So for the past 2 days my maps wouldn't work! Every time i tried to get the route to a location, i kept getting error message saying that it could not find my location, it was soo damn frustrating. Then i came across a thread that blamed it on poynt. I didn't get how poynt would be to blame, but i thought i would delete it and see what happened. I deleted poynt, didn't even bother doing a restart, went to maps, pulled up address and bam! No problem getting route, gps worked perfectly!

Wtf poynt!? What gives, why can i not have poynt without it messing up my gps on my maps?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:01 PM
    So for the past 2 days my maps wouldn't work! Every time i tried to get the route to a location, i kept getting error message saying that it could not find my location, it was soo damn frustrating. Then i came across a thread that blamed it on poynt. I didn't get how poynt would be to blame, but i thought i would delete it and see what happened. I deleted poynt, didn't even bother doing a restart, went to maps, pulled up address and bam! No problem getting route, gps worked perfectly!

Wtf poynt!? What gives, why can i not have poynt without it messing up my gps on my maps?

Posted via CB10
    Had a similar issue with Poynt, however I reloaded Poynt now and all is well. Something to do with the code in the Ported app maybe.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:04 PM
    I've been having lots of issues with Maps on my Q10. When it fails, I do a restart (push and hold the lock button on the top, then push the restart in the bottom right corner of the screen). After the restart, it has worked as it should about 7 out of 8 times. Without a restart first, it works 1 out of 15 times. Make sure you 'end' the navigation before you exit the app, or it definitely won't work the next time. Just my personal experience so far. Maps & speed dial are my biggest gripes with the Q10. Aside from that.... lovin it.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:02 PM
    Weird, after deleting poynt, my maps works perfect, not one issue, in fact, I'm using it more than my built in gps in my car lol, i just find that the voice prompts are a little much, i don't know how to get the voice to shut up, i life the traffic congestion updates on it as well

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:44 AM
    To get the voice to shut up, slide your thumb down from the top of the screen, click settings, click navigation audio, click 'tone only'. This gets rid of the voice, and just makes a tone when your turn is coming up. Still talks to you when you are approaching traffic, which is a good thing. I say click, but it really doesn't click anymore with the touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:25 PM