When you try to send a mail from the home screen, I would type "mail alex" for example, so if I click compose mail, it takes me to PAYPAL app instead of mailing app.

Can someone else with the Paypal app confirm this as well? Why does it take me to Paypal when I am trying to mail someone?
    05-06-14 12:34 AM
    Okay to clarify, if I type "mail" from the home screen and choose "compose a mail", it takes me to Paypal app sending money page.

I have also tried EMAIL from home screen as well and it takes me to Paypal. I want "mail" from home screen to take me to actual mail app instead of Paypal.
    05-06-14 12:55 AM
    Try checking your 'default apps'... just type in default off the homescreen and the setting should show up. Maybe paypal is set as ur email default for some reason?

Im guessing you do have at least one email account set up on the phone?
    05-06-14 12:52 PM
    Ok - silly question coming. I've just recently really learned to use the home screen search as a productivity booster. It is amazing when you really allow its power to be fully unleashed.

Why WOULDN'T you do "mail alex" instead of "mail" then choose compose email, THEN type in the recipent's name? Your first example seems to be the more precise use / more productive use of the Search feature. (Obviously, assuming your issue gets solved viz-a-viz PayPal email bug)
    05-06-14 01:01 PM
    I guess maybe if Alex has multiple email addresses, as the instant action screen will only show two 2 entries/search results from each category... so if you type in 'mail alex' and alex has 4 emails, only the first two will be visible... so in this case your stuck doing it the longer way.. *shrug*
    05-07-14 01:37 PM
    Bet you could reduce your search to "mail alex xxxxx" where xxxxx is a unique account identifier. "Email alex yahoo". "Email alex gmail" etc.

Try it out and post back. I don't have contacts with that many emails!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:45 PM
    If you type mail Alex last name then select the little arrow to the right of the search all e-mail addresses will be expanded and shown I tried it with someone who has 3 and worked.
    I don't have Paypal app I just use the webpage. Its pretty functional. I saved a shortcut to my home page.

Mailing a contact from the home screen.-img_20140507_211329.png

Posted from my awesome Q10
    05-07-14 11:14 PM
    Wasn't paying attention to Q10 forum location!

On Z10 brings up 4 max from what I can tell. No need to use full fname or lname either! Like BBOS. If I type "mail j q" I get all 4 email addresses for "Joe Quatxxxxx" just like in contacts / compose in hub / and phone app now. Used to get frustrated missing this from BBOS.

These weren't in earlier OS's IIRC. I just got on 10.2.1 recently from 10.1.0.2074 (AT&T) AWESOME!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 11:43 PM
    Okay let me just get a few things here. I of course have my outlook account linked to my Q10.

This issue might not be with BlackBerry itself but with Paypal. I have erased Paypal Android app and the mail app from the homescreen works perfectly.

1. When I type "mail" I see "compose mail" under action menu. When I click that it sends me to Paypal send money page.

2. When I type "mail alex", I see "email Alex" under action menu with the email address I have for him under the menu. When I click that it also sends me to Paypal send money page except this time, his address is already put in inside the Paypal send money page.

I have tried the "Default Apps"thing and all it does is this. It's basically about opening files and it's associated file types.
    Mailing a contact from the home screen.-img_20140507_223640.png

However, I did find a way around this issue. When I type "mail alex", and I see the "email alex" under the actions tab, if I click and hold on that "email alex" box, I get the side menu on the left edge of the screen and the top icon is the "send email" button. So one extra click, but I guess it is still reasonable. I need the Paypal app, so this is what I will be doing.

PS: I have also tried "email" as well as "email alex" and both take me to the Paypal app.

As it stands currently, there is no genuine Paypal app available for bb10 and I am forced to sideload the Android version. And the Paypal app interprets "mail" as mailing money. Hahaha

If you are using PayPal app on your bb10 phone, you have to know what I mean with the mail shortcut thing.

Thank you for all the suggestions in this thread.
    05-08-14 12:43 AM
    Any chance you can change some settings in the PayPal app? Or deny permissions?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:27 AM
    Funny you mention that and when I looked at the Paypal permissions it does not even give me an option to take away the permissions.

Mailing a contact from the home screen.-img_20140508_061509.png
    Mailing a contact from the home screen.-img_20140508_061515.png
    Mailing a contact from the home screen.-img_20140508_061523.png

I'm sure without the access to my contacts, they would not be able to send me to their Paypal send money page straight from the home screen. Unfortunately, I can't turn those off.

I'm surprised that no one else with the Paypal app has chimed in. I thought all BlackBerry users (since most are business users) would use the Paypal app on their phones.
    05-08-14 08:23 AM