressing the top button and holding down.

It does look like its everything from my SD card that is missing.

Have taking out and put it back in..waiting to see if that helps?
    12-31-15 10:01 AM
    OK looks like that might have been the issue - I can now see the SD card in the file manager which it wasn't there before...and I can access the pictures there as well.

Thanks for the tip about checking the SD card - its in such an odd place to find it in the device I guess I overlooked it.

Thanks for all your help!
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-31-15 10:04 AM
    OK looks like that might have been the issue - I can now see the SD card in the file manager which it wasn't there before...and I can access the pictures there as well.

Thanks for the tip about checking the SD card - its in such an odd place to find it in the device I guess I overlooked it.

Thanks for all your help!
    Removing and reinserting the SD card will trigger a re-scan of it, which will sometimes rebuild the cache.
    However, if you still spot one or more "blank" pictures within the Pictures app, then you will need to completely rebuild all caches.
    Especially if you have additional media files that are on the device memory as a SD card re-scan trigger doesn't always trigger a Device Memory re-scan.

To rebuild the caches, you must perform a Hard Reset.
    A Hard Reset is a battery pull, like for other removable battery BlackBerry devices.
    For the Q10:
    1. Press and hold the power button until the device turns off. (If the device is frozen and won't turn off, skip this step)
    2. Remove the rear cover.
    3. Remove the battery
    4. Wait 20 seconds and reinsert the battery.
    5. Replace the rear cover.
    6. Power on the device.
    What this does is deletes all caches, shuts down all apps and running services, wipes running memory, and removes all power from the device. It does not delete any files, apps, contacts, or settings. This generally fixes any corrupt caches or buggy apps.
    NOTE: It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after it has rebooted from a Hard Reset, due to the system rebuilding all caches and restarting background apps and services. It is best to just let it sit for five minutes before checking if the issue has been fixed.
    12-31-15 11:39 AM
    isnt just holding volume up and down for 10 sec. do hard reset ?
    01-01-16 10:39 AM
    isnt just holding volume up and down for 10 sec. do hard reset ?
    Yes, but mainly on non-removable battery devices, called a Soft Reset on those.
    Not all devices will reset with the volume buttons.
    Reset a BlackBerry smartphone

Hard Reset = Removing/Reinserting battery aka Battery Pull.
    Soft Reset = Using a key or button combo to trigger the system into performing a reset.
    Both way perform the same function, clearing memory/caches/running apps and services.
    Warios likes this.
    01-01-16 02:16 PM