So I was using my phone and one of my shift keys came off and I'm just really disappointed tbh. I mean I'm not worried about longterm quality issues because I never keep a phone more than a year but this is just kind of an annoyance. Now I have to call my carrier and have it replaced and go through phone trees and s***.

Idk I'm rambling. It's just kinda frustrating. I've already called my carrier and they're replacing it for free. But I shouldn't have had to go though all that. Because I shouldn't have had this problem in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:19 PM
    Wow! That is frustrating. Really strange though as the phone seems really well built. Hey, that could never happen with a virtual keyboard!
    09-30-13 07:35 PM
    The first Q10 I got the rear facing camera wouldn't focus on anything, had to return it also.

Never had an issue with any previous BB devices we have owned.
    09-30-13 07:49 PM
    My dad had to get his Q10 replaced as his spacebar was loose; carrier was brilliant.
    Last edited by CJH_; 09-30-13 at 10:43 PM.
    09-30-13 09:37 PM
    I've been lucky with mine - buy those things always make a person nervous.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-30-13 09:55 PM
    I also have the loose space bar issue. Took it to the shop I bought it from and they claimed it is normal. Most likely just trying to avoid a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 10:52 PM
    I'm glad I don't tend to run into these random issues with new devices.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    10-01-13 12:54 AM
    I also have a loose feeling space bar. It feels like there is only one small connection point to the device in the middle of the key. If I hit the key off centre it rocks the entire key to that side and has a squeaky feeling.

I give it 3 months before it falls off.
    10-01-13 07:04 AM
    I also have a loose feeling space bar. It feels like there is only one small connection point to the device in the middle of the key. If I hit the key off centre it rocks the entire key to that side and has a squeaky feeling.

Exactly same thing on mine.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:47 AM

I also have the loose space bar issue. Took it to the shop I bought it from and they claimed it is normal. Most likely just trying to avoid a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    It's not normal, I've used other Q10's too and can assue you, every key should be tight and responsive.
    Also compared my step-daughters white Q10 to my black one and my dad's, the kb on that white Q10 is phenomenal - seems to be a better component though I'm sure it isn't.
    10-01-13 01:09 PM
    I've had a good run with this handset, but it seems the ear speaker is dying. I've a new phone on the way from Verizon. Keyboard has been tops.

Will they give me a refurb or a new phone?
    10-01-13 01:12 PM
    Keyboard solid for me. Great keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 01:14 PM
    I've had a good run with this handset, but it seems the ear speaker is dying. I've a new phone on the way from Verizon. Keyboard has been tops.

Will they give me a refurb or a new phone?
    As it's under a year old, ask for a new handset.
    Last edited by CJH_; 10-01-13 at 05:50 PM.
    10-01-13 02:06 PM
    my space bar is also loose, but been too lazy to go to the store. functionally hasn't been a problem though.
    10-01-13 02:41 PM
    Yeah, I have the spacebar issue too.... I decided to order a replacement phone yesterday.
    10-01-13 04:27 PM
    Unhappy right now. Turns out my v button has a "bubble" that lets light out plus the loose space bar. It's still functional but for a brand new phone this is unacceptable. Worse part is that for me to get it fixed they have to send it in and it'll take about month so basically I am out of this phone for a month. Stupidness.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 03:08 AM
    It's unacceptable to spend 30 - 50 k on a car too and have stuff go wrong but it does sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    10-02-13 11:12 AM
    So Verizon will only send me a refurb because I'm outside of the 30 day purchase date. Sounds like bs, but that's verizon. Ps I'm on a business account and didn't deal with customer service personally, but I've been given the go ahead to deal with them myself (and I will if the refurb is ****ty).

Ps I posted above. My ear speaker is dying/beginning to fail.

Advice?
    10-02-13 11:54 AM
    For the record Refurbs are mostly going to give you no trouble as they've been gone over by a tech to make sure everything is running properly. (this was pointed out to me years ago by the geniuses of Crackberry and they were right)
    10-02-13 12:16 PM
    For the record Refurbs are mostly going to give you no trouble as they've been gone over by a tech to make sure everything is running properly. (this was pointed out to me years ago by the geniuses of Crackberry and they were right)
    In fact they're probably LESS likely to give you trouble, and every time I've gotten one from T-Mobile, it seems brand new.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-02-13 12:51 PM
    Exactly same thing on mine.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. However, in order to replace the keyboard or the phone, the spacebar has to actually "drop" to one side or another and not balance on that central button. Once I've seen what the real issue looks like, I've accepted the feeling and occasionally sqweeky sound as a fact of life.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:04 PM
    The Q10 on display at FutureShop in downtown Toronto also had a loose space bar but I attributed it to the fact that it was a display model. This thread makes me think twice about getting one. Remember the trackball issue with the Tour?
    10-02-13 01:26 PM
    The Q10 on display at FutureShop in downtown Toronto also had a loose space bar but I attributed it to the fact that it was a display model. This thread makes me think twice about getting one. Remember the trackball issue with the Tour?
    My Verizon Q10 seems better made than my old T-MOBILE Q10. For whatever reason. I kniw the Ver one is Mexican made.
    10-02-13 02:10 PM
    Same here. However, in order to replace the keyboard or the phone, the spacebar has to actually "drop" to one side or another and not balance on that central button. Once I've seen what the real issue looks like, I've accepted the feeling and occasionally sqweeky sound as a fact of life.

Posted via CB10
    That's what happened with my dad's. He got a new Q10 without hassle; no trouble since.
    10-02-13 06:39 PM