It's not sensible to point out the physical Keyboard the main point of the Q10 is it's physical Keyboard! There is a real demand for physical keyboard, also the point of a lack of applications is also nonesense, BB 10 is too new to state this fact, there are still many applications coming to the platform at the time i'm writing
    for me, the article has a lot of valid points - time will tell and as much I�m awaiting the release of the Q10, it will remain a very special phone for very special people ;-) and it is not intended to compete in the mass market with all the other full touch / big screens out there.

physical keyboard is loosing ground, even at die hard BB fans, consumer likes media-enabled devices and touch. And to be honest, the communication / information from Blackberry about facts and features of the Q10 is not gold standard ...

1. There�s a physical keyboard - FACT!

2. Smaller screen - FACT!

3. Is BlackBerry 10 for consumers or enterprise users? - QUESTION / OPINION

4. Mum�s the word - FACT!

5. The Z10 is coming first - FACT!

6. A new Galaxy S is coming - FACT!

7. So is a new iPhone - FACT!

8. A scrunched down software experience - OPINION

9. A lack of apps - FACT!

10. It�s already the other BlackBerry - OPINION

so - should he been bashed for the facts or his opinion - please advice... ;-(

Chris
    03-20-13 02:47 PM
    ......it has a physical keyboard... Least intelligent critique ever. This moron doesn't realize that there is still a huge clientele who still likes a physical keyboard and by my impression, covers a wide age group and types of users.

On the contrary, it will be one of the few remaining options to offer a keyboard (and an excellent one too), not to mention a battery life that will shame nearly all phones, thanks to the smaller screen.

Post this article on twitter? Nah. No need to give him attention.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-24-13 08:15 AM
    for me, the article has a lot of valid points - time will tell and as much I�m awaiting the release of the Q10, it will remain a very special phone for very special people ;-) and it is not intended to compete in the mass market with all the other full touch / big screens out there.

physical keyboard is loosing ground, even at die hard BB fans, consumer likes media-enabled devices and touch. And to be honest, the communication / information from Blackberry about facts and features of the Q10 is not gold standard ...

1. There�s a physical keyboard - FACT!

2. Smaller screen - FACT!

3. Is BlackBerry 10 for consumers or enterprise users? - QUESTION / OPINION

4. Mum�s the word - FACT!

5. The Z10 is coming first - FACT!

6. A new Galaxy S is coming - FACT!

7. So is a new iPhone - FACT!

8. A scrunched down software experience - OPINION

9. A lack of apps - FACT!

10. It�s already the other BlackBerry - OPINION

so - should he been bashed for the facts or his opinion - please advice... ;-(

Chris
    Saying the new iPhone and Galaxyis coming out so don't buy the Z10 is like saying the new Prius and Silverado are going on sale soon. Why would you ever buy a jeep now?

Fail logic.
    nickthebold likes this.
    03-25-13 07:11 PM
    Saying the new iPhone and Galaxyis coming out so don't buy the Z10 is like saying the new Prius and Silverado are going on sale soon. Why would you ever buy a jeep now?

Fail logic.
    I like the way you think, and its so true
    03-25-13 07:57 PM

Fail logic.
    Fail reply.

The article first in this thread is dealing with the Q10 and, behind my short aggregated headline the author stated:

"There is even more trouble for the Q10 on the horizon because it’s going to be facing off with SEVERAL MAJOR COMPETITORS. Chief among them might just be the Galaxy S IV from Samsung. That device, which is likely to launch around the same time as the Q10, will likely lead all Android handsets in sales....

As if that’s not enough, BlackBerry will have to fight with the iPhone to get customers attention."

Summary: Q10 will have a hard time to gain customer attraction (and by that, I don�t mean fanboy sales from us keyboard diehards...) even harder as the Z10 launch and it HAS to compete with, at least 3 hard competitors: iPhone 5 / SG IV / HTC One and to possible competitors: Z10 and iPhone 5s (whatever).

These points might not be valid for people, who buy new technology instantly without contract, but most people buy and use their phone without consulting an crackberry rep... ;-)
    03-26-13 02:48 AM
    Blackberry is doomed, DOOOOOOOMED....
    03-26-13 04:12 AM
    Isn't this the same Don Reisinger from CNET that loves to blast Blackberry?
    03-26-13 04:38 AM
    don�t no, but if, wasn�t he proven right in the past? judging the success for BB10 / Z10 is a little early, needs a few more month to grow...

Chris
    03-26-13 06:19 AM
    Possibly. It's from eWeek, part of ZiffDavis, which used to be associated with C|Net.

I can't keep up with who owns who these days. Apparently ZiffDavis sold off part of their publishing business to C|Net/CBS Interactive, but retained some other part. Now ZiffDavis has apparently been sold to the same people that run Jfax.
    03-26-13 08:29 AM
    The average yearly salary in Indonesia is $1,420 ( reported) and a Z10 costs $722. BB's are popular in Indonesia because of BBM which I understand can be provided under a plan for as little as 20 cents a day. I am sure there are rich Indonesians that can afford such devices and look on the Z10 as a status symbol ... but that is not BB's traditional market in Indonesia thus far. They need a touch phone that sells in the $150 - $200 range is my guess. It could be that BB has adopted the Apple strategy of leaving the cheap phone market to Android's, BBOS and Nokia's own OS phones. It works for Apple but I am not sure it can work for BB to only be " a player" in the premium phone market.
    The R series is being tested here. Respected MSRP will be USD 300-400 for the first launching even and will reach USD 250-300 in mature and steady state condition. See LhaIni.com for the first source (in Indonesia) and BlackBerryempire.com in English.

Sent from My White Z10
    04-04-13 06:21 PM
    This is the source

http://lhaini.com/blog/blackberry-10...suk-indonesia/

Sent from My White Z10
    04-04-13 06:23 PM
    I for one love the small screen! In fact that's what attracted me to the phone in the first place plus qwerty key board. Look the bottom line is its all about individuality I think it's funny as **** when people say that blackberry sux if you don't like it don't use it its all a matter of opinion. The phones these days are really getting stupid with the 10' screens(sarcasm) to me in my opinion the small screen is where it's at,I for one can't wait til the q10 comes out!
    04-05-13 02:58 PM
    whatever....from a website that looks like it's from 1999.
    04-06-13 01:34 PM
    whatever....from a website that looks like it's from 1999.
    It's a sticker from the back side of the phone. Believe it or not.

Sent from My White Z10
    04-06-13 05:06 PM
    was that site made using geo cities ? haha just playin
    04-06-13 05:12 PM
    Some should quote them to deny page hits there. I'm not adding to it.
    Here ya go. No need to give them the satisfaction of page hits now.

Quote:
    BlackBerry Q10 Isn't the Smartphone to Buy: 10 Reasons Why

Posted on Wednesday Mar 13th 2013 by Don Reisinger.*Filed under:*MobileNEWS ANALYSIS: The BlackBerry Q10 is the direct successor to a long line of once-popular keyboard-based mobile phones. But it won�t be worth buying.The world of BlackBerry is on the precipice of, well, something. If one asks folks at BlackBerry headquarters where the company is headed, they�ll say it�s to bigger and better things.Those who aren�t so sure that BlackBerry is living in reality will look at the company�s latest announcements and product introductions and say that it�s still stuck on a path to obscurity for a possible rendezvous with extinction. The debate over where BlackBerry is headed and what we can all expect is decidedly a tough one to handicap.But as BlackBerry prepares to start selling its Z10 touch-screen phone in the United States, it�s time to put focus on which of the new BlackBerry models are worth buying. The BlackBerry Q10, which was announced at BlackBerry�s late-January event, has all but gone missing in action. However, there are still some potential customers, especially those enterprise users who have used BlackBerry products for years, who are wondering if the Q10 with a physical keyboard is one they should wait on.For those people, let�s make it simple: no, don�t wait. The future is in touch-screens and high-end hardware. And unfortunately for BlackBerry, the Q10 just doesn�t deliver.Read on to find out why no one should want to buy the BlackBerry Q10:1. There�s a physical keyboardIn a nod to its longtime customers, BlackBerry built a physical QWERTY keyboard into the Q10. Although that might excite some customers who say a physical keyboard is better, it causes all kinds of trouble for developers who want to get their apps to work across the entire platform as well as on other phone makers� models. Plus physical keyboard is losing its value to customers around the world. That�s bad news for the Q10.2. Smaller screenIn a world where HTC, Samsung and Apple are all delivering big displays, it�s somewhat surprising that BlackBerry is only offering a 3.1-inch screen in the Q10. The company�s touch-screen-equipped Z10 has a 4.2-inch display. Considering Samsung is expected to unveil a Galaxy S IV with a 5-inch screen,*the Q10�s will look awfully small in comparison.3. Is BlackBerry 10 for consumers or enterprise users?BlackBerry has painted itself into a very dangerous corner. The company is well-known as an enterprise service provider, but at its BlackBerry 10 event, in which the Q10 was unveiled, it couldn�t quite answer a simple question: is the operating system, BlackBerry 10, along with its handsets, designed for enterprise users or consumers? So far, BlackBerry hasn�t answered that question. And the Q10 is in no man�s land hoping for an answer (and eventually, some customers).4. Mum�s the wordSince the Q10 isn�t available yet, the Z10 has been taking center stage in all of BlackBerry�s marketing efforts. But that�s a problem. The Q10 is the device that old-time BlackBerry fans really want to know about. And so far, BlackBerry hasn�t said much. That silence on the device has to concern these potential customers.NEWS ANALYSIS: The BlackBerry Q10 is the direct successor to a long line of once-popular keyboard-based mobile phones. But it won�t be worth buying.5. The Z10 is coming firstThe*Z10 is arguably one of the biggest issues standing in the way of Q10 sales. The Z10 has sold rather well in Canada and other markets and is now on its way to the U.S. The Q10 is its less-appealing brother that no one has heard from in a long time. The Z10, in other words, is stealing the Q10�s thunder. And that�s bad news.6. A new Galaxy S is comingThere is even more trouble for the Q10 on the horizon because it�s going to be facing off with several major competitors. Chief among them might just be the Galaxy S IV from Samsung. That device, which is likely to launch around the same time as the Q10, will likely lead all Android handsets in sales. The device will also make most other products�including the Q10�look bad in comparison.7. So is a new iPhoneAs if that�s not enough,*BlackBerry will have to fight with the iPhone to get customers attention. Apple and Samsung have combined to generate all of the profits in the smartphone market these days. Since both companies are launching new products this year, how can they really be expected to lose that? Watch out, BlackBerry.8. A scrunched down software experienceAs noted, the BlackBerry Q10 comes with a 3.1-inch screen, while the Z10�s display is more than an inch larger. What that means is the software experience on the Q10 is scrunched down. That makes the device a bit less user-friendly and it�s an issue that can�t be overlooked.9. A lack of appsApps are extremely important. And yet, according to recent reports, several prominent companies, including Netflix, have decided to not offer a native application for BlackBerry 10. That�s a huge problem for the Q10. Customers need to know that when they buy a product, they�re getting something that works will all of the applications they like. That�s not happening with BlackBerry 10.10. It�s already the*other*BlackBerryIn order for the Q10 needs to be viewed as a top-of-the-line, must-have product if it is going to generate enough sales to be profitable. But even at the BlackBerry 10 unveiling event, BlackBerry acted like it was the*other*device�the product that, against its better judgment, it had to offer to placate its old customers. It�s sad that BlackBerry is treating the Q10 like a poor stepchild because it means that buyers will ignore it too.
    04-06-13 11:40 PM
    Not sure why my cut and paste made that such a jumbled mess but if you feeling reading it without causing more page with to the site it's there.

Oh and thanks OP for the article. It was a good laugh.
    I for 1 am looking forward to getting back to a REAL keyboard. Tired of the touch-screen typing world we live in.
    04-06-13 11:42 PM
    I don't think that Q10 is the second class of BlackBerry 10 flagship. Based on what I feel, the keyboard will give you faster tying than any other touchscreen smartphones.

Soft and accurate for the keyboard, better than 9900 if I can say that. Tap n Go will bring you different experience over tying onto physical keyboard.

3.1 inch of touchscreen display is not the end of the world. Websites displayed well though you need to scroll further to reach the end line.

That's what I feel and experience with Q10. If I have enough budget, I want Q10 to replace my ONYX 1 (9700).

Sent from My White Z10
    04-07-13 06:01 AM
68 123