Done. Another big issue I'm dealing with is the inability to change my lock screen wallpaper. A poster on the forums told me it's because I have parental controls on. I do not hold the password to my parental controls, so basicly I can't change the wallpaper on my lock screen unless the controls are unlocked...I only have access to changing homescreen wallpaper.

I wish I can complain directly to BlackBerry about this somehow.

Posted via CB10
    Try Twitter. They seem to be active in responding on Twitter.
    Twitter handle - @BlackBerryHelp
    06-16-13 03:21 PM
    The phone app really sucks too. It's too hard to find a contact
    Well, you can simply start typing out the contact name from the HomeScreen itself and the Universal Search does a reasonably good job in finding relevant matches. Not sure why anyone would have a tough time FINDING a contact. Give it a shot. Try typing it out from the HomeScreen itself.
    06-16-13 03:22 PM
    Some contacts are found by a search some are not...I'm finding it have to do with the fact that if they are favorites they will not show up at all by a search.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:27 PM
    Some contacts are found by a search some are not...I'm finding it have to do with the fact that if they are favorites they will not show up at all by a search.

Posted via CB10
    Mine seem to show up just fine. Favourite or not.
    Sure you have the options in Universal Search Settings enabled to include contacts? (not a very smart question, but hey... you never know)
    06-16-13 03:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Take a look at this post (and the thread)... AND the screenshots.

Hope it can help:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post8638274
    06-16-13 03:41 PM
    Ok now I'm really getting fed up. I went into my text app to compose a message, the contact who I added to a favorite won't show up when I type in his name..and his thread isn't in the text list either

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:55 PM
    All my contacts that I added to favorites got deleted. Now there are just numbers displayed by the favorite icons

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:57 PM
    All my contacts that I added to favorites got deleted. Now there are just numbers displayed by the favorite icons

Posted via CB10
    Considering there were a bunch of things you needed to figure out... I would say there is a high chance that there is something wrong with the way you have configured your contacts (a possibility... Also possible it could be the OS / Device acting up).

You could give a restart / reset a shot.

I would suggest sorting the contacts issue first. In my experience - A clean import of your contacts would help (once you have deleted all in the phone already). Might take a while, but it is better to have the base sorted out before you attempt to resolve/identify/fix/workaround the other issues.

And seriously mate... try to tone down the complaints. ASK for help if you need help. Most of the times, the issue just MAY BE user error.
    Even if it is a device or OS issue - if you could just tone down your complaint(s) (and boy do you have a few!) and word it properly - somebody just may be willing to offer a workable suggestion.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 06-16-13 at 05:04 PM.
    06-16-13 04:52 PM

Let me stop right here: I don�t subscribe to the argument that BB10 is new and, therefore, should be given some time to mature. BB10 didn�t land in a market that�s new. BB10 landed in a market that is already well established. Further, BlackBerry is attempting to redefine itself, and to leave out legacy features seems counter to this movement..

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

First off - excellent review and dead-on, mirroring much of my own concerns.

Your statement above is a refreshing view, and also dead-on! We need the very same features that kept us loyal, and in omitting them, BlackBerry has caused many doubts, at least on my part.

Thanks again for an awesome review

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 05:48 PM
    After you have added 3, go to Contacts Tab on your phone app. And then scroll to the NEXT contact you want to mark as favourite. When THAT contact is reached - LONG PRESS (on THAT contact). A side menu should open (on the right side). Tap on STAR icon.
    Another row of Favourites will be created
    Something else to note about the speed dials, is that you can quickly access multiple numbers for any one speed dial by touching and holding the speed dial icon (picture). A menu will pop up that will allow you to quickly access any of that contact's numbers (home, work, mobile, etc.) so any one person only needs to be on the speed dial list once (not one for home, one for mobile, etc.)

From the ZED via CB10.. booyah!
    raremage likes this.
    06-16-13 06:57 PM
    Thanks again for an awesome review
    No problem.
    06-17-13 05:36 AM
    Try Twitter. They seem to be active in responding on Twitter.
    Twitter handle - @BlackBerryHelp
    I tweeted to this ID twice, asking for assistance with a problem, a few weeks ago. So far, no response.
    06-17-13 05:57 AM
    I tweeted to this ID twice, asking for assistance with a problem, a few weeks ago. So far, no response.
    Are you following them? They will generally DM you and if you don't follow them they cannot DM you.

From the ZED via CB10.. booyah!
    06-17-13 06:52 AM
    Yes I'm following them

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:13 AM
39 12