Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,246 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Key Size?

    Do we know exactly how much bigger the keys are ? It would be fantastic if they were 30% bigger but I don't see how that is possible since the width of the Q10 is only marginally wider.
  2. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,246 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

    Default

    Here is a great comparison view that you can expand .

    http://img.digitaltrends.com/image/bb7bb10-620x480
  3. LazyEvul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,771 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    If I remember correctly, BlackBerry claims they are 30-percent larger than the 9900.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
  4. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,246 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyEvul View Post
    If I remember correctly, BlackBerry claims they are 30-percent larger than the 9900.
    Ok I did find this interview with BB Exec:


    "What allows us to get that extra size is we've replaced the home key, the back key and the send/end keys, since everything in BB10 is controlled by gestures and direct manipulation of the data. Without the curve, each key is the same size, and they're 3% larger."

    http://mashable.com/2013/02/02/blackberry-z10-design/

    So I guess we can close this thread 3% not 30%.
  5. LCW
    LCW is offline
    LCW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default Key Size ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbnivende View Post
    Here is a great comparison view that you can expand .

    http://img.digitaltrends.com/image/bb7bb10-620x480
    I don't think that image shows them scaled properly...

    Here's a photo from another thread that shows the Q10 side by side with a 9900... Q10 keys are noticeably wider...

    Hot! BlackBerry introduces Q10: QWERTY keyboard, screen 3 "1, run BB10
    sold: Bold 9700
    Latest OS: 5.0.0.714 (official T-Mo)
  6. sibeans's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbnivende View Post
    Ok I did find this interview with BB Exec:


    "What allows us to get that extra size is we've replaced the home key, the back key and the send/end keys, since everything in BB10 is controlled by gestures and direct manipulation of the data. Without the curve, each key is the same size, and they're 3% larger."

    http://mashable.com/2013/02/02/blackberry-z10-design/

    So I guess we can close this thread 3% not 30%.
    please don't quote mashable, that site sucks. LOL (as in, they tend to produce any negative press about BlackBerry and prop up anything iPhone related)
    Last edited by sibeans; 02-02-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Torch V. Bold: key size and typing speed?
    By Mcbcom in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 09:33 PM
  2. Key Board Letter Font Sizes Different
    By ridavid81 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:42 PM
  3. Different sized text on different keys
    By mark00020 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 05:20 PM
  4. Curve Keyboard: Size of Keys
    By htsmithjr in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 01:05 PM
  5. Arrow Key? Delete text in the middle of a string?
    By archinloaf in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions