I have the Q10 since Sept 2013. Happy camper since 10.2 fixed font scaling issues when texting and font size >9.

Sprint has excluded the Passport and Classic from its network (& Z10, Z30, & Q5). I like the Passport concept with giant 4.5" screen for web reading and touch sensitive keyboard, to reduce needs to touch the screen, and inadvertently select links. The Classic 3.5" screen is nicer size than Q10, but screen ppi is less and (I hear) pixels start to become visible -- and seems rather heavy for the 3.5" screen size.

That said, as I continue to learn subtle keyboard features for text, numerics, symbols, special characters, I am happier than ever. Do I really want a Passport or Classic?

My ideal seems to be a Q10B with 3.5" or even 4.0" screen, with "touch-sensive" four row keyboard just like the Q10 -- with removable battery and same or higher screen ppi, 60 fps video, natch -- with least possible increase in weight using a thinner titanium frame for flex without permanent bending. (that's what you get with titanium! can take severe bend, and return to original shape)

Only problem is even if such product were built, SPRINT WOULD NOT OFFER . That may mean ATT at some point, when off current contract ends.
    Last edited by daradm; 01-19-15 at 10:30 PM.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    01-18-15 07:34 PM
    Hit the rumor section to see if there is such a thing planned.
    01-18-15 07:45 PM
    Being >65, I could be tempted by a larger screen -- if the weight can be kept down. Square is OK, as I don't load hundreds of dumb apps, only what is actually useful. The Q10 is the perfect size for its low weight, very compact, and for most web reading I use the Reader Mode with white text on black backgrouind -- WHICH IS SUPER! even iPhone doesn't have this.
    01-18-15 10:43 PM
    Actually the resolution of the Classic isn't less, it is the same. The ppi in reality isn't much worse, as you also need to keep in mind we are comparing a pentile matrix's ppi vs. a RGB matrix's ppi. The latter has more subpixels.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:36 AM
    Hold on to your Q10... that phone will be legendary in years to come...

Plus it's probs the last device with a removable battery... hope not though

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:33 AM
    I think I'm the only one who wants a q10 upgrade with the convenience key and wireless charging brought back...

But i'd be happy with a capacitative (I think they called it) keyboard like on the passport on the same slim from factor of the q10, and a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nature boy; 01-23-15 at 01:13 AM.
    01-20-15 04:48 PM
    But i'd be happy with a capacitative (I think they called it) keyboard like on the passport on the same slim from factor of the q10, and a bigger screen.
    Posted via CB10
    I'm totally with you on this for upgrade to Q10 product series.
    (1) Touch-sensitive keyboard for scolling/zooming on web pages -- without inadvertently selecting links on the pages like I do now on Q10. No need for on-screen characters like Passport.
    (2) Larger, high-resolution screen (i.e. with more pixels for larger 3.6" or 4" screen, e.g. 1050x1050)
    (3) Slim form factor and low weight (not bulky and heavy like the Classic)
    (4) And of course, keeping the removable battery and faster, 60 fps video

Using the same keyboard functionality as the Q10, and only adding touch-sensitive keys for scrolling, this would be quick and easy to implement (vs the complex Passport on-screen and off-screen keyboard).
    01-21-15 04:20 PM
    I'm totally with you on this for upgrade to Q10 product series.
    (1) Touch-sensitive keyboard for scolling/zooming on web pages -- without inadvertently selecting links on the pages like I do now on Q10. No need for on-screen characters like Passport.
    (2) Larger, high-resolution screen (i.e. with more pixels for larger 3.6" or 4" screen, e.g. 1050x1050)
    (3) Slim form factor and low weight (not bulky and heavy like the Classic)
    (4) And of course, keeping the removable battery and faster, 60 fps video

Using the same keyboard functionality as the Q10, and only adding touch-sensitive keys for scrolling, this would be quick and easy to implement (vs the complex Passport on-screen and off-screen keyboard).
    The problem with that ever increasing screen size is the fact your request for a "slim and low weight" form factor won't work. Even BlackBerry would make a Q10 successor with a capacitive keyboard and a similar 3.5" display, it would still be larger than the original Q10. Basically a Classic which falls short of the toolbelt.
    I also do not know why multiple people call the Classic not slim, it is actually slimmer than the Q.

Same for the weight, if you want to keep that good battery life, you'll need bigger batteries which result in more weight.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 02:10 AM
    Check my post to see why you will probably not see this upgrade
    01-22-15 05:50 AM