I'm pretty well versed in taking apart my blackberries I've been switching my housings, bezels etc since the curve however this time around I'd say it was a little more challenging. For some odd reason the good folks @ blackberry chose to put the most impossible phillips head screws instead of T- screws to fasten the keyboard to the housing. Plus I managed to damage my microphone so i'm stuck using an earpiece or the speakerphone until I can get it repaired. If you're considering this conversion please keep those two things in mind because I took my time and followed the directions taking the phone apart and I've thoroughly examined the microphone area, there's no loose connection or damaged wire I'm pretty much baffled as to how I damaged it. Tried every fix I've found in here to no avail. Other than that my phone looks great lol
    My Q10 Conversion | Silver Bezel/ Warning-fullsizerender.jpg
    My Q10 Conversion | Silver Bezel/ Warning-fullsizerender-1-.jpg
    My Q10 Conversion | Silver Bezel/ Warning-fullsizerender-2-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:05 PM
    nice work! Sorry about the issues tho. Hope you get that fixed soon as well.
    09-22-14 07:13 PM
    nice work! Sorry about the issues tho. Hope you get that fixed soon as well.
    Thanks I'm gonna take it to a repair shop tomorrow. If more shops carried blackberry replacement parts these days I would've let them switch the bezel to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:37 PM
    I found that the screws for the keyboard were a 00 Phillips available in a craftsman screwdriver set I had in my tool box. It is not the small jewelers set,but a slightly bigger screw driver with black and red plastic handles.

In regards to the mic if it is connected with a flexible cable that is stuck to the board make sure the cable is stuck back down. This adhesive is conductive and looks like it makes a ground when stuck to the metal shields on the board. I had a q10 not boot and when I put some conductive paste on any ribbon cable where this adhesive was and no longer stuck, it fixed the problem. I used a small tube of silver heat conductive paste used for mounting heat syncs to cpu. I thought of this when katiepie mentioned fixing a rebooting Q10 by using conductive paste on a heat sync.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robsteve; 09-22-14 at 08:37 PM.
    09-22-14 08:27 PM
    that looks dope man. sorry about the mic damage tho. Do you hold the phone out while using the ear piece?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:58 PM
    I found that the screws for the keyboard were a 00 Phillips available in a craftsman screwdriver set I had in my tool box. It is not the small jewelers set,but a slightly bigger screw driver with black and red plastic handles.

In regards to the mic if it is connected with a flexible cable that is stuck to the board make sure the cable is stuck back down. This adhesive is conductive and looks like it makes a ground when stuck to the metal shields on the board. I had a q10 not boot and when I put some conductive paste on any ribbon cable where this adhesive was and no longer stuck, it fixed the problem. I used a small tube of silver heat conductive paste used for mounting heat syncs to cpu. I thought of this when katiepie mentioned fixing a rebooting Q10 by using conductive paste on a heat sync.

Posted via CB10
    I think you just made me realize my mistake I didn't replace the the black sticker thats under the battery. thought it was there for aesthetic reasons but i guess the copper parts of it served as some sort of connector/ground, i crumpled it pretty bad the 1st time i disassembled my phone and threw it away so i guess i have to find another one but i don't even know what its called lol
    09-22-14 09:02 PM
    yeah. the funny thing is i rarely hold the phone up to my ear for calls but its just the fact that its not working that bothers me. sometime i may receive a call and not have my earpiece handy so it can be a nuisance at times but like i said earlier i guess i have to find a new sticker for the battery slot, whatever its called lol
    09-22-14 09:10 PM
    If you ordered the silver case from truesupplier.com it's a piece of garbage. I did the same conversion.
    09-22-14 09:26 PM
    If you ordered the silver case from truesupplier.com it's a piece of garbage. I did the same conversion.
    Ordered mine from ebay. OEM quality everything fit perfectly and feels well manufactured
    09-22-14 09:32 PM