Long time BB user, as well as long time iPhone user. Problem is currently, I can get both my secure data from my work via Mobile Iron, I can get my personal Contacts and Mail from iCloud, but as previous posters have said, no way presently to get CalDav to work properly to get iCloud calendars synced to the BB. Whats worse, I was led to believe this worked, and now I see it doesn't. Sure, there are work arounds, and apparently new leaked builds work, but they are not gold BB updates, which I can only install on this work phone. Love my Q10, but its going back to Verizon if I don't see a fix soon.
    07-08-13 12:30 AM
    To bring back an older mention in this topic, I had an iPhone 4S which I gave to my mom in return for her iPhone 4 as my secondary phone. I then upgraded to the Q10, and I love it. I had a Curve 8530 before my iPhone 4S, and I loved it (and it wasn't even a top-tier phone). The thing about iPhone is this: It used to have a reputation in the market, as a luxury/rare phone. Over the years, I've seen it go from, analogy-wise, being a Porsche 911, to being a Toyota Corolla. Simply put, more people own an iPhone and it annoys me. Do I sound cocky/materialistic? Maybe, but I hate that. Also, iPhone 5 feels really cheaply built, to me (way too light). I had iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S and it was, of course, the Beta version. Other than some steals from other OS's, they really didn't add anything but new visuals to the OS itself. Apple used to be the standard-setter, and now it's copying standards set by other companies.

I love iOS's ease-of-use, but to me, it couldn't communicate as well as the Q10 (and I still use an iPhone 4). Plus, the fact that Apple releases one phone every year with a semi-faster processor and a camera that is 3 MP better than before and people kill each other over it annoys me, because they literally add a $10 increase to the camera and people sell their 3-month old previous generation iPhones to get the new one. The app store is great on the App store, but I have never found myself downloading more than 50 apps that I actually use. The main app that is missing from my Q10 is Instagram, other than that, I have all the apps I normally used on my iPhone. Whatever I can't/don't use on my Q10, I use on my iPhone. While iOS is easy to use, so is BBOS10 as soon as you get to handle it for over a week/two weeks. I normally adapt to different phones within 2-3 days, but others vary. I do not regret upgrading to my Q10, although if you do not have a tablet/secondary device alongside it, I see why many people would return it. Everyone I know that has a Q10/Z10 has a tablet/secondary phone, or both.
    07-08-13 01:08 AM
    I thank the OP for the positive take on things the BBQ10 does really really well. I agree.

Here's where it boiled down-to for me....first, I LOVED the BBQ10 but I returned it to stick with my iPhone 5 for no reason other than the better apps across the board and the sync.

I think where Blackberry has gone wrong right now is not fixing and courting Mac users -- there simply is no way to reliably sync a mac, iPad, and the BBQ10 through iCloud. I know google works, but its not the standard on Mac equipment. Similarly, there is no iCloud notes/reminders integration.

The single most important thing my phone needs to do is to sync my calendars, my hundreds of contacts, my notes, and my reminders. And right now it does none of those with a Mac system.

Hopefully somewhere down the road they get that ironed out, and I will be the first one back at the ATT store to buy another Q10, I just loved it for the 14 days I had it before it had to be returned during the no-regrets purchase period. I would LOVE to ditch my iPhone. Right now I can not, because its too important to keep things in sync.

I was actually heartbroken when I had to return my BBQ10 and I had already become a master of the swipe and type system...it felt weird to be back on the iPhone -- but my contacts and calendars are correct, my reminders are working across all equipment, and my notes are not getting lost somewhere in the Evernote system...
    07-15-13 05:30 PM
    It has been enough Apple bashing now, iPhone5 is a good phone, but not for me anymore since I am in love with my Z10. And from my point of view: Blackberry makes the best smart phones and Apple should have stayed as the prosumers brand when it came to computers with OS X. They did a HUGE mistake last year when they discontiuned the 17" Macbook Pro, the 15" RMBP is for suckers. as a professional I sincerley do not what to do when my 17" MBP dies, go the ubuntu route with System76?
    Get a lenovo.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:41 PM
    I'm about to be in the same boat as you. First real smartphone experience was on a balckberry. I've had my fair share of everything since then;droid, webOS, HTC. Currently an iPhone user of maybe 15 months (which is long for me. I go through phones in 8-10 month intervals)

I had iOS 7 Beta on my iPhone 5 since its release up until today and I'm unimpressed. It looked nice at WWDC but in use, I was put to sleep. I've already been planning to make the q10 switch but this further solidified my decision...

Now if only sprint can just...
    Geez, I thought for a second that I wrote that post! My experience is almost identical to yours. I used Palm Treo phones before discovering BlackBerry and spending 10+ years with them. I switched carriers from AT&T to Sprint just to get the Palm Pre. Man, THAT was sure disappointing! I stayed on Sprint for a couple years but tried a couple Android phones (awful battery life) and finally an iPhone. Since I'm a Mac user the iPhone was a natural choice and I was very satisfied with it. Never passionate like with BlackBerrys, but my iPhone always did exactly what I asked it to do.

I've never been much of an app hound so perhaps that's why the iPhone never really blew my skirt up (figuratively speaking). I'm about 2 1/2 weeks into my second crackberry addiction now with the Q10 and Verizon. Life is good! I think the transition to the Q10 is easier for me than for a lot of traditional BlackBerry users because it's so different than anything BlackBerry has ever done. The reliance on the touch screen is second nature to me after using an iPhone.

To sync I use iCloud for contacts and for my calendar I put Google in between my Q10 and iCal. Works flawlessly.
    07-15-13 08:04 PM
    Q10 is the the phone the boss uses.
    Match. Set. Pancakes.

\('???)/\('???)/\('???)/

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:44 PM
    Can you be more specific regarding contact and calendar sync using iCloud and Google calendar?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:22 PM
    Thank you. I was thinking they gave me the store demo because it took them so damn long to get it from the back room -_-

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha mine came with a super nice box..... With all the branding in BIG bright labeling lol
    Attached Thumbnails Long-time iPhone user happy with Q10-img-20130728-00083.jpg  
    07-28-13 03:47 AM
    Long-time iPhone user happy with Q10-img_00001735.jpg

I love the Q10!!!! I have three!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 05:23 AM
    For maps, you can install Google maps which is much better than BB maps.

Money Soldiers
    http://moneysoldiers.com
    07-28-13 07:16 AM
    Overall iOs has been the same since 2007. It does everything good but NOTHING great, except music.
    Have you tried your Q10 with Neutron music player? :-)

It is just out of this world! The app is a steep learning curve. For example you have to re-scan your music library when you copy new music to the device as it doesn't use the built in library like the stock music player. However, spend a couple of hours playing with the app and learning how to use it because the payoff is really worth it.

With a higher quality MP3 file at 320 kbits and above it turns the Q10 into perhaps the best portable music player there is.

I was pretty stunned at how a piece of software could transform my music collection.

WAV files sound great too - but on the stock Q10 earbuds there's not much noticeable difference between a 320kbps MP3 and a WAV file - apart from the WAV file eats your storage space on the memory card. Would like to try rigging it up to my hi-fi...

Anyway - you can check it out in BlackBerry World - WELL worth the fee and the learning curve!

BlackBerry World - Neutron Music Player

AND it is one of the best supported apps out there with its own forum...

Neutron Forum

All the best,

Harry
    07-28-13 07:58 AM
    ...but as previous posters have said, no way presently to get CalDav to work properly to get iCloud calendars synced to the BB. Whats worse, I was led to believe this worked, and now I see it doesn't. Sure, there are work arounds, and apparently new leaked builds work, but they are not gold BB updates, which I can only install on this work phone. Love my Q10, but its going back to Verizon if I don't see a fix soon.
    Really? That's odd - CalDAV works with Gmail - thread below says contacts but covers CalDAV too...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post8750571

Harry
    07-28-13 08:01 AM
    Really? That's odd - CalDAV works with Gmail - thread below says contacts but covers CalDAV too...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post8750571

Harry
    Currently there is a problem with BB10 talking to Apple's iCloud CalDAV servers. There is hope that BB10.2 will include the necessary changes to make it work.
    07-28-13 08:33 AM
    I agree it is fairly impractical bouncing around apps. However, this is about the only thing I agree with you on.

hell yeah its boring a slow to do that

No one cares what type of phone you use at the end of the day or what it projects. The only thing people really care about are if you are a worker and if you get the work done. I am not sure I ever looked at a phone and thought, "Man, that guy is really confident."

I am not sure it matters what a person uses or what forum they visit and post to, or their beliefs for that matter. Maybe they got a free S4 and can't afford a new phone, or maybe they just like the iPhone and are BB enthusiasts, too. Who cares?

I care if I see someone with a blackberry there my friend if I see someone with any other phone there my enemy

This must make you really upset?

im upset too

CRACKBERRY FOREVER
    07-28-13 04:17 PM
    I am coming from iphone 5 and can say I really enjoy using Q10. There are some downfalls but overall it is very very great! Suggest it!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 04:48 PM
    Coincidentally, just read an article about top law firm switching to bb10. Personally wouldn't trust a law firm that doesn't value security/privacy. Lawyer toting an iphone is fired as soon as he walks in the door. As for finance, you must not ever be close to Wallstreet. Real estate agents are a joke, an industry that will disappear once the mls is opened up a tad more. Limited listing options are already eating their lunch, who cares what phone they use. I don't see you mentioning hairdressers in that list. My 12 year old nephew uses an iphone, which is appropriate.

Posted via my Zed (not Zee) 10
    Though this comment is now kind of old (as is the whole thread) I think it's an important point - security in general - but the world and other ecosystems have caught up to blackberry in many respects and blackberry isn't quite realizing that yet, I think.

The model Blackberry tends to use for enterpirse communications tends to rely on symmetric cyphers and a central key store - if you want to send a PIN message to another device in your enterprise and even presuming the administrator is concerned about security and established new keys for each device, each device still does have the same key and in fact all devices in the enterprise have the same key (if they want to be able to receive messages from other devices in the enterprise). Compromise of one device compromises the key in general.

This is where simply using more "modern" ecosystems can establish better security. iPhones (and some android phones) do provide hardware encryption of the device itself and you can pick and choose which instant messaging you prefer to use - Threema, for example, does make use of secure key exchange, the keys are unique per message and are forgotten as soon as the message is delivered (providing "perfect forward secrecy"). Not that I am proposing this as the end all to security, but just because a firm is using iPhones doesn't mean they don't care about security. They might have looked very closely at security and come to the conclusion that they need something that iOS provides that blackberry doesnt
    07-28-13 06:08 PM
    BB 10.2 could be the solution you are waiting for, i read that syncing calenders with iCloud did not work with the 10.1 Version and that it will be fixed in 10.2; well, let's see...
    As i am thinking about switching from iOS to BB, this is also very important to me!
    10-24-13 04:54 AM
    I am coming from iphone 5 and can say I really enjoy using Q10. There are some downfalls but overall it is very very great! Suggest it!

Posted via CB10
    What are your downfalls?
    10-24-13 05:57 AM
68 123