Hey everybody,

I am a die-hard BB fan and I've been eyeing the Q10 ever since the release.

I have one BIG question before making the jump to the Q10 though. Does the Lycamobile service work well with the BB 10? I have an unlimited data plan and I just want to know if others out there have any issues with using data on a BB10 device with the Lycamobile carrier.

Your responses are extremely appreciated. Thanks
    11-09-13 08:59 PM
    Hey everybody,

I am a die-hard BB fan and I've been eyeing the Q10 ever since the release.

I have one BIG question before making the jump to the Q10 though. Does the Lycamobile service work well with the BB 10? I have an unlimited data plan and I just want to know if others out there have any issues with using data on a BB10 device with the Lycamobile carrier.

Your responses are extremely appreciated. Thanks
    Hi!!! Welcome to Crackberry!!! Hope someone on Lycamobile will assist soon.
    11-10-13 05:45 AM
    Wife has q5 with lycamobile sim seems fine. Whatever you can get a pay as you go sim for practically nothing put 5 pounds on it and see what happens. Dont need to cut sim as has push out sim in sim for smaller sim for Q10 and Q5.
    Changing sim on bb10 seems lees bother than on android.
    One thing: APN settings think I had to manually enter them bbut think were remembered after we swapped sims and back. UK apn
    Lycamobile on Blackberry Q10?-img_00000218.png
    11-10-13 06:48 AM
    Can you please confirm if BBM is working and if you can make video and voice calls. Thank you
    11-12-13 07:53 AM
    On a Z10, I can get a data connection with the APN settings for Lyca, so that email and web browsing work fine but I have no luck connecting to BBM. When I switch to WiFi, BBM is accessible again. But the Lyca data connection is identified as 'H', without the accompanying BB logo.

Maybe something could be set via the engineering screens, but toggling the accessible APN settings does not seem to enable BBM.
    11-26-13 10:26 AM
    On a Z10, I can get a data connection with the APN settings for Lyca, so that email and web browsing work fine but I have no luck connecting to BBM. When I switch to WiFi, BBM is accessible again. But the Lyca data connection is identified as 'H', without the accompanying BB logo.

Maybe something could be set via the engineering screens, but toggling the accessible APN settings does not seem to enable BBM.

Were you able to access Whatsapp though?
    Last edited by floridchiq; 01-18-14 at 05:29 AM. Reason: typo
    01-18-14 05:28 AM
    I have a question about configuring the APN for this. So far I've only tried the Lyca sim inside my house, and only have edge voice available. Not sure if this is because of a lack of available data signal in my location, or because of configuration of APN to enable data. On my Verizon model of Z10 I do not even see the APN or a way to change it. Doing some research and see a procedure using escreen. Did others have to do this?
    Note: I'm in the States and using a Lyca US sim.
    Last edited by Glow123; 02-06-14 at 03:37 PM.
    02-06-14 03:26 PM
    I'll answer my own question. I did have to use the escreen to set the APN to: data.lycamobile.com
    Note: I had to enable Desktop Mode under Developer Tools in the browser when using escreen to be successful.
    I am now getting EDGE data inside my house. Remains to be seen if 3G will work elsewhere around the area. We'll see!
    02-07-14 04:06 PM
    So, in my local area I am only getting EDGE speed. Not sure if there is some other setting to enable 3/4G? I've seen posts that mention additional APN parameters, at least for some devices, but I'm not sure how, or if I need to, enter those for the Z10. The frequencies for my device are listed as:

Z10 (4G - Verizon)
    LTE Band-13 (700 MHz)
    CDMA Cell-band and PCS-band (800/1900 MHz)
    WCDMA Band-1 and Band-8 (2100/900 MHz)
    GSM/EDGE Quad Bands (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Is the limitation just due to bands T-Mobile is using in my part of NJ? Advice is appreciated.
    02-09-14 09:18 PM