Hello Everyone!

I just moved to South Korea last April 11th, 2015.
    I came from Manila, Philippines and I have a BBQ10 (SQN100-3).
    I am on Globe Telecom (PH Network) - I have activated my roaming 24 hours before my flight.
    Now when I arrived, my phone didn't have a signal, or get connected to SK Telecom.

Regarding the SIM
    - Worked on Roaming before (South Korea, Poland, UAE, China, Oman, to name a few).
    - Prepaid : Has sufficient load for Roaming
    - Roaming Activation done before my arrival
    (Used to use a Nokia E72)

Using the Blackberry Q10
    I was able to use my Roaming when I was in San Francisco, CA, and in Hong Kong.

Technical Steps Done
    - Followed Home Network Tech Steps (Switch Off/On) and Take Out the Battery & SIM
    - Tried 4G/3G/2G ; 4G/3G ; 3G/2G ; 3G ; and 2G on Automatic & Manual
    - Spoke with Home Network : Roaming is Activated.
    - Did Tech Steps
    = None Worked

Sorry for the lengthy post. I am working now under the assumption that:
    - My Home Network is OK
    - SK Telecom is OK
    - My BBQ10 is not compatible here.

Looking forward to anyone's two-cents worth.
    04-18-15 10:49 PM
    Check the stickies :
    Ask your roaming network if these frequences are OK.
    Gaigokujin 10 likes this.
    04-19-15 11:53 AM
    My own BB10 devices worked OK when I was in Seoul. I did have to wait about 10 minutes for everything to work and settle in.

Is your device unlocked? If so - is there a way to temporarily try a local SIM to see if that works?
    04-19-15 11:58 AM
    Thanks guys for replying to this thread.

Joshu42 : My home network confirms the frequencies
    WArcher : My phone is locked. Home Network confirms that SK Telecom is their South Korean partner, so there should be no problem at all.
    04-20-15 05:36 AM
    never trust globe... poor service (especially customer service) is just one of the problems you'll experience on a regular basis. then again, consider yourself lucky since it's prepaid.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:47 AM
    For what it is worth, when I oversaw our operations in Korea and was in-country for 5 to 10 days a month, I had to submit my SQN100-3 for testing. Yes, that is correct, testing.

When I was roaming, visiting the country using a non-Korean SIM, everything worked fine. However, when I took a contract with SK Telecom with a pay as I go SIM, nothing worked. On investigation by my assistant, it seems for security reasons, if the phone is not "verified" by a Korean telecom, the phone is blocked.

So, my suggestion is, take the phone to your provider, and it has to be an actual provider office/shop, with a service department. You, or in my case, my assistant, completed the paperwork, which included all types of dire warnings about accepting no responsibility for damage, loss, etc. and requiring up to 30 days. In my case, the phone was returned the next day and has worked ever since. Note, I have three Q's operating, and ONLY the phone that has been verified with work with the Korean SIM.

Just my experience.
    04-20-15 07:01 PM
    Hello Everyone.

Just an update. For some reason my phone got an SK Signal. My Roaming now works. I tried to do a Manual Network search using 3G (from 4G/3G/2G). Lo and behold, it just started working. Thank you guys for taking the time to answer this thread.
    scottdpreece likes this.
    04-23-15 09:38 AM