I think the little give thing is crucial to understand. Some people might give off the idea to others that the key should be extremely firm with no play from left to right. The connector is in the center so there has to be tiny play. If it's loose enough to stay in one corner when you press it, then you have a problem. I've yet to play with a q10 or 9900 with a space key that has zero give.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 06:58 PM
    But the key has at least some play left to right?

Posted via CB10
    None at all. Rock stable until pressed - the way it's supposed to be like all the other keys.

Q10 all the way baby!
    06-29-13 08:56 PM
    Be careful. Verizon is hesitant to return it for this issue if the space bar still works

Posted via CB10
    When you walk into the store, check the display model to see if it has the same problem. If not, you have a good chance of persuading them that it is a defect, plain and simple. If the store's diplay device has the wiggly space bar, your argument is less effective. Thankfully, I had another reason to return mine, and when you're paying full retail price you can be more demanding in asking that they show you as many as it takes.

Q10 all the way baby!
    06-29-13 09:05 PM
    When you walk into the store, check the display model to see if it has the same problem. If not, you have a good chance of persuading them that it is a defect, plain and simple. If the store's diplay device has the wiggly space bar, your argument is less effective. Thankfully, I had another reason to return mine, and when you're paying full retail price you can be more demanding in asking that they show you as many as it takes.

Q10 all the way baby!

there was 2 people when i went there when i checked there q10 it had the same issue as mine

but i gave the phone to them and they took it for like 15 secs and they gave it back to me and told me there was like something rubbry or something its more firm not but still can wiggle when u like push on each side
    06-30-13 09:16 AM
    there was 2 people when i went there when i checked there q10 it had the same issue as mine

but i gave the phone to them and they took it for like 15 secs and they gave it back to me and told me there was like something rubbry or something its more firm not but still can wiggle when u like push on each side
    I'd try another store, or call Customer Service. You've paid a lot for the phone and this is not acceptable.

Q10 all the way baby!
    06-30-13 11:20 AM
    I'd try another store, or call Customer Service. You've paid a lot for the phone and this is not acceptable.

Q10 all the way baby!
    i'll try there is a mobile shop next to my worksite i'll check out there BB Q10 if it got the same space bar or not

then go to the mall on weekend check it out also

if all got the same as my space bar then i guess all the models here in Kuwait are the I guess
    06-30-13 12:41 PM

Q10 all the way baby!
    just small question

on like the tip of the space on the left or right like can u gently push the space bar on the end of the sapce bar will it work will give it out a " Space " do it with the tip of ur finger

first do it in the middle if it work do it on the tip of the right or left and please tell me what happens
    06-30-13 12:45 PM
    I purchased my Q10 with Tmobile the 2nd day it was out. My space key was doing the exact thing when I got home. I went back to the store the same day and asked them to pull out another Q10 from a box to see if the space key was the same, and it was. Even though I was dissapointed with BB, I decided a small thing like that won't change my mind about the phone (even though it bothered me alot)

A little less than 2 weeks owning the new phone I had trouble with the battery being loose ( it would rattle around within the housing) and issues with signal strength. I called Tmobile and they advised me to back to the store and exchange it under the 14-day rule. The told me the battery should not be doing that and I deserved a PERFECT phone since I paid for it.

The store exchanged my old Q10 for anew one... WOW is all I have to say..the space bar AND the remaining keys felt completely diffferent. The keyboard felt fantastic and different from my 1st phone. I think I somehow fell into a bad batch the first time around.
    Salue likes this.
    06-30-13 01:02 PM
    I purchased my Q10 with Tmobile the 2nd day it was out. My space key was doing the exact thing when I got home. I went back to the store the same day and asked them to pull out another Q10 from a box to see if the space key was the same, and it was. Even though I was dissapointed with BB, I decided a small thing like that won't change my mind about the phone (even though it bothered me alot)

A little less than 2 weeks owning the new phone I had trouble with the battery being loose ( it would rattle around within the housing) and issues with signal strength. I called Tmobile and they advised me to back to the store and exchange it under the 14-day rule. The told me the battery should not be doing that and I deserved a PERFECT phone since I paid for it.

The store exchanged my old Q10 for anew one... WOW is all I have to say..the space bar AND the remaining keys felt completely diffferent. The keyboard felt fantastic and different from my 1st phone. I think I somehow fell into a bad batch the first time around.

Thank you so much I hope this happens to me to get replaced if mine was like a bad unit :<

but can you reply to my question above " just small question

on like the tip of the space on the left or right like can u gently push the space bar on the end of the sapce bar will it work will give it out a " Space " do it with the tip of ur finger

first do it in the middle if it work do it on the tip of the right or left and please tell me what happens "
    06-30-13 01:15 PM
    Thank you so much I hope this happens to me to get replaced if mine was like a bad unit :<

but can you reply to my question above " just small question

first do it in the middle if it work do it on the tip of the right or left and please tell me what happens "
    Pressing in the middle is much easier then on the ends. On the ends I have to push quite hard.

Q10 all the way baby!
    06-30-13 04:09 PM
    I checked my friend's Q10 and his space key feels firm. There is a little play on left and right but only a little, otherwise the space bar feels solid. So definitely if yours feel loose and wobbles sort of like a see saw then ask for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:01 PM
    checked again 3 units all the same space bar guess mine is safe
    07-01-13 08:46 AM
    Definitely an issue with some Q10 spacebars. Just replaced my Q10 after just about a month of usage (and I am not that much of a hardcore typist). The reps in the store (T-Mobile) were cool and the replacement was shipped next-day air to my home. I am not sure if this issue is tied certain models but mine is a SQN-100-5.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:02 AM
    If I order mine from amazon.co.uk and this happens, is it going to be easy to get replaced?
    07-25-13 10:29 AM
    wanted198 - Amazon UK should have no issues replacing the device for you if faulty. Be aware however, some companies will consider this cosmetic rather than a fault, as the space bar does still operate. I bought my Q10 as a grade A (as new) unit from CEX in the UK, and they have said they won't replace it as the key operates normally on press and does produce a space when typing.
    Also, there are no Blackberry repair centres in the UK at the moment, so most devices if faulty will be repaired by the network operators who have their own qualified Blackberry engineers. So basically, if you think you have a fault and want the device replaced, check the retailers' returns policy and send it back within this timeframe and mention the 'documented' issues regarding the space bar.
    To note also, the issue seems prevalent on devices manufactured in Mexico with 'Mexico 5' listed on the white label on the outer box.
    07-27-13 03:24 AM
40 12