I have had a Z10 for a little over a year now, and I won't be able to upgrade for one more year (can't get Passport). To curve my desire for a change, I bought a new Q on ebay. Anyone have any tips or advice for the transition? I love the touch keyboard on the Z10, but I've been missing the physical keyboard bliss of my older BlackBerry devices. Let me know what I'll be in for!

Envoy� par mon Z10
    07-30-14 01:06 PM
    Did you ever use a 9900?
    07-30-14 01:17 PM
    Congratulations on a fine phone. My son has one and loves the device. For me the larger screen and touch works better. Bought the Q10 to try but did not work for me. With a bit of luck you will have a very wonderful experience.
    purplefish212 likes this.
    07-30-14 01:18 PM
    Congrats on the purchase! I bought a Q10 on eBay last Fall to replace my Z10. The Z is a great device, but nothing compares to the Q IMO.

Only advice I have is enjoy! The screen size is really not an issue after you've used the Q IMO.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 01:34 PM
    I've never had a 9900 but a friend did. Is it comparable?

Envoy� par mon Z10
    07-30-14 04:35 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! I tried one out in a verizon store and was reminded of the good old days of physical keyboards. I can't wait for it to arrive!

Envoy� par mon Z10
    07-30-14 04:37 PM
    This is bar none the best phone I've ever used. It gets r done and requires little finesse. Touchscreen phones are so delicate and you have to look at what your doing most of the time. On the Q I start searching for things as people are talking, it's always ready for action. You're gonna love it I'm sure, especially coming from a Z10!

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    07-30-14 04:42 PM
    I Got my Q10 for a week now and I love it! It's really quick to operate, feels like a quality phone and is compact.

I'm not interested in watching movies on my phone: I use my laptop or TV for that.

I also like the feedback of a physical keyboard.. plus the fact that I don't have to turn the screen...

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    07-30-14 05:51 PM
    im coming from a z10 as well at first youll be touching the screen for the keyboard to pop up also the slide to unlock on my z10 used to kill my battery so i had to disable it but on the q you will not have any issues i dont miss the bigger screen and it really doesnt seem that much smaller once youve been using it for a while you really can miss with it .
    07-30-14 05:59 PM
    Same here. Just left Z10 for Q10 yesterday. Just a bit disappointed on the screen size and resolution . A bit blue and green. But overall, it's perfect and much better than Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 08:01 PM
    If you have already been on the Z10, there aren't many tips left for a new Q10 owner - since you should know your way around the OS.

Use Instant Action to perform quick tasks. To do so, just start typing anywhere on the homescreen. Besides being an universal search, you can also perform actions with it. Type "Tweet enter your tweet here" and you can tweet right away without ever opening an app. Type "BBM contact/group" to jump right to the conversation. Just like the tweet, you can also take memos right away, type "Memo enter your memo now" and it gets stored without opening remember.
    It is a powerful and very efficient way of performing anything on your Q10 on the fly.

Next learn your shortcuts, they come in pretty handy since you can quickly perform tasks you usually need to tap around the display. With T and B you can for example quickly jump to the top or bottom of a page, try doing that while viewing a large side on a touchscreen. Hitting the spacebar brings you to the next visible, i.e. scrolling down. In the browser hiiit R or L to quickly enable reader mode or reload the page.
    There is a complete shortcut list floating around here on CrackBerry.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    07-30-14 09:25 PM
    I have the Q10 and overall I like it ok. Love the hub, but the small screen is killing me. The screen seems dark, but members seem to think it my eyes... who knows? I am sure that you will see that the Q10 is very functional. Keep us posted.
    07-30-14 11:06 PM
    I don't think there are any tips since you're already used to BB10. I guess it would be adjusting to the keyboard, truthfully, I love this phone. I can't seem to get rid of it without regretting it, I also pair it with an iPod touch so I guess the screen size isn't much of an issue to me. Typing say, call ___ from the home screen and it giving your the quick action is very convenient though, comes in handy more so than people might think.
    07-30-14 11:24 PM
    I am very excited to start using the shortcuts that come with the physical keyboard. I feel that it will make BB10, an already efficient OS, even more so

Envoy� par mon Z10
    07-30-14 11:51 PM
    The screen size and amoled display are the two biggest concerns I have. I'll post again once I have used it for a week or so to let you all know how I adjust

Envoy� par mon Z10
    07-30-14 11:52 PM
    Screensize only is a concern depending on your needs. My work-supplied phone is a 4.1" Android and I just switched my main-SIM back from my 4.5" Lumia 1020 to my Q10. The only times I miss the larger screens are watching videos, while surely possible on the Q10, it just isn't really fun at all. Besides that for my use I have no problem and didn't even need much time to adjust back to the tiny screen.

07-31-14 12:14 AM
    Does anyone have any advice for a case for my Q10? I usually don't like using a case on my device, but I am currently using a wallet style case for my Z10. I am concerned that a similar type case will make it more difficult to type on that glorious Q keyboard. Or do most of you not use a case? I am wondering if the phone is robust enough if I drop it. I usually don't drop my phone, I've only dropped my Z maybe twice in the year that I have had it. Let me know what you all do!
    07-31-14 12:37 PM
    Does anyone have any advice for a case for my Q10? I usually don't like using a case on my device, but I am currently using a wallet style case for my Z10. I am concerned that a similar type case will make it more difficult to type on that glorious Q keyboard. Or do most of you not use a case? I am wondering if the phone is robust enough if I drop it. I usually don't drop my phone, I've only dropped my Z maybe twice in the year that I have had it. Let me know what you all do!
    i use this not sure if the soft one will get caught up in your pants but this one has worked well for me so far
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Hard Shell for BlackBerry Q10 - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-31-14 06:44 PM
    It's pretty tough, I just keep it in a holster on my hip. I've thrown it on the ground a few times when I was whipping it out while walking but minus a few scuffs it's fine. I do have a clear hardcase but it makes the phone harder to grip so I never use it.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-31-14 08:20 PM
    Yea I got you.
    -well I had the same problem win I first purchase my Q. Being the clumsy person I am (with phones) I went out and brought me a outterbox defender w/holster design especially for work. Which saved me plenty of times from normal drops. Then shortly after I decided I wanted a case with a smaller form factor. So, I brought the OEM flip case (with I love),but flipping the case from top to bottom and back was inconvenient. So I got me a poetic atmosphere case. Personally I have to say it all depends upon day of usage of my Q on what case I use. Now, I'm just going to rock it naked..lol
    Just purchased a Q10-img_20140731_224421.jpg

Q10.. @credo_nj
    07-31-14 09:44 PM
    It depends on my mood. Most of the time I use the official flip shell, yes that flap cover sometimes can be a bit annoying when using the keyboard, but it is not *that* bad.
    Other times I just use that leather pocket/holster and the phone itself is naked. I also have the official hardcase which is quite nice and fits the phone well.

The Q10 can take some beating for sure. I have dropped mine two or three times and the damage is only visible if youu know where to look.

08-01-14 02:31 AM
    Purple, here is my advice.

1. Make sure you put 10.2.1 on it if it doesn't have it.
    2. I got rid of otterbox. Incipio frequency case is really good. Add a ghost armor screen protector and your Q is pretty well protected.
    3. Set up your speed dial keys. One of the big advantages of a Q.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 05:55 AM
    Touchscreen phones are so delicate and you have to look at what your doing most of the time.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    This is true. Finger tips and keys have a special relationship.

Posted via Q10.
    08-01-14 06:34 AM
    No case here. Love holding the Q as it is.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 07:14 AM
    May I ask all those that have left a Z10 for Q10 why you think it's a better device? I'm so tempted to do the same just wondering if it's just a z10 but dif size and physical keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 08:57 PM
41 12