The craziest thing just happened. I was walking back to my car after leaving the local grocery store and a man in a suit was standing in between me and my car in the parking lot. I noticed that he was holding a phone up as if he was taking photos or recording a video. As soon as I seen that, I moved to get out the way, but he told me "You're ok, keep going, I'm not filming or taking pictures right now". So I kept walking towards my car and seen the unmistakable rear of a BlackBerry Q10.

I was genuinely excited. I have never seen a BlackBerry 10 device that didn't belong to me personally outside of a carrier store. So this was a big deal and seeing the guy dressed in a nice looking suit made me instantly think that this is like seeing a BlackBerry user of the early 2000s. I thought maybe it was a lawyer or business owner out getting work done with his BlackBerry Q10. The whole thing made me happy and I couldn't help but do something I haven't done in years. I approached someone based completely on what type of smartphone he was using.

As I walked by him, still on the way to my parked car, I asked "how are you liking your BlackBerry Q10?"
    He replied "Oh, it's not mine. This is our in store demo unit, we just got it in stock today and I'm loading it up with sample photographs."
    He asked if I'd like to see it and lowered the phone to hand it to me. At that time, I saw his Verizon Wireless name badge. He wasn't a lawyer, he was an employee at one of those tiny Verizon authorized reseller stores.

It was surreal how quickly I went from being excited, impressed and completely shocked to being brought back into reality. Grand total of BlackBerry 10 devices spotted in the wild for me is still sitting at zero.
    adamlau likes this.
    10-30-13 11:02 AM
    Ha too funny. Thanks for sharing this. But on the bright side, it's nice to know that a dealer was taking a proactive interest in selling the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    10-30-13 11:06 AM
    I have seen a total of 2 Q10's and zero Z10's in western Canada. Patiently waiting for Wind to offer the Z30 so I can move from Rogers and upgrade from my 9800:-)
    10-30-13 11:06 AM
    Oh I've taken pictures of two completely random strangers on the Metro to share with the ambassadors....thank goodness for no flash or sound on my device...
    10-30-13 11:07 AM
    Ha too funny. Thanks for sharing this. But on the bright side, it's nice to know that a dealer was taking a proactive interest in selling the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! It was awesome seeing him load it up sample photos to show customers how the camera performs. Much better than taking your own photos with the camera while standing in the store. The bad part was this store just now got the phone in today according to him.
    10-30-13 11:26 AM
    Excellent share. I always make it a point to approach people who sport BlackBerry devices!
    10-30-13 12:21 PM
    Actually that's pretty cool, if a store rep is taking the time to get to know the phone at least to the extent of using the camera. Much better than the usual "I didn't realize Blackberries had a camera!" or whatever people. =P
    10-30-13 12:38 PM
    I still appreciate the employees enthusiasm.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 09:58 PM