What issues are you having with your trackpad and back buttons? Mine are so smooth, feels like glass. They made them really small too. Can't even see them.
    Henry Jr and BBPandy like this.
    10-02-13 09:07 AM
    Why would you need to broadcast a group? If you write a BBM to the group, how is that different from broadcasting to a group? Maybe I don't understand what broadcasting is...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:54 AM
    What "problems"? Mostly lack of willingness on part of new owners to bother to learn or change. The Q is a superior piece of hardware running a "next-generation" OS that is steadily being built out and improved

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    I agree, I have no problems with my Q10 - the only problem I do have is when trying something out on my husband's Galaxy S3 or my brother's Curve 9320 or one of my older BlackBerrys' is that I automatically use gestures/swiping and it just doesn't work lol
    I am still amazed when people say their Q10s' don't work.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 10:53 AM
    Most of these things relate to comparison with BlackBerry os7. Maybe better called things you bought a BlackBerry for because you knew android and ios weren't much good at. To your surprise BlackBerry os10 ain't that good at it either?
    Only fault I've had is the lost contacts: seems to be to do with when sinc-ing contacts from multiple sources: linked in/facebook/gmail some link together, some go missing. Some show twice or thrice. Took me ten min to sort out. Other faults I had were all sorted with 10.1 maintenance release. There are of course omissions when compared to bbos7 which is another subject

( 1 x shift ) !~ /^1?$|^(11+?)\1+$/
    BBPandy likes this.
    10-02-13 11:26 AM
    The device is full of operational defects and dysfuntctions.

Some of them will get fixed over time.

Some are structural.

The fact that the device bears so little resemblance to Blackberry's tried and true functional evolution is a big disappointment.

These devices are supposed to be a productivity tool. Instead of taking the last version and retaining all the good while making things better, they forgot their roots and what you have is. Ahodge pdge of a little of this and a little of that -- and it doesn't come together for tried and true Blackberry fans. Obviously, it doesn come together for most people as the product is DOA.

Posted via CB10
    ok SoxFan, enough already. Get a legacy device and go hang out in one of those forums. We understand that there are issues with the new hardware and OS but saying that it bears so little resemblance to BlackBerry's tried and true functional evolution is a bit much.. Better yet, buy a different device from a different manufacturer and go to a different community altogether.
    tempered and rthonpm like this.
    10-02-13 12:56 PM
    You all may not like SoxFan's tone, but his points are mostly correct. BB10 is plagued with software bugs.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:10 PM
    +1 re: trackpad and back buttons being smooth, so tiny you can't see'm and wrking great! LOL

10-02-13 01:13 PM
    You all may not like SoxFan's tone, but his points are mostly correct. BB10 is plagued with software bugs.

Posted via CB10
    Not that me or my daughter have experienced.

10-02-13 01:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    My issue isn't with SoxFan's tone, my issue is with the fact that SoxFan want's a legacy device with the BIS and other legacy functions. BB10 is not the legacy OS, it is a new OS that, yes, has many issues to be worked out still and was, at best, half baked at release but there are also lots of aspects to the OS that many people find to be quite useful and enjoyable. SoxFan doesn't want a Q10 so I'm simply suggesting that it be replaced with a legacy device and the constant nagging posts about how BB10 is nothing like the legacy system and ignores all the users and not at all what anyone wants can stop any time now. Clearly there are many users who do want the devices and do like the new OS. If you don't like it, that's fine. You've made your point and are just being argumentative at this point.
    tempered likes this.
    10-02-13 02:33 PM
    Makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 02:35 PM
    Why would you need to broadcast a group? If you write a BBM to the group, how is that different from broadcasting to a group? Maybe I don't understand what broadcasting is...

Posted via CB10
    Great, try to "write a message" to a group. (12 used to call that broadcasting. It can no longer be done.

Posted via CBQ10
    10-02-13 04:24 PM
    My issue isn't with SoxFan's tone, my issue is with the fact that SoxFan want's a legacy device with the BIS and other legacy functions. BB10 is not the legacy OS, it is a new OS that, yes, has many issues to be worked out still and was, at best, half baked at release but there are also lots of aspects to the OS that many people find to be quite useful and enjoyable....Clearly there are many users who do want the devices and do like the new OS.
    I've never said I wanted BIS or BBOS10. I could care less what they call the platform. I have said that I want and would have expected a next generation product which retained all the core functionality of the best previous product (which evolved for a reason based on much collective user and company experience), plus new and improved features and functionality.

That's it. Pretty basic. Take you last product and make it better.

Unfortunately, this company chose to buy a software development team which didn't listen to the previous development team (let alone get along with them) and took a huge risk and failed by making a totally new product that not only has functional flaws up the whazoo, but functionally performs little like its predecessors and in many areas functions worse (more steps and considerably slower) than its predecessor. Totally inexcusable.

In a desperate, bet the company last gasp, the developers created a flawed product which went in a whole new direction, missing the mark by a wide margin, appealing to very few people in the process, alienating most core BBY users (I am told the conversion rate is a dismal 2%) while also failing to attract buyers from competitors.

Of course, as anyone would have expected, they were able to include some superior capabilities, like faster browsing and better camera, just like every new smartphone release in history has been able to do after 2-3 years of R&D.

Within that factual backdrop and the well documented colossal failure that the product is in the marketplace, there are some people that like the device, some of whom post regularly on Crackberry, and they are welcome to their opinion. They constitute a hardcore, very small minority, but it's good for them that BBY lost billions of dollars developing a device which they like, which otherwise has limited appeal to the rest of the world. But they certainly are entitled to their opinion and I happy for them that they enjoy their product.

Oh, and the fact that the APPs are very limited and we are destined to the APP graveyard (or junkyard) as a result of the failure in the makretplace and the complexity of the software doesn't help. It's like they didn't even check with the owners of the major apps to MAKE SURE they would be launching alongside this new platform before even going down this path. Amazing, stupidity or arrogance. Collectively, the whole thing is such a shame and folly because the roadmap was there -- they had a such a strong grasp of what their core users wanted and this is what they produced.
    10-02-13 06:53 PM
    There were never problems? LOL! Good one...too many to count is a better answer. And very few are fixed.

Posted via CB10
    I suggest you read again pal. Maybe get your reading glasses or whatever it is needed. I said "THOSE were not".

There are problems. Users having a hard time adapting does not qualify.
    rthonpm likes this.
    10-02-13 07:01 PM
    1. Can't resize pictures when sending as attachments
    2. In web browser, pressing space does not insert a period when typing a web address
    3. No time setting for reminders in Remember
    4. Speed dial only available from specific page in phone app. Just a notch above useless as is
    5. Text in emails does not render properly, you have to do a lot of left to right scrolling, very annoying
    6. Cannot sync with Outlook
    7. When zooming in in the browser text is not resized/rearranged in an optimal way
    8. No contact groups
    9. Lot of missing keyboard shortcuts from BBOS7
    10. Contacts mysteriously disappear
    11. Text selection and editing is cumbersome

I still like my Q10 and have faith that these will addressed in future updates. The Bold 9900 was definitely more efficient for business.

Posted via CB10
    Most of these have to do with the OS and not the phone itself.

2. Pressing space doesn't add a period because the address bar is also used as a search bar.
    3. Remember gets time settings in 10.2
    4. Speed dial available on all three tabs in phone app. Besides, with the instant search, you can type the first few letters of the person you're calling when you're on the home screen.
    5. In my experience, only emails with graphic headers don't render properly. Everything else works fine for me.
    6. You actually CAN sync with Office Outlook, either by USB via Link, or by setting up Outlook so it syncs with your Web email and your Web email syncs with your Q10.
    7. Use Reader Mode (press R).
    8. CONTACT GROUPS ARE SORELY NEEDED!
    9. MORE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS NEEDED! (Especially for tab management in Browser: W to close tab, K to duplicate tab, Q to open tabs list Z/X to move between tabs (mostly matching PC counterparts).)
    10. I have had no issue with contacts disappearing, but the phone application doesn't show all the contacts.
    11. Text selection and editing is cumbersome on ALL touch-screen devices.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    BBPandy likes this.
    10-02-13 07:23 PM
    There are problems. Users having a hard time adapting does not qualify.
    What planet are you on?

While I personally have no issue adapting with to the functional design of the device (not my favorite and much more cumbersome than it has to be, require many more steps to get do what I want), it is a BIG leap into BizzaroLand, unlike any conventional functionality. The result is best described as: "Geeks Gone Wild."

The outcome is very few users. The equation is very simple (and predictable):

Difficult/strange OS = limited user appeal = few customers = company disaster/failure.

A by product of that equation is limited APP development = even more limited functionality and appeal.
    10-02-13 07:39 PM
    Most of these have to do with the OS and not the phone itself.

4. Speed dial available on all three tabs in phone app. Besides, with the instant search, you can type the first few letters of the person you're calling when you're on the home screen.
    Not sure what you're talking about? You used to be able to press and hold any key from the home screen, an poof, you are speed dialing someone. This is one of the biggest missed features.

5. In my experience, only emails with graphic headers don't render properly. Everything else works fine for me.
    You are failing to mentioned the random capitalization that occurs in emails and texts.
    10. I have had no issue with contacts disappearing, but the phone application doesn't show all the contacts.
    That is contacts disappearing. Contact search is a disaster. Contact performance is a disaster. There's a much more significant delay in searching for contacts (typing in a letter or letters and waiting for "recognition" takes much longer). Entering a new contact takes longer/more steps (one more). Searching on an new contact requires the additional step of deleting the previous contact from the contact search bar, etc.

And for the record, typing a name from the home screen DOES NOT work as well or as fluidly as searching for a contact within the Contacts module, and it doesn't always get you the contact you need. (Actually, nothing always gets you the contact you need.) It's a pot luck experience. This is another HUGE element of the product's failure.
    11. Text selection and editing is cumbersome on ALL touch-screen devices.
    Not with a trackpad! And for the record, text editing is nowhere near as effective or fluid as with iPhone or iPad.

Not sure who the genius whiz kid was that thought a device w/o a trackpad would be more appealing than a device with one, but he/she needs to go back to first grade. Reminds me of the TV commercial where the guy interviews a bunch of kids and the kids know that "more is better."
    10-02-13 07:49 PM
    A by product of that equation is limited APP development = even more limited functionality and appeal.
    Would that be an issue if you can use all Android apps?
    10-02-13 09:54 PM
    I think the biggest one for me is the flimsy flimsy spacebar it uses one node to connect the spacebar to the board. One node for a key that's the size of three

I'm a guy Dev. Deal with it.
    Yea that one kinda bugs me. Works just fine, but just feels kinda flimsy

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 11:46 PM
    I've never said I wanted BIS or BBOS10. I could care less what they call the platform. I have said that I want and would have expected a next generation product which retained all the core functionality of the best previous product (which evolved for a reason based on much collective user and company experience), plus new and improved features and functionality.

That's it. Pretty basic. Take you last product and make it better.

Unfortunately, this company chose to buy a software development team which didn't listen to the previous development team (let alone get along with them) and took a huge risk and failed by making a totally new product that not only has functional flaws up the whazoo, but functionally performs little like its predecessors and in many areas functions worse (more steps and considerably slower) than its predecessor. Totally inexcusable.

In a desperate, bet the company last gasp, the developers created a flawed product which went in a whole new direction, missing the mark by a wide margin, appealing to very few people in the process, alienating most core BBY users (I am told the conversion rate is a dismal 2%) while also failing to attract buyers from competitors.

Of course, as anyone would have expected, they were able to include some superior capabilities, like faster browsing and better camera, just like every new smartphone release in history has been able to do after 2-3 years of R&D.

Within that factual backdrop and the well documented colossal failure that the product is in the marketplace, there are some people that like the device, some of whom post regularly on Crackberry, and they are welcome to their opinion. They constitute a hardcore, very small minority, but it's good for them that BBY lost billions of dollars developing a device which they like, which otherwise has limited appeal to the rest of the world. But they certainly are entitled to their opinion and I happy for them that they enjoy their product.

Oh, and the fact that the APPs are very limited and we are destined to the APP graveyard (or junkyard) as a result of the failure in the makretplace and the complexity of the software doesn't help. It's like they didn't even check with the owners of the major apps to MAKE SURE they would be launching alongside this new platform before even going down this path. Amazing, stupidity or arrogance. Collectively, the whole thing is such a shame and folly because the roadmap was there -- they had a such a strong grasp of what their core users wanted and this is what they produced.
    You seem to, conveniently, be ignoring the fact that RIM sat back on its heels for years while everyone was redefining the smartphone industry around them and have been steadily losing market share and user base. So yes, perhaps their radical new OS and devices (to bring them in line with what the majority of the other developers are doing and trying to get back some market share) may have accelerated the decline of the company but you can't tell me that sitting around pumping out the same devices with minor changes was going to do anything other then slightly extend the shelf life of the company. The only company that has managed to do that generally is Apple and part of that is because of the wide array of products they have to spread out the hit from missed attempts as well as the ecosystem they have established to entice users to encorporate multiple apple products into a unified entertainment/communication/productivity ecosystem.

The fact is that RIM was going down but at least they took a stab a trying to save the company. It may or may not pan out but in nobody's universe is a slightly modified 9900 going to save them. They had to go big or go home. They've gone big and they might ultimately crash and burn for their efforts but that's where they were headed anyway.

And to suggest that you want anything other than a legacy device on BIS, based on the overwhelming majority of your recent posts, is completely laughable. You have nothing but complain about the Q10 and BB10, the operation of it, the data consumption.. etc. etc. ad nauseum. The fact that you may have had a faulty device from the start doesn't seem to interest you as it would not let you continue to complain about how they have abandoned their core users.

If you want to get to the core of it, it's just easier to develop apps for iOS and Android so there's a bigger app ecosystem and Apple is far better at industrial design and hawking stuff. Even when they create artificial demand on release day by limiting numbers of product, the users are not angry at them, they simply line up earlier to be able to say they got one first. RIM lost touch with the market and assumed that they would always have the corner on enterprise devices and got cought with their proverbial pants down. The market shifted and they got left in the dust plain and simple.
    10-03-13 08:05 AM
    /speech/
    Well said.
    10-06-13 10:12 PM
45 12