I have a 32GB SD card in my Q10. The SD card contains one backup folder, and then about 4,000 songs. When I connect the phone to the computer, BB Link opens up, but My Computer freezes when I want to access the phone and card as drives. When the "drives" do show up, they appear under "network connections" instead of "removable storage."

If I leave it alone, it'll take about 15 minutes to see all 4,000 songs on every computer that I've tried it on. When I want to put music onto or take music off of the card, it will try to build the entire list every time one file is copied.

If I remove the card from the phone and put it into a card reader, each computer will see the entire contents of the card immediately. I do NOT want to remove the card every time I want to transfer music or other files. I don't want it to become worn out and unreadable.

Note that the card also works smoothly within the phone, and all files load immediately. Is BB Link affecting how my computer accesses the card? Is there a reason the card/phone are showing up under network? Can I access the phone and card as drag and drop drives if I disable BB Link?
    04-08-14 06:22 AM
    So from what I understand from your narrative, you use BB Link to manage your music? Why not just plug in your phone and drag and drop the folders and individual songs on your card like it is a removable drive? That way it is much faster and whatever is on the card does not have to be copied over each time.
    04-08-14 06:37 AM
    Did you turn on usb mass mode in the settings?
    bigballofyarn likes this.
    04-08-14 06:38 AM
    As the previous poster said, use USB Mass Storage to make your Q10's SD Card appear as a USB drive. Alternatively, if your computer has a SD card slot, remove the microSD card and insert it to a microSD to SD adapter - then insert it to your SD card slot.

You can find the setting here.
    Media transfer from SD card - SLOW-img_20140408_191707.png
    Media transfer from SD card - SLOW-img_20140408_191712.png

Posted via CB10
    bigballofyarn likes this.
    04-08-14 07:20 AM
    So from what I understand from your narrative, you use BB Link to manage your music? Why not just plug in your phone and drag and drop the folders and individual songs on your card like it is a removable drive? That way it is much faster and whatever is on the card does not have to be copied over each time.
    I don't use BB Link for anything (except backups). I described that I can't drag and drop.

As the previous poster said, use USB Mass Storage to make your Q10's SD Card appear as a USB drive. Alternatively, if your computer has a SD card slot, remove the microSD card and insert it to a microSD to SD adapter - then insert it to your SD card slot.
    Did you turn on usb mass mode in the settings?
    I think I completely missed that option entirely. You both nailed it. Problem solved. Thank you!
    04-08-14 07:54 AM
    Wow, my speeds went from 400KB/s to 5.5MB/s with UMS. Over 10x faster!

Sucks that Link doesn't work now, so will have to find another way to sync music. But I always forget to sync the music anyway.
    02-04-15 01:32 PM