Hey guys,

A friend of mine is having an issue. She got a Q10 last month which seems a bit glitchy. She initially transferred her old memory card right into the Q10 and it kept telling her that the memory card had issues and to go into setings to format the card. The issue is that when you go into settings it appears that the card isn't even being recognized by the phone. It works perfectly in my Z10.

She purchased a new, 16 GB card and it's doing the same thing. The odd thing about this is that the phone still stores pictures on the card but she's unable to use USB mass storage or anything like that. Up until yesterday she could see thumbnails of the photos stored on the card but couldn't open any of them on the phone.

I'm going to try a security swipe to see if this will help and had a question: is there a way to save her BBMs and text messages prior to doing the swipe??

Thanks for your help!
    07-05-13 11:34 AM
    Hey guys,

A friend of mine is having an issue. She got a Q10 last month which seems a bit glitchy. She initially transferred her old memory card right into the Q10 and it kept telling her that the memory card had issues and to go into setings to format the card. The issue is that when you go into settings it appears that the card isn't even being recognized by the phone. It works perfectly in my Z10.

She purchased a new, 16 GB card and it's doing the same thing. The odd thing about this is that the phone still stores pictures on the card but she's unable to use USB mass storage or anything like that. Up until yesterday she could see thumbnails of the photos stored on the card but couldn't open any of them on the phone.

I'm going to try a security swipe to see if this will help and had a question: is there a way to save her BBMs and text messages prior to doing the swipe??

Thanks for your help!
    I had this same problem. Reformat the card in the a computer, ntsf or fat, then reformat in the phone.
    07-05-13 12:05 PM
    can i reformat the card with the phone plugged into the pc??
    07-05-13 12:16 PM