Hi there.

I am having issues getting a contracted phone due to stock so might just try and get one locally a lot of people sell their units brand new to a dealer and they resell and its kind of up in the air about if its warranted or not.

I read on the philippines blackberry site that the carrier only covers it for 7 days and then manufacturer and I checked here on the warranty for blackberry and its quite specific that you will need to prove that you are the original purchaser so I assume this means that the warranty is not transferable ?

Seems kind of harsh that the warranty can't be applied so someone who buys a phone that's never been used as long as it's not been reported stolen etc.

Any one with experience on this or want to comment on thoughts thanks
    03-13-14 09:03 PM
    Depending on your carrier, but usually they have a 7-day return/exchange policy. The dealers you are talking about are located in Greenhills? If so, they sell second-hand units. They are not authorized resellers.

As for the warranty, as long as it's still under the original warranty (either one year or two years), the BlackBerry service center will repair it for you, regardless if you were the original purchaser or not. In my experience, you don't need proof of purchase, since these phones are registered in their system. Unless it's reported stolen or has been tampered with.
    03-13-14 11:00 PM
    Yeah greenhills or st francis. There are also stores who sell cheaper (but not as cheap) inside of megamall who claim that they are in fact resellers (these are actual stores in cyberzone)

Anyway... thanks for your input

What's your suggestion if I can't get one from globe in the next few days
    Last edited by Thalakar; 03-13-14 at 11:34 PM.
    03-13-14 11:19 PM
    Yeah greenhills or st francis. There are also stores who sell cheaper (but not as cheap) inside of megamall who claim that they are in fact resellers (these are actual stores in cyberzone)

Anyway... thanks for your input
    03-13-14 11:35 PM
    Most shops in Cyberzone Megamall are authorized resellers. Only one or two shops sell gray market phones. All you have to ask is if the phones are under BlackBerry warranty. If they answer "store warranty," then those are gray market phones, not officially released for the Philippines.

Does Globe Megamall not have the Q10 available as a prepaid kit? You can try at SM North or at the Globe Tower in Mandaluyong.
    03-15-14 11:42 AM