Liking my new Q10, however for the record here are a few things that bug me about it since upgrading from my old Curve:
    No Auto On/Off, this was a great feature for night time peace which you could over-ride with the alarm. With my Q10 I have to manually switch it off or navigate to the clock, then swipe and select "bedside mode".
    There is a distinct lack of customisation for notifications as compared to the Curve, which let you customise not only the ringtones and message tones (with far more included on the phone) but also the number of vibrations and whether it only made a sound, vibrated or did both, which ones it did in or out of the holster, and whether removing it from the holster answered a call.
    I miss my nice clean home screen which had just a wallpaper image, four lines of calendar appointments and instant notification of messages in the status bar. I don't really get the big deal of the Hub, as my notifications appeared on my home screen and were only a click away.
    I miss customisable buttons - it now takes longer to open my contacts and camera as I had these functions set to the side buttons for instant access.
    I miss my official BB leather holster - my old one doesn't quite fit. I haven't taken the plunge with a case yet and the plastic ziplock style bag I am using just doesn't cut it! I loved how the holster meant I didn't have to lock the phone.
    If anyone has a solution to any of the above please let us know! Otherwise Blackberry please take note!
    The thing I am most impressed by is the Q10's ability to play you tube videos via G3, which are usually completely lag free, something I always thought was limited by the speed of the connection not the speed of the phone. This blew me away when my 12 year old son started playing music in the car the other day and I could not understand when he had put his own music on my phone - not only was it music but video too.
    Thanks.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    05-18-13 02:13 PM
    My Q10 is my personal assistant. I mounted it onto my old Omni-Bot and it follows me around everywhere I go. Right now we are in my living room and I'm teaching it to play Duck Hunt.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 03:11 PM
    Q10 is the best phone earthlings have ever produced, under any moniker. BlackBerry 10 for life. Even an alien grey was spotted rocking a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 03:12 PM
    other then the auto on/off feature being gone I love my Q10. I thought my torch was great but this Q10 is amazing. Sorry your not as happy as so many others of us are Toberwine..My q10 is with me at all times and blows all my other BB's away
    05-20-13 04:29 PM
    Lmaoo "Grey" I think all of us blackberry users have a little bit of extraterrestrial blood

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 05:15 PM
    You're correct kind sir, we do!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:02 PM
    The reason auto on/off worked with legacy BBs is because you never actually turned legacy devices "off." They went into a hibernation/sleep mode much like when you put your computer to sleep instead of turning it off all the way. This, coincidentally was also the reason for battery pulls in order to reset the phone when there was a problem.

With BB10, the phone actually turns off fully when you power it down, and as such, there is no power running to automatically turn it back on. You have to manually press the power button to turn it on. It's not something that was left out by BlackBerry, it's something that's simply not possible because of the way things work now. Also coincidentally, battery pulls are completely unnecessary now to solve any problems. Holding the power button to turn off or reset the phone achieves the same outcome.

As for bedside mode, when you are at the lock screen, simply swipe down from the top bezel and you will bring the phone into bedside mode. You don't need to open the clock app to get into bedside mode at all.

JB
    05-20-13 06:41 PM
    - recently had the Q10 after years with the curve 8520's then the bold 9780 9790 (Uk) then a torch 9810 and oh my god I have to say the Q10 with its minor glitches and things still blows them all away I've been a blackberry head for years now that I won't even look at an apple or HTC or samsung blackberry will sort the minor details about BlackBerry os 10 out soon enough just give it some time to sprout and flower that's all!!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD