What major problems that were mentioned when the Q10 first came out - are still a problem?

Apart from issues such as trackpad, back button, etc.
    10-01-13 07:58 AM
    Those were never issues, just users having a hard time (not wanting) to adapt.

One thing I mention to people about the Q10 and that will never change is the bottom bezel, which is a bit thin and may be an issue when you swipe up.

Besides that, the OS is getting better, the Apps are coming (albeit slowly).... BB10 just keeps getting better.

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean and BBPandy like this.
    10-01-13 09:18 AM
    There were never problems? LOL! Good one...too many to count is a better answer. And very few are fixed.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 01:07 PM
    I would agree, there are an unheard of number of issues for a phone that costs $600+

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 01:29 PM
    There were never problems? LOL! Good one...too many to count is a better answer. And very few are fixed.

Posted via CB10
    I would agree, there are an unheard of number of issues for a phone that costs $600+

Posted via CB10
    So answer the OP and list them guys. C'mon.

My Q10 works for me so no complaints here.
    cookie20 and absolut20 like this.
    10-01-13 03:41 PM
    What "problems"? Mostly lack of willingness on part of new owners to bother to learn or change. The Q is a superior piece of hardware running a "next-generation" OS that is steadily being built out and improved

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    10-01-13 05:07 PM
    1. Can't resize pictures when sending as attachments
    2. In web browser, pressing space does not insert a period when typing a web address
    3. No time setting for reminders in Remember
    4. Speed dial only available from specific page in phone app. Just a notch above useless as is
    5. Text in emails does not render properly, you have to do a lot of left to right scrolling, very annoying
    6. Cannot sync with Outlook
    7. When zooming in in the browser text is not resized/rearranged in an optimal way
    8. No contact groups
    9. Lot of missing keyboard shortcuts from BBOS7
    10. Contacts mysteriously disappear
    11. Text selection and editing is cumbersome

I still like my Q10 and have faith that these will addressed in future updates. The Bold 9900 was definitely more efficient for business.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 05:07 PM
    I think the biggest one for me is the flimsy flimsy spacebar it uses one node to connect the spacebar to the board. One node for a key that's the size of three

I'm a guy Dev. Deal with it.
    10-01-13 05:16 PM
    2. In web browser, pressing space does not insert a period when typing a web address
    3. No time setting for reminders in Remember
    4. Speed dial only available from specific page in phone app. Just a notch above useless as is
    5. Text in emails does not render properly, you have to do a lot of left to right scrolling, very annoying
    6. Cannot sync with Outlook
    7. When zooming in in the browser text is not resized/rearranged in an optimal way
    8. No contact groups
    9. Lot of missing keyboard shortcuts from BBOS7
    10. Contacts mysteriously disappear
    11. Text selection and editing is cumbersome

I still like my Q10 and have faith that these will addressed in future updates. The Bold 9900 was definitely more efficient for business.

Posted via CB10
    That's more like it. I do have some things to say though if you don't mind.

1. True. Not a big deal for many. Hopefully the little details come around though.
    2. I don't know why you need that. Double space is meant for the end of a sentence not for web addresses.
    3. If you use a calendar you can add reminders to the calendar that enables you to set a date and reminder time all from the remember app.
    4. Agreed. But I still use it with relative ease. Open call app and find the speed dial I made and tap it. Wish the quick dial was better though. Is that what you meant?
    5. Yup a bit strange. But emails written by people in regular text are fine. Maybe because I'm on an early build of 10.2. Emails with HTML coding are strange i.e. emails from your bank.
    6. Not everyone has this issue from what I hear but it could become one for business.
    7. Double tap the text and it resizes to the screen. Reader mode also works in many cases. Once I found that out I was flying.
    8. True. Hope that comes soon. Would seem easy to implement.
    9. Still have some. The basics really. Some people used them a lot and others didn't.
    10. Not an issue for everyone but makes me wonder why it happens. Backup contacts to your sim always.
    11. I got used to it. Isn't 100% perfect though.

The 9900 was very efficient for business. I think BB10 was meant to address the consumer defection moreso than the business users. Probably wasn't the best idea. The 9900 is still a great business phone but a bad consumer phone.
    10-01-13 05:51 PM
    I think the biggest one for me is the flimsy flimsy spacebar it uses one node to connect the spacebar to the board. One node for a key that's the size of three

I'm a guy Dev. Deal with it.
    This is one of the major problems that for sure will not change on the Q10. It may only be rectified in newer qwerty devices as it would be too expensive to fix or recall especially since most people have no issues with it. My spacebar was wonky out of the box but I pushed it down evenly with two thumbs and it clicked and has never given me a problem since.
    10-01-13 06:20 PM
    Use Photo Crush.
    10-01-13 06:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is a ridiculous overstatement. Unheard of? Please. 1st gen of iOS wasn't even close to on par with the then current platforms (not even able to cut and paste!?). Additionally, most of the "problems" folks like to mention are not going to be problems to many users, and are just a matter of getting used to a new product.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:59 PM
    The keyboard is not disabled when the device is holstered, while using the phone. Can't call hands free because of all the random button pushing, shift and alt keys always pressed when removing it.

I know, only old dudes use a holster anymore, but I just can't stand keeping the phone in my pocket.

That's the only thing I really miss from my 9810, is the awesome holster support .

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:08 PM
    I know, only old dudes use a holster anymore, but I just can't stand keeping the phone in my pocket.
    I really don't get this.

Not for blackberry owners, let alone GS4 owners!

How can you keep a heavy, big phone in your pocket>?
    10-01-13 10:11 PM
    I have an authentic holster and love it! I am not old if 109 is old! I still feel young! Especially with a BlackBerry

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    10-01-13 10:27 PM
    The device is full of operational defects and dysfuntctions.

Some of them will get fixed over time.

Some are structural.

The fact that the device bears so little resemblance to Blackberry's tried and true functional evolution is a big disappointment.

These devices are supposed to be a productivity tool. Instead of taking the last version and retaining all the good while making things better, they forgot their roots and what you have is. Ahodge pdge of a little of this and a little of that -- and it doesn't come together for tried and true Blackberry fans. Obviously, it doesn come together for most people as the product is DOA.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:46 PM
    No issues with Q10? Lol! Where are the very basic day to day usable apps like Viber, imo, vonage, CNET, instagram, tango, line, etc?
    These stupid guys don't want to provide apps but still talks a lot! Useless...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:50 PM
    If those apps are your basic day to day necessities, you're probably not BB's intended target audience.

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean, Ascumbas and rthonpm like this.
    10-01-13 10:58 PM
    I'm not even talking about missing features that the phone should have. How about when clicking on a conversation in the text app, it goes to the convo under the one you want, or how about the camera not working at all, or the search launching into your last search instead of a new one?.....this phone is pure ****

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:40 PM
    Camera not starting issue.
    10-01-13 11:47 PM
    Holster flipped in pants is the way to go. Same way we used to rock pagers with clip on outside not phone....

Posted via CB Q-10
    10-01-13 11:49 PM
    Exchange contact syncs the birthdates 1 day wrong. That bug has been around since day one and I am losing hope that it'll ever be fixed.

Sent from my Q10
    10-02-13 02:05 AM
    Sending text messages to multiple contacts is laggy and cuts of space to keep adding rather than scrolling up.

Posted via CBQ10
    10-02-13 08:04 AM
    Categories still missing from contacts

Posted via CBQ10
    10-02-13 08:05 AM
    Option to broadcast BBM to entire group removed; what is the purpose of groups without that?

Posted via CBQ10
    10-02-13 08:06 AM
45 12