Our finance director came in one morning... declaring... we have to have this...showing off her tough little black handset...

It all started with the 6210 in 2003. I was blown away by the connectivity and my productivity... An amazingly robust device which lasted three years without ever letting me down..it gave you corporate superhero powers.. Strangely I let it down when eschewing the corporate life for a sabbatical ....it was ceremoniously thrown into the River Thames off London Bridge still flashing messages. (Try it its kind of a freeing experience)

Back from the sabbatical, the 8300 was immediately purchased, supporting my new business.. Even with sand in the 'pearl' it soldiered on.. Never a problem, I loved the camera ( that was really cool in those days).

A contract driven switch to the strange Storm lasted about a week.. Yikes horrible... But all was right with the world when the 8900 came into my life, it survived sun, sea, sand and snow. I kept resisting the iPhone resolutely. I had three of these, often losing them or running them over...but always replacing....I even had a lovely Smythson case for this...

Then the piece de resistance.... And I still miss this baby... The Bold 9900.., classy, tough, reliable....great phone.... But the desktop software kept messing up.... It stopped syncing with my diary and contacts. Many an annoying night was spent trying to sort it out, but to no avail..... But I kept with bb... Even buying a play book... Which incidentally is now my bathroom newspaper device now...I even withstood the outage in 2011... Quite enjoyed the break actually.

A contract driven switch saw my 9900 disappear on eBay and along came my Q10.... Gosh this looked great, fab keyboard... Lovely build quality... Month three.... Random desktop not syncing...oh god not this again..... Then mails started taking an age to open, this funny little circle would whizz around for 15 minutes... Then I couldn't send reduced size photos ? Perhaps that was my ineptitude .... It simply took ages to do anything....

Alas and perhaps it's a good thing, it was almost impossible to use left handed in the car..everything too small to see... Then.. Then ... Text messages disappeared, the whole lot.. Then email appeared where texts should be.... Then it stopped accepting my email pass words.... I tried hard resets, software updates... Etc etc... Still knackered...

It was with a very heavy heart I entered the Sony store....I felt disloyal, a traitor ,a turncoat... But alas I need something that works...

So that is it ... Ten years I was with you BB... There were some great times and I thank you. I'll resist selling the q10 on eBay, I'll perhaps frame it as a kind of memorial.
    MarcelQ10 likes this.
    10-20-13 05:16 AM
    Hi! Welcome to CB!!!

I'm sorry the Q10 didn't work for you. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.
    10-20-13 06:07 AM
    You didn't ask whoever took your money for your Q10 for help/warranty? Sheesh

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    10-20-13 08:22 AM
    For being with BlackBerry for over 10 years you sure ditched your Q10 quick. Never had this problem, feel bad for you for having it but know that whatever you got will not equal the productivity of the Q10.

Posted via Q10
    10-20-13 09:29 AM
    Also... the bobbies should spank you for littering the river!

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    10-20-13 09:44 AM
    I love Blackberry. In my opinion it is the best phone provider. I have been a committed BB user since the pearl and have had a slew of BBs since then. My favorite by far was definitely the Bold 9900, but I am quickly falling for my Q10. I had been using my Bold 9900 but after a traumatic and accidental fall into the toilet I went to Tmobile and got my Q10.

They tried offering me the Z10, but I like the combination of a touchscreen and a tangible keyboard. I only have a few cons for my Q10 and they are:
    I can't change the "Me" in my text messaging to my actual name like in my 9900.
    There's no themes...at least to my knowledge.
    I can't get the same apps on this one as my 9900. Like my Bank of America app or FatSecret Calorie Counter App...did find one, but not as good.
    And the Twitter app kinda sucks.
    BUT, I do like
    The NEW front facing camera.
    Built in photo editing
    Selection of fun new apps like the Diaree app...super fun, try it.
    And just other new tweaks that add to the efficiency of my phone and organization of my life.

Overall, I really love the Q10. I've only had it a week, but the more I figure it out, the more I love it.

Oh, no to mention the speaker is super loud and great!
    luminosity6 likes this.
    10-20-13 09:50 AM
    Q10 is my second BlackBerry. My first was the original Bold. The Bold was a mighty good phone but since my carrier didn't offer BIS I had to move on.

Lucky for me the Q10 doesn't require BIS to run so.... I'm here to stay

Posted with CB10/Q10
    anon8135329 likes this.
    10-20-13 11:03 AM
    I think the Q10 is a little deceptive for some people, because while it looks almost identical to the 9900, it's really nothing like it.

I don't sync my Q10 with my computer, I only backup the device sometimes, and have 0 problems with it.

Not sure how long you've had your Q10, but I will say that it took a little while for me to get used to it. But now that I'm fully used to it, it is by far the best BlackBerry I have owned, and I've owned 14 of them before it.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:37 PM
    As per title. Cool story.
    10-20-13 12:45 PM
    I love Blackberry. In my opinion it is the best phone provider. . . I only have a few cons for my Q10 and they are:

And the Twitter app kinda sucks.
    Check out Blaq. Awesome Twitter client.

Posted via CB10
    RazrRob likes this.
    10-20-13 01:28 PM
    Check out Blaq. Awesome Twitter client.

Posted via CB10
    Blaq? Is that a new social media app?
    10-20-13 02:21 PM
    Our finance director came in one morning... declaring... we have to have this...showing off her tough little black handset...

It all started with the 6210 in 2003. I was blown away by the connectivity and my productivity... An amazingly robust device which lasted three years without ever letting me down..it gave you corporate superhero powers.. Strangely I let it down when eschewing the corporate life for a sabbatical ....it was ceremoniously thrown into the River Thames off London Bridge still flashing messages. (Try it its kind of a freeing experience)

Back from the sabbatical, the 8300 was immediately purchased, supporting my new business.. Even with sand in the 'pearl' it soldiered on.. Never a problem, I loved the camera ( that was really cool in those days).

A contract driven switch to the strange Storm lasted about a week.. Yikes horrible... But all was right with the world when the 8900 came into my life, it survived sun, sea, sand and snow. I kept resisting the iPhone resolutely. I had three of these, often losing them or running them over...but always replacing....I even had a lovely Smythson case for this...

Then the piece de resistance.... And I still miss this baby... The Bold 9900.., classy, tough, reliable....great phone.... But the desktop software kept messing up.... It stopped syncing with my diary and contacts. Many an annoying night was spent trying to sort it out, but to no avail..... But I kept with bb... Even buying a play book... Which incidentally is now my bathroom newspaper device now...I even withstood the outage in 2011... Quite enjoyed the break actually.

A contract driven switch saw my 9900 disappear on eBay and along came my Q10.... Gosh this looked great, fab keyboard... Lovely build quality... Month three.... Random desktop not syncing...oh god not this again..... Then mails started taking an age to open, this funny little circle would whizz around for 15 minutes... Then I couldn't send reduced size photos ? Perhaps that was my ineptitude .... It simply took ages to do anything....

Alas and perhaps it's a good thing, it was almost impossible to use left handed in the car..everything too small to see... Then.. Then ... Text messages disappeared, the whole lot.. Then email appeared where texts should be.... Then it stopped accepting my email pass words.... I tried hard resets, software updates... Etc etc... Still knackered...

It was with a very heavy heart I entered the Sony store....I felt disloyal, a traitor ,a turncoat... But alas I need something that works...

So that is it ... Ten years I was with you BB... There were some great times and I thank you. I'll resist selling the q10 on eBay, I'll perhaps frame it as a kind of memorial.
    Unfortunately, this experience is far too typical/common. We all hoped the Q10 would be a significant step forward from the 9900. Then came reality.
    10-20-13 02:45 PM
    We all hoped
    Please speak for yourself.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-20-13 02:52 PM
    Unfortunately, this experience is far too typical/common. We all hoped the Q10 would be a significant step forward from the 9900. Then came reality.
    Yep. Maybe things will change in the coming months and the software starts to act more like the OP's 10 year experience with BlackBerry and not a drastic overhaul for the hell of it.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    10-20-13 02:52 PM

Posted with CB10/Q10
    Right, sorry: "All' is inaccurate. I didn't mean to say "all." Some people love the Q10 or are very satisfied with it. But so many also share the OP's perspective about what is and disappointment about what it could have been (let alone the marketplace which has voted overwhelmingly with pocketbooks).
    10-20-13 03:10 PM

Posted with CB10/Q10
    SoxFan always posts negative things about the Q10. It's nothing new. He/She generalizes all the time and is always talking about what's wrong with the Q10, when much of what they're saying is a matter of opinion or simply isn't true.

Don't mind SoxFan. They're just bored and for some reason feel the need to come on here and trash the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-20-13 03:18 PM
    SoxFan always posts negative things about the Q10. It's nothing new. He/She generalizes all the time and is always talking about what's wrong with the Q10, when much of what they're saying is a matter of opinion or simply isn't true.

Don't mind SoxFan. They're just bored and for some reason feel the need to come on here and trash the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    SoxFan is usually pretty accurate when recognizing (as am I) the shortcomings of BB10 vs BBOS, to the point where the BlackBerry CS manager working on my issues agrees and passes these things up to the dev team. Don't knock him to knock him.

I'm sorry some people love the device for its apps and it's social networking capabilities, but that's not why BlackBerry power users use BB.

10-20-13 03:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't always post negative things about the Q10. But I also don't provide blindly universal praise.

I love the fact that the browser is fast, which was to be expected given 2+ years in development, but I don't love the browsing experience (note to all: the track pad sure would have helped with browsing and editing). I like the screen shot feature, but wish the camera was better. I like the bright screen, but wish you could read it in the sunlight. Still, the singular defining advantage for me of the Q10 is the hard keyboard, otherwise competitive devices are superior at most other functions, and the loss of the shortcuts detracts from some of the advantages of the keyboard.

I just had hoped for so much more: certainly more and bigger steps forwards and fewer steps backwards.

There are social media integration benefits which I presume work fine, but which I just don't care about. Many come at a cost (essentially speed, battery life, or data usage) where the disadvantages outweigh the advantages -- for me. There are also many operational glitches and flaws, to which so many of the threads in this forum attest. Some people love the Hub; I prefer the efficiency and simplicity of quickly being able to see everything within a singular Messages "file."

Overall, BB10 is an epic miss by Blackberry, costing billions and billions of dollars. But I'm not an investor in the company -- I reference that as an independent external measure of the problems.

Anyway, I'm an active user like most of us here. I post my experiences and observations. Sometimes it's praise; sometimes it's a specific functional complaint; sometimes it's a usability/feature question; and sometimes it's a more general disappointment with the company as a result of the cumulative impact of the negatives on my user experience. I certainly wish the reality was otherwise. I have been a longstanding, loyal core user. I believe I represent the mainstream of Blackberry customers, but as we see, there are a wide range of opinions.
    Last edited by SoxFan; 10-20-13 at 09:38 PM.
    10-20-13 03:53 PM

Has the inaccuracy of touch typing driven you NUTTS yet?

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    10-20-13 07:07 PM
    Has the inaccuracy of touch typing driven you NUTTS yet?

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    It sure does. Still drives me crazy. Keep thinking that my i5 is still learning after 3 months. Not so much.
    10-20-13 07:27 PM
    So SoxFan is wrong then? The BB10 platform is actually so brilliantly developed that it's a huge commercial success? BlackBerry is winning over customers, both corporate and individual, in droves? Oh, ok, I must have just missed all that.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:29 PM
    Blaq? Is that a new social media app?
    Blaq is a Twitter client app in BlackBerry World. It was originally introduced for the Playbook but is much better on BB10, so, no, it's not new, but it is probably the definitive (unofficial) Twitter experience for BB10.

No, I have no affiliation with the dev. I just like the app and know a lot of others do, to. If you are disappointed with the native Twitter client on BB10, you should check it out.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/26733874?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:31 PM
    So SoxFan is wrong then? The BB10 platform is actually so brilliantly developed that it's a huge commercial success? BlackBerry is winning over customers, both corporate and individual, in droves? Oh, ok, I must have just missed all that.

Posted via CB10
    You're my favorite.

10-20-13 07:38 PM
    I'm sorry some people love the device for its apps and it's social networking capabilities, but that's not why BlackBerry power users use BB.

This is a great point. A true power user is looking for a solid communication device. Many of us type long form emails, and because of the signature at the bottom of the page, aren't really interested in rolling the dice on a full touch type device. For many of us in this position, the Q10 is the best device on the market by a large margin. But if you're looking for apps and games, etc. the Q10 may not be for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 12:18 AM
    I defected. And went on a BlackBerry hiatus for a few years from a 9900 to and Samsung gs4 and Samsung 8.9 tablet. It use to drive me to rip my hair out with the constant touch typing backspacing to correct typing and I know I type correct! That was soooooooo annoying!!

Posted in CB forums and luvn leak 10.2.0.1767
    10-21-13 02:45 AM
45 12