I am a little late to this thread. My suggestions may not work as the Q10 has be activated on the BBM account.

For the contacts to transfer, the curve needed to be using the latest version of BBM and be signed into BlackBerryID. On the older versions of BBM, you could use BBM without having a BlackBerryID and the contacts were backed up either to the SD card or to a BIS email account.

If you still have the Curve, see if you can restore the contacts from a backup (on SD card or email, or Blackberry desktop backup) , then once you have them in the curve BBM, upgrade the Curve BBM to whatever is the latest version of BBM for the Curve. That BBM version should make you sign into a BlackBerryID. This is where it may fail. I am not sure if it will work, as this may then ask to associate the BBM to your BlackBerryID and transer the blank BBM list from your Q10 to the Curve. You may not be able to complete transfer from the curve that way, as it typically done before the new phone is setup.

If you want to skip upgrading the BBM on the curve, see if you can restore the contacts to the curve and then just scan them one by one, using the Q10 to invite them to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:10 AM
    How do I do create a new bbid?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 04:57 AM
    How do I do create a new bbid?

Posted via CB10
    Fill your data here...

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/createaccount

Sent from multiple devices using Tapatalk
    01-15-14 05:38 AM
28 12