I have just bought a BB Q10, how do I get used to, and the best out of this smartphone when I have only had an old texts/calls mobile before?
    07-12-16 05:08 PM
    This is a good place to start. You can also download a copy of the Q10 user manual for specific versions of the BlackBerry 10 OS from here.
    https://help.blackberry.com/en/blackberry-q10/current/
    07-12-16 05:45 PM
    Here's a YouTube review on the Q10 from when it was first being released which gives a good overview of it's features.
    07-12-16 05:52 PM
    Refund.
    illlya likes this.
    07-12-16 07:57 PM
    Ignore the trolls. They are easy to pick out, however.

First thing to get, is a micro sd card (suggest 32gb but 16gb will do) to store all your photos and music on.

Upgrade to the latest bb10 software (10.3.2).

Next thing that you may want to get is a micro hdmi cord so you can hook your Q10 to a TV if you want.

Set up your wifi so you don't use unnecessary data. Set up your fm radio stations (headphones act as antenna).

If you happened to get a white q10, I would suggest getting a thin gel case, because the hard plastic white version can be slippery. ( clear ones look the best).

Set up account with BlackBerry so you can use BBM and get apps from BlackBerry World.

Enjoy your phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 09:01 PM
    Done it, I'm surprised how much this smartphone will do, I can see me playing with it for hours.
    07-13-16 04:16 AM
    my husband said about using wifi at home and in hotels, that's a good idea, I'll do that first, then the memory card. I have ordered a black one, I have a white Alcatel now which I like but I thought I would have a change and my husband, who doesn't like smartphones can have mine. I'm going to get a cover for mine but I don't know how much I will use it.

Setting up an account with Blackberry is a good idea as is downloading the latest version of the software. Does the phone come with anti virus? What would you recommend?
    07-13-16 04:26 AM
    No anti virus on my BlackBerry. I put it on my PC's but never on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 11:03 PM
    Ignore the trolls. They are easy to pick out, however.

First thing to get, is a micro sd card (suggest 32gb but 16gb will do) to store all your photos and music on.

Upgrade to the latest bb10 software (10.3.2).

Next thing that you may want to get is a micro hdmi cord so you can hook your Q10 to a TV if you want.

Set up your wifi so you don't use unnecessary data. Set up your fm radio stations (headphones act as antenna).

If you happened to get a white q10, I would suggest getting a thin gel case, because the hard plastic white version can be slippery. ( clear ones look the best).

Set up account with BlackBerry so you can use BBM and get apps from BlackBerry World.

Enjoy your phone.

Posted via CB10
    And a Miracast dongle.
    07-14-16 12:14 AM
    I have every PKB BlackBerry since the Curve and currently use a Passport and the Priv I'm typing on now. I still use bb10 daily.

My advice is to appreciate the q10 and bb10 for the functions it brings straight out of the box. Bb10 is an insanely good, purpose built, communicator platform. Don't give into to the desire to turn your phone into something it isn't intended to be because it isn't very good at those things. Consider it a cool, retro device because that's what it is.

Laugh at iPhone and android users when they stare, zombie like, at their phones, poking at them like they are trying to trap lice. Roll your eyes at the number of steps they have to endure to make a simple phone call from contacts. Be happy with a PHONE.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-14-16 12:25 AM
    I have almost every BB10 and once my simcard slid into the Q10 that's where it stayed. Small but powerful. Downloading apps you want is going to make you fall in love with this phone. I buy apps I end up not using, but a few I cant live without are: Zeus browser cuz' u get FLASH for the many sites you still need it for. Fileplay to play your music from inside a folder, much easier to pick your playlist of the moment easily and with no surprises. For pic editing I don't know what the best is but I have and love Effetica Pro. I like Meet Your Device for occasional reference. Star Player is an amazing item that can do local files but also searches a bad@$$ list of great internet radio stations. Music Finder Pro is just all 'yay!' and FUN. (you get your moneys worth but you can also choose the free version instead).

options for streaming, I usually just play on Zeus, but you WILL want StereoTube, which works like Youtube in finding related content, and you can make playlists from
    your own music too.

Sometimes you're gonna need the Downloader app, I dont know why, but it speeds up downloads and performs them if your browser failed at the task.

BeMaps Pro is a major data hog, but worth it for occasional fun or need.

I could go on.. radio player plus is a random suggestion for intetnet radio that works that I happen to like, and mod player plus is almost overkill, but in a good way.

I believe Q10'ers love their phones most of all ; )
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-14-16 10:02 AM
    I recently got a new Q10 myself, and bought a new, very cheap BlackBerry OEM soft shell case on Amazon. Highly recommended for the OP. Enjoy your new BB10 device!

Posted via CB10 | BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-2 on VZW
    07-14-16 08:03 PM
    All of this talk is making me want to put my q10 back in service.

Or even my 9900. I miss old school BlackBerry OS.

07-14-16 08:25 PM

I urge you to consider the dual phone solution: Q10 as your main number, and for email and text messaging; and the Priv for media consumption, pic/vid taking and hot new apps. Perhaps use one phone for work, and the other personal. Or maybe both personal, but the other more private. Yeah, it's more costly, but I think this solution offers the best of both worlds. And life is short.
    Q10Bold and Jay Wright2 like this.
    07-15-16 02:03 AM
    I urge you to consider the dual phone solution: Q10 as your main number, and for email and text messaging; and the Priv for media consumption, pic/vid taking and hot new apps. Perhaps use one phone for work, and the other personal. Or maybe both personal, but the other more private. Yeah, it's more costly, but I think this solution offers the best of both worlds. And life is short.
    Ive got a Q10 for work and a Motorola X Force for private use
    Its a great combo.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-15-16 10:04 AM
    One other item you should buy that I believe is crucial for any phone is a screen protector. I recommend spending the extra 1 - 2 dollars to get one made out of tempered glass as well.

Posted via CB10 w/ Q5
    07-16-16 06:37 AM
    I recommend you get the battery pack (charger + battery, $15-ish). You'll never have to be tethered to a wall.

I like the updated OS, some people prefer an older version but I had a double typing issue and the newer OS resolved it for me.

Some people like cases on their phone, I prefer mine without. A must for me; however, is a Seidio holster.

Also, learn the keyboard shortcuts. Each letter can be programmed to do just about any function: call someone, start a new email, open the calendar, etc, etc).

There is a lot of info on YouTube as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 11:27 AM

If it weren't for the Q10 my simcard would be sitting right back in my 9900, with wifi-device browsing on my other BB10s, mostly the Passport.
    07-16-16 02:04 PM