Who is Martha Stewart ? I am from the UK and never heard of the old bird!
    Someone who made a career out of cooking other birds until she became a jail bird. Since then her fame has faded......
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-18-14 07:20 PM
    Yes, she is no tech expert which is even more so why it should be taken seriously. The whole reason why BlackBerry is in this state that it is because things did not become what consumer wanted, and regardless with any products, you need mass to grow. If no people are holding your phones, it can be the best but no one will know about it.

Majority of the people are just typical phone users, and that's why BlackBerry should pay attention to it. These are people who won't come to Crackberry for an answer, they will just go to the store and tell that "my phone is broken", i'm going to buy another "model of choice" because they have the resources to do so.
    bbhuh, 21stNow, nt300 and 1 others like this.
    01-18-14 07:26 PM
    Do people really want BlackBerry to be like other phones? If BlackBerry became like the iPhone, I would just use an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and nt300 like this.
    01-18-14 07:28 PM
    I think she brings up a few valid points.

For the general consumer the iphone is the best device out there. It has all the fancy apps, its easy to use and the size is good. No other platform is like it.

The email thing is debatable depending on the email service you use. BIS is fantastic for some services. Push email support was better all around. The lack of folder and EAS support where drawbacks that with BB10 no longer exist though. BB10 email is like on iOS and Android now which I think is good since i use email services that cater to activesync and such.

Honestly her opinion is just like many others, meaningless for some and shared by others. What matters for YOU is something that everyone has to figure out and go with
    When you say the "general consumer" thinks iPhone is the best device out there, then how do you explain Samsung phones out selling iPhones? I hope you do realise the world is more than the USA. No offence.
    moyah8 likes this.
    01-18-14 07:54 PM
    Is Martha still relevant? SMH.
    01-18-14 07:59 PM
    Exactly. Was she ever?
    Is Martha still relevant? SMH.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 08:15 PM
    I think that this is how bad comments are spread about BlackBerry and coming from TechCrunch... people talk to each other and the **** spreads from the top...

Posted via CB10. My channel pin: C001D4FB8 is on HP Nearline Storage
    01-18-14 08:28 PM
    who would ever do WHAT to a BlackBerry? make it awesome? lol and by a BlackBerry i'm guessing she's talking about BBOS legacy phones, i'm sure she doesn't even know about what BB10 is, hence her displeasure. Let her rot with her iWhat and Samhung.
    01-18-14 08:30 PM
    meh..her opinion doesn't change how I feel about my Q10 one bit. I mean I like BBOS and all, but it was time for a change, and I really like the BB10 OS, and wouldn't want to revert back.
    01-18-14 08:32 PM
    It's hilarious to read how she gets pounced on for having bad hair, not being able to find a photo on her Android, having been in prison, the fact that she isn't a wizard at tech stuff only because she doesn't like our beloved Q10. Are we really supposed to say that anyone that has bad hair or has been in prison has no right to not like a BlackBerry? She's totally right. Long time BlackBerry users that are not into the latest and greatest tech stuff and don't hang out at Crackberry, were for the most part disappointed with the new OS and phones. I don't think she said anything new or shocking or surprising. Many people have been saying what she said for a year now.
    01-18-14 08:35 PM
    Trashes BlackBerry Q10...Then takes 15 years to get to the picture she took on her smartwatch and ends up taking 2 pictures of a guys shoe in the process. People like this are why there are murderers in this world.
    01-18-14 08:51 PM
    Martha who?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 08:52 PM
    Are those smart watches really that big? I've never seen one first hand. It looks like a Christmas tree ornament in her wrist.
    Last edited by byex; 01-19-14 at 01:50 AM.
    01-18-14 09:15 PM
    I ended with a question...I don't need attenton Collinc93...my point seems to have come across clearly... people are not satisfied with the Q10 ...sure Martha is not the best poster child for the product, but her company was one of the first to adapt to BES10 if I am not mistaken....

I have owned 20 Blackberry's and the Q10 I still have issues.... all that have been covered many times on the forums.
    01-18-14 09:16 PM
    I can honestly say that I have no desire to have one of those smart watches. I really don't see the point..just my opinion though.
    01-18-14 09:20 PM
    She's a billionaire, money earned from having a career, starting her own business. How is your career panning out?
    Oh really.......

Hmmmmm........ let's see, if I married well connected men with money who introduced me to the elite and threw money at my business to make it work and I had basic cooking and decorating skills to start off I'm sure with a little determination and some insider trading later on to help out I could make it work.

Oh and she's not a billionaire. But still very well off, not sure how liquid she is but still has leverage.
    01-18-14 09:24 PM
    Your point is clear...it's just not accurate. It's your opinion. Many people love their Q10. I am one of them. And I have had far more than 20 legacy devices.
    I ended with a question...I don't need attenton Collinc93...my point seems to have come across clearly... people are not satisfied with the Q10 ...sure Martha is not the best poster child for the product, but her company was one of the first to adapt to BES10 if I am not mistaken....

I have owned 20 Blackberry's and the Q10 I still have issues.... all that have been covered many times on the forums.

Posted via CB10
    deptech likes this.
    01-18-14 09:51 PM
    I can see why some people don't like it. But there's two problems with this. 1- Martha Stewart.
    Fixed that for you
    01-18-14 09:53 PM
    She calls it's a disaster however she uses it so it not that bad. Not even sure what her complaint was.
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-18-14 10:09 PM
    It's hilarious to read how she gets pounced on for having bad hair, not being able to find a photo on her Android, having been in prison, the fact that she isn't a wizard at tech stuff only because she doesn't like our beloved Q10. Are we really supposed to say that anyone that has bad hair or has been in prison has no right to not like a BlackBerry? She's totally right. Long time BlackBerry users that are not into the latest and greatest tech stuff and don't hang out at Crackberry, were for the most part disappointed with the new OS and phones. I don't think she said anything new or shocking or surprising. Many people have been saying what she said for a year now.
    she didn't say anything just whined.
    01-18-14 10:12 PM
    The Q10 is definitely more productive for some people. No more hour glass...no more freezing. No more having to copy and paste to the calendar.

And then there is that whole 4G thing.

I had 7 9900's and I don't miss any of them.

Posted via CB10
    I was obviously saying that the new OS helped to offset the less productive hardware.

Reading comprehension, people.
    01-18-14 10:13 PM
    Typing on the Q just takes some getting used to. I like it better than the 9900, which I had from the day it was released in the US until Christmas.

I think she just hasn't figured out how to use bb10. There is a learning curve. I don't see her as the type of person to watch YT how to Videos and hang out on Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I can type much better on my Q10 than I could on my 9900 and previous.. I would say her biggest problem is that she just doesn't really understand how to use it fully.
    01-18-14 10:21 PM
    An iPhone is not the best smartphone phone out. The issue is people are uneducated, most don't even know BB10 exists. BB10 represents the future of Mobility. iOS may be simplistic, but in no way does it have the ability to launch the future in mobile technology.

She has a right to her opinion, but I am getting sick of the BBRY bashing especially how she doesn't bash the S4 where she should have. There's a double standard here.

The Q10 looks sharp, and typing on it takes getting used to, but once you get the feel, you won't want to go back to the BOLD.
    01-18-14 10:22 PM
    Martha Stewart?? Wait, why do we care what this crazy woman thinks? Honestly, I would hate her endorsement more than her trashing it. Not saying anything about how it would affect sales or anything, just my own personal opinion about her...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-18-14 10:36 PM
    Is Martha Stewart still relevant?
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    01-18-14 10:37 PM
356 12345 ...