Hi -

This is a minor issue but extremely annoying. Lately, I've been using my Q10 as music player as well. It works well. But man.. it plays all "ring tones" I have too! Even ring tones in different folders!!

1. Ringtones should have their own separate / system folder. This folder should be EXCLUDED from music app automatically.

2. Music App should look into some "music" folder only. Any audio files outside of "music" folder should be excluded from music player.

I saved voice-note and music app is playing that voice-note too along with music!!! Voice note is not even saved in same folder as rest of music !!!

Hope this can be fixed quickly!

Thanks
    06-16-13 01:13 AM
    I put my ringtones in the Voice folder and that fixed it for me.
    Ben1232 and Alystair like this.
    06-16-13 08:47 AM
    That was on my Z10 though.
    06-16-13 08:48 AM
    I've noticed this too, rather silly considering how much "thought" was apparently put into the dev't of this OS. As a matter of fact, so many of the little details that made BlackBerry OS what is was are lost.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 08:57 AM
    Can't BlackBerry fix it with a minor app update or something?
    Do we have to wait MONTHS for 10.2 update to get a fix for this?
    06-16-13 11:17 PM
    As Lendo said save your Ringtones in a voice folder - the voice folder ether on your device or on your media card. When you want to select the ring tone for a contact just "browse music" find the folder and your tone. Saving it in a voice file won't include it in the music library.
    Last edited by Oilman73; 06-19-13 at 02:15 AM. Reason: typo
    06-19-13 02:00 AM
    Worked like a charm on my Q10 but it's a really non-obvious solution, cheers

Posted from Q10
    06-19-13 02:10 AM
    As Lendo said save your Ringtones in a voice folder - the voice folder ether on your device or on your media card. When you want to select the ring tone for a contact just "browse music" find the folder and your tone. Saving it in a voice file won't include it in the music library.

Ok so this only works if you don't want to have custom ringtones for specific contacts. You can find your Ringtones for profiles but not contacts. Sorry for the false fix
    06-19-13 11:54 PM
    Couple days go while my Apollo app was playing songs, out of no where, 2 more songs started to play at the same time. So you hear 3 songs mixing with each other. I even paused the Apollo app, but yet the other 2 songs continue to played. This has happened before, I dont know where the other songs are coming from. It's really weird.
    06-20-13 12:46 AM
    Ok so this only works if you don't want to have custom ringtones for specific contacts. You can find your Ringtones for profiles but not contacts. Sorry for the false fix
    Having noticed this soon after I got my phone in late March, I placed my Ringtone and Notification sounds each in separate folders. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue of the music player and I've been so busy trying to understand and resolve other issues that I had moved this one down in priority. Truly agree that this should be an easy fix for the programmers.
    06-20-13 01:00 AM
    Got this from another thread, thanks slagman5

Originally Posted by lezaps
    I have tried lot of stupid stuff, mainly see in *berry forums

One that works :

copy our favorite ringtones in the terminal/misc/android/ringtones folder

first the ringtone will appeared just after blackberry ones

but they are still visible from the music player, nothing perfect !! !

will try harder !
    This actually works, go on your PC and open notepad. With a blank notepad, hit file, and "save as" and under "Save as type:" select "all files" then type in the file name .nomedia (note the period before nomedia) and click "Save"

Now go find that file, and copy it into the separate folder you made for your ringtones. Do this AFTER you set the custom ringtones though. Because after you put this file into that folder, all of those ringtones will not show up in your music player, and will not show up while selecting ringtones for contacts, but they will still work. If you ever need to change ringtones, simply delete that .nomedia file, make your changes, then repeat this process.

It'll take a few minutes for the ringtones to not appear in your music player. So don't get frustrated if you still see them right after doing this...
    07-09-13 01:08 PM
    Hey WhutChaDoin, Did you mean to state create a directory named .nomedia ?? If not please explain further !! Thanks.
    07-09-13 04:18 PM
    Thanks Lendo, my problem was I didn't like seeing them in my music app. I asked @BlackBerryHelp before and gave up because even they didn't know how to fix it.

Does anyone have a problem and the fix for disappearing album covers ?

Posted via my CB Q10
    07-09-13 04:45 PM
    Hey WhutChaDoin, Did you mean to state create a directory named .nomedia ?? If not please explain further !! Thanks.
    no you make a file titled ".nomedia" (without quotes and put it in your ring tone folder, from what I have seen you must move it to access your ringtones though, don't understand how the system then sees them again. I am going to try this when I get to a computer that I can actually plug the Z into. I'm not fully versed in the BB10 media indexer yet, from reading thru a few threads I have seen claims that this works though.
    07-10-13 06:21 PM
    I made a playlist of "Songs I Listen to" so that my ringtones aren't mixed in.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    07-10-13 06:51 PM
    I made a playlist of "Songs I Listen to" so that my ringtones aren't mixed in.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Yes playlists work, but nonetheless the music player still looks to play any mp3 file, including ringtones and notification files regardless of what folder they are in. This should not be the case.
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    07-10-13 08:37 PM
    no you make a file titled ".nomedia" (without quotes and put it in your ring tone folder, from what I have seen you must move it to access your ringtones though, don't understand how the system then sees them again. I am going to try this when I get to a computer that I can actually plug the Z into. I'm not fully versed in the BB10 media indexer yet, from reading thru a few threads I have seen claims that this works though.
    Many thanks OldSkoolVWLover, where exactly did you read up on this topic ??
    07-10-13 08:43 PM
    Sorry mobile right now use the forum search at top of the page. Search for .nomedia that's how I found some threads

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:45 PM
    From what I can tell thus far creating this file in the needed directory with Ghost Commander is working for both ring tones and podcasts to hide them from music player and allow device and bPod to play respectively.

We will see as I go forward if there are any issues, seems to have worked for others too.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 07-11-13 at 08:29 PM.
    07-10-13 11:05 PM
    Almost 24 hours later, music app shows no songs and downloaded a new podcast this morning, plus tones playing correctly all day. I haven't yet tested adding a custom tone to a contact yet, so far everything I have read is working as reported, need to setup the wifes phone next.
    07-11-13 08:31 PM
    Almost 24 hours later, music app shows no songs and downloaded a new podcast this morning, plus tones playing correctly all day. I haven't yet tested adding a custom tone to a contact yet, so far everything I have read is working as reported, need to setup the wifes phone next.
    OldSkoolVWLover; I can't seem to create a folder with a "." in front of nomedia ?!! What did you do exactly to create a .nomedia file??
    07-11-13 08:55 PM
    Just did it on wifes phone to test again, no need to create a folder. Go into the folder you already have the items you don't want to show up in music player and make a new file titled. .nomusic if I get a chance I can try to get some screen caps tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:10 PM
    That would be great, a few step showing the process would help me tremendously. Like I said earlier, I'm not able to create a filename that starts with a "." !! So am very curious what you did to allow that !! Again thanks for your help.
    07-12-13 12:06 AM
    That would be great, a few step showing the process would help me tremendously. Like I said earlier, I'm not able to create a filename that starts with a "." !! So am very curious what you did to allow that !! Again thanks for your help.
    Think I've got all the screen shots I need. Just so you know this does kill using anything but default ringtones for individual contacts (at least in the one test I have been able to perform). Hopefully will have the how-to written up some time today (I am PST so it's still morning here).
    Norg likes this.
    07-12-13 12:31 PM
    My write up, I will further test the tone for specific contact, as I have seen a claim that it will work. So that may get some updated instruction.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...ic-app-828091/
    07-12-13 04:17 PM
26 12