This seems to be quite a problem with the Q10's. I don't have any movement on my Q10 back cover.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:17 AM
    I've hold and try my friends's Q10 on my hands and I have to say I didn't get what you said OP, guess you are in a bad luck then?
    05-31-13 01:02 PM
    I just put a single small piece of electrical tape, no bigger than a couple cm^2 on the device in the top left corner where it seemed to have the extra room and it's completely perfect now.
    Good thinking!!! Forgot all about the tape option...
    05-31-13 01:05 PM
    Yes, I have same problem with my Q10.
    Sometimes battery cover came off when pulling out from "leather pocket".
    Not very happy with this.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:05 AM
    My 9800 has a problem of battery door moving up and down after putting it into the holster after months usage. I guess it was due to the tightness of holster.

I am now struggling if I should buy a holster for my Q10. I don't want the same thing happened on my new device. My Q10 battery door is still tight. But, I can move it a little bit from left to right.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 12:24 PM
    Plastic expands and contracts with temperature. Check them when it's cold, which is when it will expand the most, just like vinyl siding. One would think it would expand from heat, but quite the opposite.
    06-06-13 01:09 PM
    I am victim to the loose battery door on my Bold 9780 as well.

I am just wondering if the use of magnets would help solve this problem on the Q10 battery door or any future BB device. Strong enough to keep the door closed along with the current latching design they have. Just along the edges or near the top and bottom of the device. Just something to effectively aid in keeping the battery door from getting loose or moving around after months of use. I could see this beneficial for the Z10 back door where the plastic cover tends to lift after removing the battery door multiple of times. Just a thought I had.
    06-06-13 01:18 PM
    Just chiming in here to say my Q10 has the side-to-side loose door and it can be pressed in about 1mm, indicating there is space between the door and the battery. Really annoying when I'm flying on the keyboard. The space bar is making some weird feeling creak as well when I'm banging away on a message. Annoying. Maying I'll exchange? I already spent $25 on a Zagg screen shield (love it, can't even tell it's on there) and would have to pay another $5 for a replacement screen.
    09-27-13 10:06 AM
    I dont have this problem but i do have tickle sound in it, which seems to be the two battery pins on the inside.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 10:34 AM
    I dont have this problem but i do have tickle sound in it, which seems to be the two battery pins on the inside.

Posted via CB10
    are you sure its the battery pins and not the NFC pins?
    09-27-13 01:42 PM
    i have had two q10s... battery door is loose on both. is nobody selling after market back doors for the device?
    09-27-13 03:22 PM
    I also have this, but I take the battery cover off daily to swap batteries so I think it comes with the territory from me doing it so much. It doesn't bother me though, and never comes off when I don't want it to.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 05:45 PM
    I've noticed mine was a bit loose. I now have a case so it is no longer an issue

Posted via CB10 w/ my Q10
    09-27-13 08:18 PM
    I just put a couple of small pieces of scotch tape in the right spots and now it's tight as a drum. Not too tight - opens and closes easily but the back doesn't squeak or slide at all.
    09-28-13 11:13 AM
    are you sure its the battery pins and not the NFC pins?
    Maybe. Iam not sure about it. Does every Q10 NFC pin sound like that?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 01:11 PM
    Maybe. Iam not sure about it. Does every Q10 NFC pin sound like that?

Posted via CB10
    My nfc pins rattle a little without the back cover on, but make zero noise with cover on.
    citizenbishop likes this.
    09-29-13 11:40 AM
    Same issue. I never touch the battery door, but there is a small amount of play side to side. I've been considering a soft case, but none that I know fit in the BlackBerry leather holster, so we're sort of out of luck.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:55 PM
    I hope I understand well what you describe. Let me rephrase : "if I try to slide my Q10 back cover to the right I can feel it slightly move".
    I confirm this behavior on my own Q10 (and yes, the slide is to the right only in my case). A very limited slide (with a little click sound) on the half top portion of the back cover. Not a big deal to me (see my P.S though ). Can't tell if it is by design (to deal with dilatation, different SD cards or whatever) or accidental. Anyone with the same observation ?
    Concerning a return ... if you can go in person and compare to another Q10 that is not sliding ... I'll give it a chance. But online send/return : never.

P.S: As I never noticed it before: you are a bad boy, who makes me love my Q10 at least 0.000001% less !!!
    I can confirm this! Same thing for me as well!
    09-29-13 01:08 PM
    I love my Q10, and really admire the fit and finish. Generally great build quality........
    But one thing that is bugging me. A loose back cover that has a slight side to side shift. This is really bugging me. I paid full price for it, and I don't expect this from a 700 dollar phone. Has anyone else experienced this? Not a huge thing but it is just one of those little things that bug me.
    Do you think I would have much luck at the Bell store? , or is this too little a problem for a return?

Posted via CB10
    Wowo my BlackBerry is one of the original ones from early launch and eventhough one of the originals ( not that makes a difference!) BUT my phone has none of the issues you are describing! I can't see how even that can happen unless the build quality is somewhat crooked. The back cover fits flush, and quite firm in place! Cna you post a picture!?

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    09-29-13 04:52 PM
    exactly where did you put the tape?

I just put a couple of small pieces of scotch tape in the right spots and now it's tight as a drum. Not too tight - opens and closes easily but the back doesn't squeak or slide at all.
    09-29-13 05:14 PM
    Does anyone find it getting looser after removing the door daily? I'm doing this to swap batteries and haven't noticed any wear yet after about 2 months but I'm curious if anyone else has? Post 37 seems to indicate this.
    09-30-13 01:05 AM
46 12