So ridiculous man.. bought a brand new Q10 for the first time and put the Sim card in with the adapter and it got stuck and I pried it out and obviously is won't read the Sim now... funny because this happen with the Z30 to and I fixed it but the price wasn't worth it..

I'm actually laughing how stupid this was. Didn't even get to use this phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 12:15 AM
    Oh dear. That's not good at all.
    I remember hearing news back in the day about how SIM adapters in the HP Pre 3 would damage the SIM reading pins. I never had one but as one who uses adapters a lot when phone jumping, this doesn't sound fun at all.
    At least there's no shortage of donors around I would think? Also I hope the adapter isn't a weird shape or anything.
    04-11-17 02:12 AM
    I know a guy who fixed my Z30 Sim tray.. charged me $60 dollars smfh... really don't think it's worth it with this Q10 which costs $110. Might try and negotiate since the Z30 tray was much harder to reach than the Q10

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 02:26 AM
    Shame I didn't even get to use it once. It's very small but feels like a little beast. I notice I type very fast on the keyboard, much faster than the classic. The lighting on the keyboard is very clean compared to the classics as well

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 02:27 AM
    The lighting on the keyboard is very clean compared to the classics as well
    Are you saying that the back lighting is more even in the Q10?
    04-11-17 03:03 AM
    More even and brighter... looks better in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-11-17 05:14 AM
    But with that being said the Q10 isn't on the Classics level. The Classic is really a special phone. The toolbelt and trackpad is amazing. It's probably one of the most underrated features of a smartphone ever

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 05:15 AM
    A few comments.

Although I can't use the Q10 right now as a phone, it's been on WiFi. Some things I've noticed: the OS is running very smoothly (granted, nothing is on the damn phone), I notice when I open a few apps the phone gets pretty warm and even worse there's a burning smell.. very slight but if I sniff close to the keyboard it's there.

The Q10 would be a gem of a phone if the keyboard had capacitive touch. Since the screen is so dang small it would've been perfect. The keyboard might be the best blackberry keyboard I've tried so far and i have the classic, passport, and priv. I haven't tried the Bolds keyboard in forever or any other older BlackBerry so I can't comment

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 12:57 AM
    Pretty stupid of you, man. Especially since you went through the same thing with your Z30.

First of all, you shouldn't use sim adapters and second of all, never try to force it out.

You only have yourself to blame.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 02:22 AM
    I shouldnt use Sim adapters? You really have no choice when your Sim is nano and the phone holds a micro tray lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 04:23 AM
    I shouldnt use Sim adapters? You really have no choice when your Sim is nano and the phone holds a micro tray lol.

Posted via CB10
    When I switched back from my first priv to my Q10 I just inserted the nano in the correct location and it held there just fine. I didn't use an adapter and used the Q10 for another 5 months before I got the priv again. It stayed in just fine and I even dropped it on the carpet a few times. You don't need an adapter.
    04-12-17 09:30 AM
    So ridiculous man.. bought a brand new Q10 for the first time and put the Sim card in with the adapter and it got stuck and I pried it out and obviously is won't read the Sim now... funny because this happen with the Z30 to and I fixed it but the price wasn't worth it..

I'm actually laughing how stupid this was. Didn't even get to use this phone.
    I feel your pain. I did the exact same thing with a brand new Q10. I actually thought it happened because the adapter was not of very high quality. I bought another new Q10, and what is supposed to be the best adapter available, and it happened again! About 6 months ago, I bought two more brand new Q10s, and I now use a nano SIM without an adapter; the SIM tray in the Q10 is so tight that you don't need to use an adapter. I have not had any connectivity issues. It was a tough lesson to learn, but I really like these white Q10s I got more than the black ones anyway.
    04-12-17 01:02 PM
    Hopefully you get it fixed. Im also afraid of breaking my sim slot while switching to/from my passport and using sim adapter.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 02:03 PM
    When I switched back from my first priv to my Q10 I just inserted the nano in the correct location and it held there just fine. I didn't use an adapter and used the Q10 for another 5 months before I got the priv again. It stayed in just fine and I even dropped it on the carpet a few times. You don't need an adapter.
    I did not know you could do this, thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 03:32 PM
    Guys, you don't need an adapter to put a nano sim into a q10. Here is a pic of how you would line up the card (I believe this is a Z10, but same slot style). If for some reason it doesn't seat tight, you can wedge a small piece of business card on top.
    Attached Thumbnails My 5 seconds with the Q10-acc-1-doc-485.jpg  
    04-12-17 03:36 PM
    Wish I knew this before

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 12:40 AM
    > thanks for that post. I tried it on my Z10 and it works. Also, I ordered another Q10 and will try it out.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 05:34 AM
    That is too bad about the sim.

I too have been using an adaptor for sim and switching phones regularly. Got caught in my Q5 once. Used a piece of smooth cardstock to pry it out. Been thinking of adding my q10 to the sim rotation, but it sounds like it would be best to leave the adapter out if I do.

So if one just uses it without the adapter, the nano will set in and come out okay?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 11:37 AM
    I feel your pain. I did the exact same thing with a brand new Q10. I actually thought it happened because the adapter was not of very high quality. I bought another new Q10, and what is supposed to be the best adapter available, and it happened again! About 6 months ago, I bought two more brand new Q10s, and I now use a nano SIM without an adapter; the SIM tray in the Q10 is so tight that you don't need to use an adapter. I have not had any connectivity issues. It was a tough lesson to learn, but I really like these white Q10s I got more than the black ones anyway.
    I have 2 white, one black. Haven't used either with a sim yet. Don't you find the white one more plasticy and slippery?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 11:54 AM
    So if one just uses it without the adapter, the nano will set in and come out okay?

Posted via CB10
    I ordered another Q10 which arrives Monday, I would like this question answered as well.

The gentleman above who showed the pic of the Z10 was right, I tested inserting my nano SIM into the Z10 tray with no adapter and it worked flawlessly. I'm assuming the Q10 would react the same but I'm looking for confirmation. Also, putting the Sim in the tray without the adapter is soooo much easier to do, it was a beeeeech with the adapter. Z10 and Q10 trays are pretty much identical. Obviously don't try this on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 09:52 PM
    Also, I have a real problem using my Blackberrys. I can't just use one. Throughout the day I'll switch between 2-3 devices. Which ever I'm in the mood for I guess, what a sad luxury haha.

Currently rotating Passport SE, Classic, and Z30.

Z30 is such a great phone, the screen alone made me interested in the Q10 since both are super amoled. The keyboard on the Q10 is really really good, can't wait to try it in real world use. And it's an extremely small device for today's standards which I love about it too, the only downfall is the screen is so small so scrolling and such is a bit tricky... imagine a Q10 with capacitive touch keyboard? That would be incredible.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 09:56 PM
    That is too bad about the sim.

I too have been using an adaptor for sim and switching phones regularly. Got caught in my Q5 once. Used a piece of smooth cardstock to pry it out. Been thinking of adding my q10 to the sim rotation, but it sounds like it would be best to leave the adapter out if I do.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. As I mentioned, I moved it back and forth from my q10 a couple times. Easiest to punch it out from the front side (right side in the pic above) with a toothpick, just enough so you have some meat to grab to pull it the rest of the way out
    04-15-17 12:19 PM
    Well that is good to know.

The sim with the adaptor works great with my z30, but got caught twice now with my q5. Was able to get it out again but won't use adapter again with the Q5 nor with the Q10 if I add it to the rotation.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 08:33 AM