Then why haven't you sold your Q10 and bought a different device, if you hate it so much?

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    I have a two year contract and don't feel like taking more of a loss. Otherwise, like so many here, I am very disappointed with the missed opportunity, terrible conceptual design, and flawed structural execution if this OS. I feel duped. I expected a next generation device, not some bastardized hybrid which bears so little resemblance to the predecessors that defined the company and generated such strong loyalty among its core users. Some people like the device's niche appeal, and that's good for them. I certainly never would have bought an expensive, sophisticated high tech product like this from a company that's announced it's exiting the business, but I didn't know that at the time. So, I feel doubly disappointed that there won't be the kind of support and improvements, or apps, that one would expect from a healthy company with a vibrant and growing customer base.
    10-07-13 05:20 PM
    I have a two year contract and don't feel like taking more of a loss. Otherwise, like so many here, I am very disappointed with the missed opportunity, terrible conceptual design, and flawed structural execution if this OS. I feel duped. I expected a next generation device, not some bastardized hybrid which bears so little resemblance to the predecessors that defined the company and generated such strong loyalty among its core users. Some people like the device's niche appeal, and that's good for them. I certainly never would have bought an expensive, sophisticated high tech product like this from a company that's announced it's exiting the business, but I didn't know that at the time. So, I feel doubly disappointed that there won't be the kind of support and improvements, or apps, that one would expect from a healthy company with a vibrant and growing customer base.
    This doesn't make a lot of sense. If you're on a two year contract, then you wouldn't actually be taking a loss, as your device purchase was subsidized. The price on the secondary market for the Q10 is still relatively strong, so you should in all likelihood be able to at least recoup your expenditure. For example, my Q10 cost me about $230 with a 2 year contract extension. Even if you paid $100 more than I did, you should be able to at least break even. I'm going to assume you haven't really pursued this option. The bottom line is it's pretty obvious that you just enjoy being a pot stirrer.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-07-13 05:27 PM
    Try before you buy next time. If you can't, don't buy it.

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-07-13 05:28 PM
    Try before you buy next time. If you can't, don't buy it.

Posted via my CB Q10
    I had expectations based on previous experiences with Blackberry and general common sense, as well as the practice of other manufacturers, that their next generation device would retain the features and benefits if their previous device and take things to a new level. Pretty reasonable expectation.
    10-07-13 06:11 PM
    I had expectations based on previous experiences with Blackberry and general common sense, as well as the practice of other manufacturers, that their next generation device would retain the features and benefits if their previous device and take things to a new level. Pretty reasonable expectation.
    It's a new OS so eventually what it lacks of legacy devices it will have in the future I'm sure. If you can't wait I'd place an advertisement for a swap with an iphone.

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-07-13 06:16 PM
    I don't know what time you are talking about, but I certainly have no financial interest in Blackberry or any related entities, except the money wasted on this device and overspent on usage overages due to the data-abuse caused by the structural OS design problems with this device...and the time wasted with BBY and/or AT&T trying to resolve bugs and other problems with the phone.
    Yes, I saw the thread where you blamed your lack of understanding of the difference between BIS and non BIS data compression on the device. A "design problem" isn't the cause of your data overage SoxFan, your lack of due diligence is. I'm guessing this is a continuation on a theme for you. You assumed that a brand new operating system would incorporate the same features you were comfortable with in a previous OS because it came from the same manufacturer without actually finding out if this was true and made a purchasing decision based on that assumption. Lack of due diligence. The Q10 is clearly not for you. We get it, move on.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    10-07-13 06:24 PM
    General common sense would be to actually find out if the device you plan on using for the next two years actually has the features you deem to be important instead of just blindly assuming it does and then complaining incessantly when you find out you were wrong.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 06:25 PM
    It's a new OS so eventually what it lacks of legacy devices it will have in the future I'm sure. If you can't wait I'd place an advertisement for a swap with an iphone.

Posted via my CB Q10
    I don't know why you're assuming they will be here. Unheard of that they aren't here in the first. Completely unacceptable.
    10-07-13 06:28 PM
    General common sense would be to actually find out if the device you plan on using for the next two years actually has the features you deem to be important instead of just blindly assuming it does and then complaining incessantly when you find out you were wrong.

Posted via CB10
    You're right. That's why sales are dead, returns are high, and the company is fading into the sunset.

I didn't expect this degree of corporate arrogance, incompetence and mismanagement. The screwups are now widely acknowledged and we'll documented. I have 10-15 years of experience with the company and it's products...not like I didn't have a reasonable foundation for my expectations...just like so many others have shared and posted.
    10-07-13 06:32 PM
    Yes, I saw the thread where you blamed your lack of understanding of the difference between BIS and non BIS data compression on the device. A "design problem" isn't the cause of your data overage SoxFan, your lack of due diligence is.
    Posted via CB10
    I don't know where you are coming from. The inability of this device to use data compression or any means necessary to minimize data usage is BBY's design fault. It's part of the structural design of the OS. I don;t care whether we're talking about BB7 or BB10. I don't care about what OS it takes to deliver the improvements which are reasonably expected after 1-2 years of R&D. I care about the features and functionality. Extremely high data usage is widely acknowledged as a problem with this device, openly by both AT&T and Blackberry. No real defense of it by them...that's just the way it is. It's trying to do too much in a desperate but flawed gasp to grab iPhone and/or Galaxy customers.

But they can't out iPhone Apple or out Galaxy Samsung, and the result is a mostly alienated group of BBY core users, with the exception of a niche audience -- essentially a high stakes lose-lose proposition -- and it's game over for the company as well. Very sad.
    10-07-13 06:42 PM
    You're right. That's why sales are dead, returns are high, and the company is fading into the sunset.
    I'd sell that Q10 sharpish then... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2Fwww.ebay.com

Posted via my CB Q10
    Danny Ocean and SharonRD like this.
    10-07-13 06:44 PM

Posted via my CB Q10
    What makes you confident the legacy features will be there in any future release? I am not confident. My Z10 was not a BB in many ways to me. I was disappointed.
    10-07-13 06:56 PM
    When doing updates on an OS, yes, you expect to have all the features as before. However, when going to a whole new OS, some legacy features cannot. Either because they are less popular now, or they have bad implementations, or there is just a newer, better way to do things. You have YEARS of implementing features that people get used to in the legacy OS, its difficult to get them into the OS in the first year without doing X times the amount of developers you actually have on staff.

At work, I have the same problem. Spent 8 years developing a platform with certain features that attracted and retained customers. To come out on a new platform, on day one, there are new features that were never there before, and missing features that many customers can expect. You generally try and accomplish the most important things first, and then the little stuff comes later. Or else you have to increase the amount of developers to get more work done in shorter time. It takes time to bring up developers, it takes time to make things stable and it takes time to QA things.

I have friends on XP that refuse to use Windows 7 or 8 for various changes and features they no longer have that they expected from XP. Somethings just don't need to be re-coded and can be carried forward, but when going to a completely different OS design (from java based), this is not a valid assumption at the beginning of BB10.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    10-07-13 06:57 PM
    I don't know where you are coming from. The inability of this device to use data compression or any means necessary to minimize data usage is BBY's design fault. It's part of the structural design of the OS. I don;t care whether we're talking about BB7 or BB10. I don't care about what OS it takes to deliver the improvements which are reasonably expected after 1-2 years of R&D. I care about the features and functionality. Extremely high data usage is widely acknowledged as a problem with this device, openly by both AT&T and Blackberry. No real defense of it by them...that's just the way it is. It's trying to do too much in a desperate but flawed gasp to grab iPhone and/or Galaxy customers.

But they can't out iPhone Apple or out Galaxy Samsung, and the result is a mostly alienated group of BBY core users, with the exception of a niche audience -- essentially a high stakes lose-lose proposition -- and it's game over for the company as well. Very sad.
    Not using BIS is not a design flaw. Android doesn't use BIS data compression, nor does Apple. There isn't any phone on the market that will compress data like BBOS did. You lack a basic understanding of how this works, so simply put it sends data differently. More to the point, there is NO phone on the market now or ever that will meet your needs based on your posts. You've complained about the camera, the pinch to zoom, the touchscreen, the data, the keyboard, the battery, and much much more. You've said there is no excuse for a phone battery to not last 24 hours! Don't worry, you will have PLENTY to complain about no matter what device you end up with. You blindly purchased a product without doing research. You didn't understand your data usage. Must be Blackberry's fault for not consulting you before they made the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-07-13 07:01 PM
    What makes you confident the legacy features will be there in any future release? I am not confident. My Z10 was not a BB in many ways to me. I was disappointed.
    OS Evolution. I feel some compare an eight month old BB10 OS to a mature OS7.

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-07-13 07:01 PM
    OS Evolution. I feel some compare an eight month old BB10 OS to a mature OS7.

Posted via my CB Q10
    You're taking about a company that released a product with a huge amount of flaws and bugs, that's taken an eternity to release very minor fixes and improvements to date, and that's announced it's exited the business, laying off 40% of its workforce in what is the first in a series of layoffs...i have zero confidence that they will address these issues in a timely manner, if at all.

But I hope you're right.
    tack likes this.
    10-07-13 07:19 PM
    You're taking about a company that released a product with a huge amount of flaws and bugs, that's taken an eternity to release very minor fixes and improvements to date, and that's announced it's exited the business, laying off 40% of its workforce in what is the first in a series of layoffs...i have zero confidence that they will address these issues in a timely manner, if at all.

But I hope you're right.
    Your grudge with BlackBerry makes it seem like they had fun with your gf or something.

Huge bugs and flaws? Give it a rest! Many people on these forums do not have the experiences to the degree that you say! You'll have people that agree with you, but your aggressive language is over the top. Please, just let it go. Your point has been noted.

Posted with my Q10!
    Danny Ocean and Ben1232 like this.
    10-07-13 07:27 PM
    I have found out the culprit in the text msg scroll issue, I had my fonts to 10 as I don't always have my reading glasses on. I switched it to 9 and the scroll issue is not so bad. Now I just can't see any of it Anyone with 10.2 leaked feel like checking it out? Anything above font size 9 then it won't scroll up, the 3rd and all lines after are not visible unless you manually scroll them.
    It goes to three lines now, then it scrolls down automatically with each new line
    My opinion and issues after a few days of Q10-img_00000973.png

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:29 PM
    i have zero confidence that they will address these issues in a timely manner, if at all.

But I hope you're right.
    So where do you go from here ?

Posted via my CB Q10
    LWKING likes this.
    10-07-13 07:38 PM
    I cannot get it to look like that with any font larger than 9. What is your font size in settings.
    My opinion and issues after a few days of Q10-img_00000012.png

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:58 PM
    Oh there is 2 more lines typed under those 2 showing

Just learned how to edit post in CB app. Really liking this app now that I figured it out a bit. Didn't seem as good on the 9900

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:59 PM
46 12