Just noting that on a couple occasions, when I lose an internet connection, the only way to reconnect is to turn phone off then on (but I didn't try turning off and on Mobile Network or Data Services).

Anyway, is this normal behavior that sometimes you have to reboot the Q10 to get stuff working again? My feeling is that this happens to all phones and not even the Q10 is immune from having to do this on occasion.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:07 AM
    Just noting that on a couple occasions, when I lose an internet connection, the only way to reconnect is to turn phone off then on (but I didn't try turning off and on Mobile Network or Data Services).

Anyway, is this normal behavior that sometimes you have to reboot the Q10 to get stuff working again? My feeling is that this happens to all phones and not even the Q10 is immune from having to do this on occasion.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't happened to me yet...Are you on leaked OS? If yes, i would suggest going back to stock OS temporarily. If it happens on stock OS, then you should change the phone. If not - you blame the leak.
    07-08-13 07:18 AM
    Nope this is not a leaked OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:34 AM
    Nope this is not a leaked OS.

Posted via CB10
    Are you on Windows or on Mac. If Windows, then what is the version?
    07-08-13 07:36 AM
    My parking parkade downstairs is like a dead cave and there's zero signal. But then the cell signal comes back automatically no need to reboot!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:47 AM
    Using 10.1.0.2011 for Verizon. Like I said before, this has only happened a couple times and I am usually able to reconnect normally

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:59 AM
    I'm sure it's an os issue perhaps the next update for you will fix that issue?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hasn't happened to me yet (where I had to do a reboot); I am on Verizon as well. Hmm... It could be OS but it could also be ISP issues as well as carrier issues/signal in your area.

Try messing a bit with the settings and see if you have something toggled...
    07-09-13 02:17 PM
    Happened again. Turning Mobile Network on and off did the trick. Hoping an OS update will resolve this.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 05:58 PM
    Happened again. Turning Mobile Network on and off did the trick. Hoping an OS update will resolve this.

Posted via CB10
    Go to mobile network and see if you are on 'Global'.

Don't do GSM or CDMA, leave it as global.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-09-13 06:12 PM
    It was on Global. I had actually just changed the setting to LTE/CDMA to see if that would resolve it

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 06:23 PM
    I just changed it back to Global because I had done a modification using escreen so that I can keep it limited to 3G. It has to be Global. Maybe the fact that I did this has affected it somehow. The reason I did this is that I've read that 4G/LTE consumes more battery power

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 06:41 PM
    I just changed it back to Global because I had done a modification using escreen so that I can keep it limited to 3G. It has to be Global. Maybe the fact that I did this has affected it somehow. The reason I did this is that I've read that 4G/LTE consumes more battery power

Posted via CB10
    4G consumes more battery, but these phones were designed with that in mind. It's not necessarily having 4G on that wastes more battery, but more specifically, it's what you're doing with it. For example, if I browse using 4G on the broser (device's most battery consuming app) of course it will waste more battery. From 3G to 4G, battery drainage depends on the signal as well. My iPhone 4S would drain about 10-15 % on standby in some of my classrooms in high school... that's only on 3G Btw (iPhone)

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-09-13 09:14 PM
    This issue with the mobile network not letting me browse or sync seems to be sporadic. Turning off and on the mobile network gets it working again. Something is resetting when doing this. Anybody else having this issue yet?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 10:03 AM