hmm. just noticed Kevin's post on the front page about 10 features of 10.2. Sadly I noticed somwhere a comment that by making it possible to speed dial in the different tabs of the phone app, the clowns at the BB circus feel this is addressed. Are they kidding?? Please tell me this is not the end of their work on it, only blackberry could call that a speed dial! It HAS to work from the home page, I mean for goodness sake what is the big technical difficulty on it?

I lay this challenge to blackberry - if QNX is so superior to BBOS why can't you put a speed dial in from the home screen like BBOS had?

Oh, and for that matter while we are unveiling elephants in the room, any chance of a decent explanation why 'the future of MDM' platform is less capable of communicating via the bridge system than the obsolete BBOS?
    I totally agree. I have asked in several posts about the home screen speed dial functionality and even sent a PM to Kevin (And by the way he never even took the time to reply).
    This type of poor response from Blackberry to fix basic issues is what will ultimately lead to their demise. They must believe they know better than their customers and make their own decisions on how things will work in their new OS. No wonder sales are declining. I understand BB10 is a totally new platform, but speed dialing is a basic feature. My 80 year old mother in law has a basic flip phone and it has speed dialing from the keypad. Loyal customer's like us buy their new products and provide them a revenue stream but they seem to drop the ball and don't listen to us and fix the issues we identify. Has any one ever received a customer survey from Blackberry asking for your feedback or input??
    08-23-13 04:44 PM
    here's an interesting update for you - Mr Clewley replied to a direct question on twitter. I asked when we would get speed dial back and he said 10.2. I asked to clarify is it from home screen or do you have to have the dialer open - he said from homescreen - no room for doubt what he is saying is coming. I did also ask him about bridge, but he said he has nothing to share, which didn't suprise me

At least he answered, and on his saturday too. fingers crossed, a speed dial from home screen along with the toast notifications would go a LONG way to turn my opinions on the q10 round. It might even let me forget if they don't update bridge
    08-23-13 05:26 PM
    That's is an interesting tweet from Mr. Clewley. I am running the leaked 10.2.0.1323 on my Q10 and speed calling from the home screen is not working.
    08-23-13 06:27 PM
    can mean only 1 of 2 things - the leak does not reflect that particular addition to the codeset, or its hot air. I'm going to hope for the best here though and wait to see. I will get back to Mr Clewley in the event it doesn't turn out that way, but fingers crossed
    08-23-13 06:46 PM
54 123