Hi, I'm picking up a Q10 tomorrow at Verizon and I was just wondering what side loaded apps make the battery drain. I've read the forums and saw that the eBay app has been known to drain the battery and I'm curious about other ones.

I'm thinking of getting the Scorecenter app and Instagram.

Also, what have the experiences been with the side loaded versions of vine and snapchat on the Q10? Just curious.
    06-09-13 04:34 PM
    Hi, I'm picking up a Q10 tomorrow at Verizon and I was just wondering what side loaded apps make the battery drain. I've read the forums and saw that the eBay app has been known to drain the battery and I'm curious about other ones.

I'm thinking of getting the Scorecenter app and Instagram.

Also, what have the experiences been with the side loaded versions of vine and snapchat on the Q10? Just curious.
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    So you're getting a Q. That's great! I have The Score on my Z and there is not one problem with it. I assume it will be the same for you on the Q. Why don't you try a few of the sideloaded apps for yourself and see what you think? Even if they do use the battery a bit you may want to keep them because they sound like apps you're interested in. You decide.

I have not, however, heard of anything draining the battery as you are asking!

Welcome to CB and enjoy your stay... and your NEW Q10!!!!!!!!!!
    06-09-13 05:49 PM
    I have instagram (on my z10) and don't think it's drained the battery (especially not compared to ebay, ebay will drain a full battery in like 4 hours at most) . Although i side loaded it day one.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:27 PM
    ebay will drain a full battery in like 4 hours at most)

Posted via CB10
    I don't have the phone yet. But do you mean ebay will drain your battery in 4 hours if you leave the app opened (in 1/8 active frames)? or regardless if the app is open or closed your battery will die in 4 hours?
    06-10-13 12:15 AM
    I don't have the phone yet. But do you mean ebay will drain your battery in 4 hours if you leave the app opened (in 1/8 active frames)? or regardless if the app is open or closed your battery will die in 4 hours?
    We are talking about the eBay app that is on BlackBerry App World. It is an android port and will drain your battery even if you have the app fully closed out. Do NOT download the eBay app! It is horrendous. Read all the reviews on app world, everyone and their mom are complaining about it.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    06-10-13 01:34 AM
    I pulled the apk and sideloaded the Android eBay app onto my Q. Thus far it seems to be behaving quite well, does anyone else see problems with this?

If you happen to want the bar file, just hit me up via PM or PIN and I'll send it over.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:53 AM
    We are talking about the eBay app that is on BlackBerry App World. It is an android port and will drain your battery even if you have the app fully closed out. Do NOT download the eBay app! It is horrendous. Read all the reviews on app world, everyone and their mom are complaining about it.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    Actually I've found you can download it (Ive had it weeks) but if you sign and leave it signed it that's when it will kill the battery. So just sign out when done (which stinks yes)

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:44 AM